News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Verdauga, 2024

Main Menu

Halloween Costumes

Started by Rainshadow, August 23, 2012, 10:54:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rainshadow

What have you dressed up as for Halloween?  What was your favorite costume that you found?
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Redwallfan7

I've been all of these for Halloween:

Pocahantas

A cheerleader

A ghost

High School Musical dancer

Black Cat

Minnie Mouse

Cheer Leader
Eskimo

Girl from the fifties

Girl from the eighties
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Flandor

I've been a pirate, a werewolf, a greaser, a French knight from the Hundred Years War, a Naruto Jounin, and a hockey player.
"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer

UNKN0WN

Rainshadow

Quote from: U.N.K.N.O.W.N. on August 23, 2012, 11:04:01 PM
how did this get started?

What do you mean?

And from what I remember, I've been a nerd, pirate, tooth fairy, archer, and many more that I can't remember.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Lily

We don't really do Halloween in Australia, so I never dressed up for it until I came to Japan. The local foreigners usually put on a big party every year and I've gone dressed as Jack Skellington and a pirate. I'm not really a fan of big parties, I just used it as an excuse to dress up.

I'm kind of sad I missed out on the whole trick-or-treating thing in my childhood, I've always loved dressing up.

Rainshadow

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that I'm too old to dress up, but I still do it.  I've never been trick-or-treating though.  I went to a Fun Fall Festival that was put up at my old church.  It's fun though and you get candy.  Plus it's indoors.  It can get cold in October where I live!

Something Horrifying

Quote from: Lily on August 24, 2012, 01:09:35 AM
...I've gone dressed as Jack Skellington and a pirate...
Pardon me while I choose to believe you meant both at once. Heck yes.

And Rainshadow, you're never too old to dress up.  ;D

I don't like big parties either...I just go out with my three closest friends on Halloween, to hang out and walk around in our costumes. It's my favorite holiday, and just so happens to be my birthday. Explains a lot, doesn't it?  ;)

Hmm...old costumes...off the top of my head, in the last several years I've gone as: a demon (it was a nice suit, sunglasses, and horns, lol), a gothic fairy, a "gothic bride" for lack of a better name (short black dress with a long lace train, fishnets, underbust corset, black victorian-looking heeled boots, black veil, and dark, dark red flowers wrapped into a bouquet with the material my veil was made of and tied with dark red ribbon)--I was quite proud of this one, steampunk masquerade-style outfit (I was proud of this too), and some weird military and vaguely steampunk-ish pilot (that was simple, but fun).

This year I'm trying to do my first cosplay and go as a human Spades Slick (from Homestuck):

(Building the robot arm will be tough...I really need to start working on it.)
SEPULCHRITUUUUUUUUUUU-UUUDE!

Fanfics: Blackness (complete) --- Recovery (in progress)
Art: Art Thread --- MS Paint Redwall

Redwallfan7

Oh, and I was also a Miss America girl for one year
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Lily

Quote from: Something Horrifying on August 24, 2012, 08:21:27 AM
Quote from: Lily on August 24, 2012, 01:09:35 AM
...I've gone dressed as Jack Skellington and a pirate...
Pardon me while I choose to believe you meant both at once. Heck yes.
Ha, maybe I should do that this year! I still have the Jack Skellington hat, I use it in my Halloween classes for school.

Rusvul

i have been a warrior, a snake warrior, a ninja warrior, and will scarlet (i think) from robin hood. also a warrior. noticing a trend?

W0NWILL

My latest one was Link, from Legend of Zelda, I used it as a cosplay for Gencon (gathering of geeks, like me) as well.

Skalrag of Marshank

We don't really celebrate Halloween, but I would LOVE to have a costume of Edward Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist.

The Automail arm might be a bit tricky though...
"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

Something Horrifying

Quote from: Skalrag of Marshank on August 24, 2012, 08:16:21 PM
We don't really celebrate Halloween, but I would LOVE to have a costume of Edward Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist.

The Automail arm might be a bit tricky though...
That's so funny, I'm not familiar with this series, but one of the most recommended resources for people doing my cosplay's robot arm is a tutorial for that character's arm! With minor adjustments, it's basically what I'm going to be making! Posting from my iPod right now, but later I'll see if I can find it to show you. Very cool stuff.
SEPULCHRITUUUUUUUUUUU-UUUDE!

Fanfics: Blackness (complete) --- Recovery (in progress)
Art: Art Thread --- MS Paint Redwall

Redwallfan7

I went to Spirit (a costume store) in October of 2009 and they had a large variety of costumes. I was looking to be Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz but they had ridiculously crazy prices. I wouldn't want to pay 60 dollars just for something I'm only going to wear once a year. It's not one of my absolute favorite places to be... in all honesty, some of the costumes and objects there are pretty creepy and raunchy.