News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Any users on this forum who were kids during the 90's years?

Started by Redwallfan7, August 16, 2012, 11:08:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redwallfan7

If you were, what were the 90's like? I love the 90's, I wasn't  a 90's kid, but the stuff in the 90's looks cool. I only asked my brother about it once and he said he watched the Teenage Mutant Ninga Turtles when he was ten in 1994.

So, what stuff did you like or remember?
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Flandor

Ah, the nineties :) I was born in 92, so I was a bit young for some of it, but late nineties stuff I remember for sure.  Good times.
"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer

Lily

Woah, talk about nostalgia!

Fashion-wise, I remember wearing bike shorts with baggy t-shirts, wearing leotards as every day wear, and leggings and slouch socks. I remember reading The Baby-sitters Club and discovering Redwall somewhere in 1994/95. I also liked the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles! I used to watch it with my brother. I remember the Spice Girls. I wasn't really a fan, but I still heard their songs so many times that I could probably sing along if I heard them now. Same with the Backstreet Boys. I loved Evangelion and Sailor Moon, and still do to this day!

I also remember watching Clueless at sleepovers. So... many... times.

This is just an Australian thing, but the novel Looking for Alibrandi was also a really big influence in the 90's.

I could go on forever about my childhood, but I think I'll just stop there.  :-[

Redwallfan7

"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Flandor

Ah, the Backstreet Boys! I think I had a crush on one of them but I forget what his name was now.  Unfortunately the gay one ended up being from N*Sync XD

TNMT was another favorite.  Also, me and my bro LOVED Power Rangers.  We had all kinds of toys and episodes on VHS.  I liked the Red Ranger best! What else...

Old school Nicktoons were awesome.  They had more character to me then a lot of newer ones.  Hey Arnold! and Doug were my very favorites.  Also, the Amanda Show and All That! were so funny.  
"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer

Eustace Scrubb

I remember watching Nicktoons like Dexter and Powerpuff Girls (were they Nicktoons?).  I also have two boxes filled with VHS movies like The Little Mermaid that I can't watch anymore because I don't have a VHS player anymore  :'(.
"There was a boy called Eustace Clarence Scrubb, and he almost deserved it." - C.S. Lewis -

Rainshadow

Quote from: Eustace Scrubb on August 17, 2012, 01:16:06 AM
I remember watching Nicktoons like Dexter and Powerpuff Girls (were they Nicktoons?).  I also have two boxes filled with VHS movies like The Little Mermaid that I can't watch anymore because I don't have a VHS player anymore  :'(.

I think Dexter and Powerpuff Girls were Cartoon Network.  Oooh!  What does this button do?
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Redwallfan7

Quote from: Rainshadow on August 17, 2012, 01:16:42 AM
Quote from: Eustace Scrubb on August 17, 2012, 01:16:06 AM
I remember watching Nicktoons like Dexter and Powerpuff Girls (were they Nicktoons?).  I also have two boxes filled with VHS movies like The Little Mermaid that I can't watch anymore because I don't have a VHS player anymore  :'(.

I think Dexter and Powerpuff Girls were Cartoon Network.  Oooh!  What does this button do?
I used to watch Powerpuff Girls and  Courage the Cowardly Dog all the time Lol

Lily

The best Disney movies came out in the 90's! Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, The Lion King, Pocahontas... The Little Mermaid came out in 1989 but I probably didn't see it 'till the 90's so I'm going to include that too.

Oh, Independence Day, anyone? My brother and I watched that so much we wore out the tape. Same with The Lion King. And Jurassic Park. We taped that one off the television. We liked to watch movies a lot, apparently...

Redwallfan7

Quote from: Lily on August 17, 2012, 01:26:38 AM
The best Disney movies came out in the 90's! Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, The Lion King, Pocahontas... The Little Mermaid came out in 1989 but I probably didn't see it 'till the 90's so I'm going to include that too.

Oh, Independence Day, anyone? My brother and I watched that so much we wore out the tape. Same with The Lion King. And Jurassic Park. We taped that one off the television. We liked to watch movies a lot, apparently...
Classic Disney! I love classic disney  even more than the Disney Channel. The titles that I like are The Fox and the Hound, The Jungle Book, 101 Dalmatians, Oliver and Company, any of the Princess ones, and I also like the very first Toy Story. Also, Don Bluth's All Dogs go to heaven is really good as well.

Flandor

Pocahontas was the first movie I saw in the theatre :)

Rainshadow

I love Aladdin!  Beauty and the Beast too!
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Lily

Quote from: Flandor on August 17, 2012, 01:31:09 AM

Pocahontas was the first movie I saw in the theatre :)
My Pocahantas barbie was my favourite barbie. I also liked the song Colours of the Wind because it mentioned otters.

Flandor

Haha I liked that song a bit too.  I used to pretend to be John Smith when I was growing up.  I'd make my little brother be Meeko the raccoon.

Redwallfan7

Quote from: Flandor on August 17, 2012, 02:17:27 AM
Haha I liked that song a bit too.  I used to pretend to be John Smith when I was growing up.  I'd make my little brother be Meeko the raccoon.
Meeko is adorable. One of my favorite scenes is when he eats all of Percy's cherries while Percy is taking a bubble bath :P Cracks me up every time.