News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Really sad movies

Started by Tiria Wildlough, July 04, 2011, 08:22:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin the warrior

The Odd Life of Timothy Green, is pretty sad.  Also movies where animals get hurt, make me really sad.
Apples is ripe when they are ready  
When pears is ripe they'll fall
What must happen will happen or       
it won't happen at all

To love, you must first love yourself

Maudie

I cried last time I watched Fiddler On The Roof, especially at the part where Teviah rejects Havah
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

DanielofRedwall

We're analysing the 2009 sci-fi film Moon in English class, we finished the 2nd watch through today. By the time it was done there was not a dry eye in the classroom. Brilliant film, one of my new favourites. The acting by Sam Rockwell is brilliant, the music is gorgeous, the plot is stunning... Just a fantastic film, a rare gem.

basic plot if you're interested
It is about a man named Sam (played by Sam Rockwell) who is on a base on the moon to provide Helium 3 to the Earth as a source of renewable energy. He has been up there for nearly 3 years, and is beginning to break down emotionally and physically
plot details
(there is a particularly nasty scene where he coughs out blood and then a tooth)
[close]
. Pretty much he gets in a crash on the surface and is woken up again in the infirmary. He is strictly told to not leave the base, but does so and
major plot twist if you're interested in watching the film
discovers himself still in the vehicle which crashed. When the crashed Sam wakes, the two argue over who is the real Sam and who is a clone. As it turns out,
another major plot twist
they both are clones, and there are hundreds like them waiting to be woken up. The clones are killed off every 3 years as they can no longer work after that time, and a new clone is woken up with the same memories after them.
[close]
[close]
[close]

All in all, excellent film. And directed by David Bowie's son too, so that's cool.
Received mostly negative reviews.

WoodlandWarrior

Quote from: SandyB on September 03, 2012, 01:56:53 AM
I found Grave of the Fireflies profoundly moving.

Very sad, along with Barefoot Gen.  Both choked me up. :(
"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules."  -Gary Gygax

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Martin the warrior on May 18, 2013, 07:53:39 PM
The Odd Life of Timothy Green, is pretty sad. 
I saw the trailer, but it didn't look sad. What is it about?

Life is too short to rush through it.

Tam and Martin

My saddest movie I have ever seen is The Boy in the Striped Pajamas, about the Holocaust. I read the book too and it is so sad!
- Martin

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

rachel25

Les Misarble now that's the saddest film in the world  :'(  :(  ;D I love it soooooooooo much  :)  :'( me and my sister watch it and cry every time I'm going to cry just typing about it  :'( WWWWHHHHHHAAAAAAAAA Free la france  :'(

WoodlandWarrior

Two movies that always get me are "Brother Sun, Sister Moon" which is a film about St. Francis of Assisi. And the other is "Jeremiah Johnson" which is a story about a mountain man.

Both tear me up, but they are good tears...so I guess that doesn't count...or maybe it does! :)
"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules."  -Gary Gygax

Buzz_Bumble

Quote from: Skalrag of Marshank on October 08, 2011, 03:15:18 PM
Has anyone here seen Hachi? Oh my goodness, I was crying so hard at the end! It was a really cute movie, though. Dog movies usually make me cry.

Yep, that's a sad movie. It played on TV here in New Zealand a while back, during the Christmas holidays I think. Hachi: A Dog's Tale is an American remake of the Japanese film Hachi-ko (literally "The Tale of Hachiko"). It's the story of a dog whose master dies, but the dog continues to wait for the master's train every evening ... sort of like Grey Friar's Bobby and other loyal dog stories. (Wikipeadia link)

rachel25

A film which really makes me cry is "two brothers" now if you want to cry watch that film WHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAA  :'(

Sailears

Quote from: WarriorOfMossflower on April 13, 2013, 05:37:40 AM
There's a movie called Hero, made in 2002. It was full of plot-twisters and I almost cried at the end when Nameless... I won't go on, for the sake of spoilers.
Please don't tell me I'm the only one who's seen Hero.
The Jet li film where he
Spoiler
gets executed be a thousand arrows at the end?
[close]
Yeah that is a sad film.

One which always makes me cry is Pan's Labyrinth.:(
My ears, how are you, wot!

SPSF kodachorm otter7486

remember the titans keeps me motivated to play football

Emperor Ublaz

I haven't seen many sad movies that are sad-sad, but I do lnow some that are badly-made-sad. One of the worst was Arthur and the Invisibles 2. The plot was poor, and somehow Maltazard didn't seem to be all that evil, just...misguided. Overall, a pretty sad movie if you ask me. :(
:-X
Myst is the best puzzle game EVER!!!

You can win by losing. Jesus did.

Why are you looking
So intently at the beans
While they are sleeping?
               --haiku by me

Linux is GREAT!!!

Kera Thorn Bladewind

Sad movies...hmm...I don't know. Watership Down was sort of sad...but more it made me mad because they SPOILER killed Blackavar. No one reads the book anyway when they make movies apparently. The Transformers Prime tv series had it's moments. Don't know whether it counts, but in the last episode...  :'( At least they revived Bumblebee somehow...

Redwaller

Quote from: Emperor Ublaz on September 02, 2013, 03:27:53 PM
I haven't seen many sad movies that are sad-sad, but I do lnow some that are badly-made-sad. One of the worst was Arthur and the Invisibles 2. The plot was poor, and somehow Maltazard didn't seem to be all that evil, just...misguided. Overall, a pretty sad movie if you ask me. :(
:-X
True. I hate movies that are too fast paced and badly plotted.

And it's Arthur and the Minimoys.