News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

Redwall Abbey Times [[[Office]]]

Started by Trigoma, August 12, 2012, 09:40:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trigoma

Be chill, Dan. Just because he does good work, that doesn't mean you will lose your position or anything like that. I have already been contemplating on having two cartoonists. I am not sure yet.

@Unknown We are also looking for more article writers, so it would be great to see you apply, since you seem interested. :P

@Rainshadow That is a good idea. We will be adding in the Q/A section in the fourth issue, just to make sure that the third issue comes out stable. Just to solidify everything.

~Trig~

"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting is sure to follow. However, that parting need not last forever... Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short time...that is up to you."
—Happy Mask Salesman

Lily

Dannflor, please calm down. There's no need to react so strongly over an innocent comment. Why don't you have two sections in the newsletter, one for captions and one for hand-drawn cartoons?

Trigoma

I was actually thinking about having Unknown draw the cartoons, and Dan can still caption them. Just an idea out there in the wind.

~Trig~
"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting is sure to follow. However, that parting need not last forever... Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short time...that is up to you."
—Happy Mask Salesman

UNKN0WN

Dann........
You are in a much better position to write comics for this redwall site than I am.......
you've been here way longer and should get the final say in this

Sincerly, Shadow

Dannflower Reguba

Quote from: U.N.K.N.O.W.N. on August 20, 2012, 02:53:51 AM
Dann........
You are in a much better position to write comics for this redwall site than I am.......
you've been here way longer and should get the final say in this

Sincerly, Shadow

Look at it this way, you have presented yourself with the talent of doing completely original comics, while I am limited to what viewers have to see. Therefore making my work on here very bland in comparison, and I doubt my constant arguments with Tiria, Skipper, and the missing Alf have improved my social standing over yours... Best of wishes.

Quote from: Lily on August 20, 2012, 02:40:06 AM
Dannflor, please calm down. There's no need to react so strongly over an innocent comment. Why don't you have two sections in the newsletter, one for captions and one for hand-drawn cartoons?

My reaction is more a summary of all the nit-picky things that have gone on on this site as a whole... Oh well. And as for your idea... I thought of that too, but have you ever heard the quote, "The hardest position to play, is second fiddle."? That's pretty much what happens here.

WONWILL
It appears that you won't have to waste your time searching for pics anymore. Best of wishes, and thanks for the couple of pics you DID send.  :)
[close]
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

UNKN0WN

-comment now obsolete-

Trigoma

Dan, that was uncalled for. You are still head of cartoons, and I have not decided on Unknown drawing them yet. From now on, you are still captioning pics like normal. That idea is still in beta mode.

Also, we have added in some new sections and rearranged a few. Be sure to keep tabs on everything going on, everyone! :P

~Trig~
—Happy Mask Salesman

UNKN0WN

I would like to postpone thinking about applying for a job on the newspaper

Dannflower Reguba

Quote from: U.N.K.N.O.W.N. on August 20, 2012, 03:26:26 AM
I feel very rotten now

No need for that, you just have skills that I don't.

Quote from: Trigoma on August 20, 2012, 03:50:48 AM
Dan, that was uncalled for. You are still head of cartoons, and I have not decided on Unknown drawing them yet. From now on, you are still captioning pics like normal. That idea is still in beta mode.

Also, we have added in some new sections and rearranged a few. Be sure to keep tabs on everything going on, everyone! :P

~Trig~

What was uncalled for? By all rights he should take over the job, and what I said was more a compliment then anything else.

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Lutra

Do you know when an issue will be up so we can see it. :)
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Trigoma

There have already been two issues posted Lutra. :P

@Dan Ah well, everything is settled now. :D

@Everyone Ok, the sections are all set for this week. I would advise to look them over and compare the change. A brief message will be sent once I get back from school in about two-three hours. Lets make this third issue epikal!

~Trig~
—Happy Mask Salesman

SpiderMonkey

I think that with cartoonists, the more the merrier.  All mainstream newspapers have more than one cartoonist, why can't this one?   ???

Trigoma

Not enough applicants, that's why :P.

And I can't figure out how to title my URL's...grrrr...

~Trig~
—Happy Mask Salesman

Dannflower Reguba

[url=redwallabbey.com](What you want the message to say[/url]

example:
(URL HERE!)

Quote from: Trigoma on August 20, 2012, 02:47:59 PM
There have already been two issues posted Lutra. :P

@Dan Ah well, everything is settled now. :D

@Everyone Ok, the sections are all set for this week. I would advise to look them over and compare the change. A brief message will be sent once I get back from school in about two-three hours. Lets make this third issue epikal!

~Trig~

What about help, and Q/A?

SpiderMonkey

Quote from: Trigoma on August 20, 2012, 02:58:38 PM
Not enough applicants, that's why :P.

And I can't figure out how to title my URL's...grrrr...

~Trig~

Sorry Trig, I wasn't really clear on what I meant. :-[  I was talking about the cartoon section and whether they should have more than just captions.  I for one like the captions, but drawn comics would be a interesting addition. :D