News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

The most random thread ever!!!

Started by Icefire, July 04, 2011, 04:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hickory

Listening to the Halo 2 OST.

@Jet the binturong: On the magical locations thing:

North America: There's an island on the East Coast of the U.S. that's a mass grave for the homeless of New York City. It's probably too dark as well, but a suggestion.

Europe: Hotel in the Alps is always a cool idea.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Lady Ashenwyte

@Jet the binturong The first four ones are Clary, Jace, Isabelle, and Alec in that order.

The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Jetthebinturong

@Lord Ashenwyte Well if you meant from left to right, no. The first two are Clary and Jace though.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Hickory

Jet, I put two more suggestions at the bottom of the previous page.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Jetthebinturong

Hotel in the Alps is too modern. Man-made structures need to be ancient to have any realistic mystical value.

The homeless island is an interesting one though.

Anyway I just rewatched the first episode of AtLA season 3 and I'm ashamed of myself for not getting the parallel between Katara's and Zuko's fathers, especially when the scene transitions were so blatant. On the one hand you have Hakoda who had to leave the children he genuinely loved apologising for his absence. And on the other you have Ozai, the man who scarred and banished his son from his country for not living up to his expectations welcoming him back because he's finally "proven" himself.

Also I really love the way this show handles child abuse in such a realistic manner. Not just with Zuko, but also with Azula, Mai and Ty Lee. And maybe even Aang, to a lesser extent.

Søren

I'm retired from the forum

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Lord Daskar

When work gets overwhelming, remember that you are going to die. -A Coffee Cup

Be silent, or let thy words be more than silence.

Cheerful
Main Entry:   cheer·ful
Function: Adjective.
1 a : full of good spirits <a cheerful outlook> <cheerful obedience>

Ares saves not the brave man but the coward.

Søren

I'm retired from the forum

LT Sandpaw

I just watched a very interesting video which determined that Great Britain was the number one most evil Empire to exist. More evil, apparently, then other regimes such as the Soviet Union, the Mongol Empire, and the German Third Reich.

Here's the video for those interested.

Spoiler
[close]

So I know this video is made according to the opinions of its creators, but still they use real statistics. I don't want to start an argument or anything, but I'm genuinely curious to know what the Brits that frequent this website think about that.

Personally I never saw Great Britain as an "Evil Empire," per say. More like a powerhouse flexing its muscles and staking its claim. But what do ya'll think?

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Jetthebinturong

Oh we were definitely terrible. I don't know if we were the worst but we were certainly close to it.

The Skarzs

All power has its temptation to abuse it.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.