News:

Moderator activity in progress. Please, be patient. ~ Sincerely, The Staff

Main Menu

Magic The Gathering

Started by SandyB, September 01, 2012, 09:41:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SandyB

C'mon, get your decks out!!

Favourite creature, spell or instant cards?
What magical discipline - Fire (red), water (blue), Sun (White), etc?
What type of creature rules work best for you? (trample, flying, lifelink, etc.)
Problems in life are never resolved by distancing yourself from them. Escape is never the safest plan nor the safest place.

Flandor

I LOVE Mtg!!!

Lessee, my favorite deck I have is a wolf deck.  It centers around bringing out a lot of forests, then playing Howl of the Night Pack (for every forest in play, you gain a 2/2 wolf creature token) and then beef them up with enchantments and other things to make them stronger/unblockable/etc.  It also has a few defensive creatures (Trapdoor Kami for instance, whose defense grows as the number of forests you have does) and some cheap elves that bring out more forests (Llanowar Elves).  I love this deck and it's taken many more expensive off guard.  It wins maybe 60% percent of two player games, and many more games with three or more players because I set up a good defense and don't seem threatening until I unleash upwards of ten wolves into the game at once.

I also run a fairly effective basic white soldier deck, and a red/green Devour deck.  I used to run a green Spirit deck but I had to borrow so many cards for the more effective wolf deck that it has essentially fallen apart now.  My final deck I run is white/green and centers around the properties of Arctic Nishoba, Spirit Link, and Felidar Sovereign. 

I LOVE the new Werewolf cards they've released and am working on a werewolf deck. 

My favorite color is green, with red and white in second.  I hate blue and never play it.  I have a few black decks.
"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer

Redwallfan7

"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

SandyB

Its a trading card game whose rules are similar to the Pokemon trading card game.

Here's the wiki entry http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic:_The_Gathering

And here's the offical site http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Summoner/
Problems in life are never resolved by distancing yourself from them. Escape is never the safest plan nor the safest place.

SandyB

I've got a nice (predominately) angelic deck. With a few forest spells thrown in for good measure.

Flandor

Nice.  My standard deck is now aggro red/green wolves.  I removed most of the werewolves; I found them to be too slow.  Now it's mostly small wolf creatures buffed by Immerwolf and based around doing a huge amount of damage as quickly as possible.  I pulled a Huntmaster of the Fells from a booster, and I also have a Garruk Relentless that I got from trading my Sorin, Lord of Innistrad.  I gotta see how it does at FNM this week. 

For this weeks booster draft, I ended up drafting white flyers mostly.  I won two games out of four.  I hope to do better this week.

My legacy deck is in progress.  The decklist right now reads something like this:

CREATURES:

x4 Sakura Tribe Scout
x4 Traproot Kami
x1 Azusa, Lost but Seeking
x3 Oracle of Mul Daya
x2 Master of the Wild Hunt

INSTANTS/SORCERIES/ENCHANTMENTS

x4 Nature's Lore
x2 Wrap in Vigor
x2 Parallel Lives
x2 Feed the Pack
x4 Howl of the Night Pack
x2 Rites of Flourishing

LAND:

x22 Forests

It usually performs very well at Legacy nights. 
"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer

Blaggut

Magic the gathering topic! What color(s) do you like? What cards do you like/want? How long have you been playing?

P.s: I've never played but my collection is huge!
~Just a soft space boi~

Dawnwing

I have been playing for one day!  I just learned last night.   ;D   I played with a green/red deck that contained a lot of hydras, and I liked it.  I'm thinking of getting my own deck - I know there's starter decks you can buy for like $15 - but I'm not sure what to get yet.  I know they just came out with an expansion/deck/whatever called Theros, but I'm not a big fan of the zombie theme.

Blaggut

Cool! I prefer a HuGE deck, the normal is 30 or fifteen cards, but I use at least 80. My mana is green, red, and blue.
~Just a soft space boi~

Rusvul

I have not played Magic, but I have some friends who do, and I'm kinda interested. I have seen videos of a game called Hearthstone, which is kinda like Magic but more simplified. Could someone explain a little more in depth the premises of Magic?

Dawnwing

Basically you try to defeat the other person by attacking them.  You put "land" cards on the table during each turn, and in each turn you can "tap" the land cards you currently have on the table in order to use spell or item cards and summon creature cards and so on (for example, each creature has a cost to send it out - like one Forest card, for example - but then some let you increase its overall health by using extra land cards when you send it out). You use these creatures to attack the other player and defend yourself from their attacks. 

There's so many different strategies and so many different variables that can come into play (for example, the creatures can have different abilities - if they are "flying" they can only be brought down by cards that can hurt flying creatures; if they have "haste" they attack first; if they have "intimidate" you can't defend an attack from them unless you have a card that can't be intimidated; some let you increase their health even after sending them out,  etc).  It's really interesting and I'm looking forward to learning more about it.  I shall probably play some more of it tonight, and I have a friend who said he's got a bunch of old cards he wants to sell for cheap, so I'm pretty excited for it. :D

Rusvul

Hearthstone is very much like that, except you automatically gain a Mana Crystal every turn, instead of using Lands, and it is in general less complicated. What would you say Magic would be rated? If it even is?

Blaggut

13 up I believe, but it's not bad at all really, exept for some of the dark mana cards. I've been collecting since I was 8 or 9, but I bought my first one when I was five, but had NO idea what the were, so I threw them into my toy door.
~Just a soft space boi~

Blaggut

I created this topic, but it says sandyB did. And it's above instead of below. What's going on???
~Just a soft space boi~

Redwaller

Because there was already a topic like this, and yours was merged with the older one.  ;)