News:

Moderator activity in progress. Please, be patient. ~ Sincerely, The Staff

Main Menu

The most random thread ever!!!

Started by Icefire, July 04, 2011, 04:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Daskar

Quote from: Cornflower MM on July 12, 2016, 10:57:29 PM
Guys, James obviously doesn't wanna tell. ::) I'm sure we'll find out, even if he doesn't get the whatever it is approved.
In what world would that stop us?

Quote from: James Gryphon on July 12, 2016, 11:05:14 PM
Ah.

I guess you could say it's not unrelated to ease of access.
Are we moving? Should I pack my bags?
When work gets overwhelming, remember that you are going to die. -A Coffee Cup

Be silent, or let thy words be more than silence.

Cheerful
Main Entry:   cheer·ful
Function: Adjective.
1 a : full of good spirits <a cheerful outlook> <cheerful obedience>

Ares saves not the brave man but the coward.

Hickory

WE'RE GONNA KILL HIM!

HOW ARE WE GONNA SEND SERGEANT JOHNSON OUT?
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Eulaliaaa!

HE'S GONNA GO OUT... WITH A BANG!
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Hickory

CORRECT!

I'm out of questions.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Lord Daskar

When work gets overwhelming, remember that you are going to die. -A Coffee Cup

Be silent, or let thy words be more than silence.

Cheerful
Main Entry:   cheer·ful
Function: Adjective.
1 a : full of good spirits <a cheerful outlook> <cheerful obedience>

Ares saves not the brave man but the coward.

Jetthebinturong

I'm in the mood so now it's time for: Jet critiques Homestuck track art PART DEUX (did anyone even read the last one?). In which a teenager with literally no qualifications or experience with art says what he thinks about art.

Part 2: The Midnight Crew: Drawing Dead
Album Cover

[close]
I don't know why, but I kinda love this. It's pretty good at showing you what to expect; it's very "evil jazz" and it even shows you what instruments each character plays (Spades Slick on piano, Diamonds Droog on sax, Hearts Boxcars on bass and Clubs Deuce on oboe).

Three in the Morning

[close]
Never was there a classier dame with a classier theme tune than the lady Snowman. She looks great in the track art, and it doesn't have anything else to focus on.

Blue Noir

[close]
This one is kinda dull to me. I mean, showing Droog playing Pool (or Table Stickball if you prefer) is a pretty good representation of him, but I feel like there could have been a better angle.

Dead Shuffle

[close]
It's a pretty cool image but honestly it doesn't fit the song at all. The yellow moon on the purple background would work better and give it more of a link to the comic.

Hearts Flush

[close]
WAY too much going on. It doesn't even have Boxcars in it except through the radio.

Knives and Ivory

[close]
Blech. Too busy, no focus and it looks pretty stupid to boot. All in all, not great.

Liquid Negrocity

[close]
Now that's more like it! It shows the Midnight Crew being threatening and awesome and it has a cool angle. The Professor Wasp time clones detract from it a bit. It would be better if they were just random splotches of ink/shadow.

Hollow Suit

[close]
Meh. Too boring. Not to mention the Cairo Overcoat is SO garish.

Ante Matter

[close]
It looks really incomplete without the full hitlist. At least their portraits look alright.

The Ballad of Jack Noir

[close]
I guess it's a good representation of Slick but again it's just so boring.

Lunar Eclipse

[close]
There we go. I mean, I'm not sure what it's got to do with the title - maybe it's Doze's theme - but at least it's interesting.

Hauntjam

[close]
I guess it's kind of interesting? Meh.

Carbon Nadsat/Cuestick Genius

[close]
There we go! That is the cover for Droog theme! He looks menacing and awesome - like he's about to whack someone around with his cuestick.

Ace of Trump

[close]
Meh. Meh. Meh.

Moonshine

[close]
Now that one's cool, regardless of the scientific consequences of having a moon so close to the planet. The image of the moon rising up over the Felt manor is very aesthetically pleasing.

Tall, Dark and Loathsome

[close]
Very appropriate! And very menacing too. A+ cover.

Joker's Wild

[close]
Still rather dull.

Livin' It Up

[close]
Now that's a pretty cool close-up. Don't know what it has to do with the song, but at least it's not boring.

Hauntjelly

[close]
I like that it parallels the 'Hauntjam' art and I guess it's alright looking.

"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Cornflower MM

@Jet the binturong: I read a little of the last one, but didn't want spoilers in any way, shape, or form.

Jetthebinturong

Delthion

Why is Bing Crosby in Knives and Ivory? ;D
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Cornflower MM

I really should start reading again. . . . . After the reunion after camp.

Does anyone else have dents in their skull from getting doors slammed into their head, or is it just me?

Delthion

I used to have a scar where I tripped or slid and fell on the bottom drawer of an oven! ;D And I might have a dent when I fainted and fell backwards and hit a bookshelf, which needed a staple in it. But no...not from having doors slammed on it! ;D
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Cornflower MM

Well then. I feel a little better now. :P

Delthion

Rosie Willowwater

I had a fight with a seat when I was younger and got a scratch on my eyebrow. I call it my 'battle scar'  :P

Jetthebinturong

Quote from: Delthion on July 13, 2016, 09:31:50 PM
Why is Bing Crosby in Knives and Ivory? ;D

That's Spades Slick's Crosbytop - a laptop in the shape of Bing Crosby. How he got it is a whole story in and of itself, but he decided to keep it for the novelty value of having a laptop depicting an unknown alien creature.