News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

The most random thread ever!!!

Started by Icefire, July 04, 2011, 04:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cornflower MM

Jetthebinturong

I now cannot open the latest page of the Art Contest thread at all.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Aimless Gallivanter

im gay!!!!!!

James Gryphon

« Subject to editing »

James Gryphon

Here's an old post I made for OO that I dug up. If I remember right, it was written as a first post for the first phase of Overlord's Orders IX, but somebody posted before I did, making it obsolete and unusable. Enjoy.

"As soon as we left your Majesty's presence, Tagg said that we should get rid of Daniel's bioscanner, to keep it from doing any damage while we helped fix the power outages. Daniel seemed a little upset about this, but he cheered up when I promised I'd get him a newer, less problematic one. Cornflower said that she knew nothing about power and begged us to let her get rid of the bioscanner, so we let her take it and continued down to the third deck."

"We reported in to the chief engineer as soon as we got there. He said that there were three things that we could do to help: the fuses needed to be changed, the energizer cords needed to be recharged, and the power control computer needed to be configured to support the new hardware. Tagg and Tam went to recharge the cords, Daniel went to change the fuses, and I started to reconfigure the computer."

"I was thrilled to learn that the computer ran NGOS 2.1, and started to work. I was engrossed in my task, when I heard a loud, strange noise, followed by screaming. I turned to see a massive wave of water sweeping down the hall! I dashed over to the door to try to close it, and at least protect the control computer, but at that moment, Tam came flying into the room and ran into me. We slid across the floor, just narrowly avoiding the computer terminal, and hit the wall. I tried to get up, but it was too late. The water rushed into the room. Within moments it was four feet high, and the computer equipment was drenched."

"Since there didn't seem to be any use in staying at my now-ruined station, I went out to see how this had happened. I talked to the engineer to get an explanation, since Tam and Tagg (who were nearby) both refused to tell me anything about it. Apparently, the drink machine in the R&R center had malfunctioned. The thing that was supposed to monitor how much liquid was released at once had been broken — or, I should say, it disappeared completely, as they couldn't find any trace of it when they opened the machine up to figure out what happened. (For the record, Daniel looked at it and said that it had probably been vaporized, just like the chest.) Anyway, with this vital part of the machine gone, it began dumping all of the water supply in the ship out at a rate of 10 gallons per second."

"Since I wasn't actually there, and nobody said anything when I asked them about it, I can only speculate that the water seepage caused most of the damage. There was an additional incident, though, that might have also had an impact on this."

"When Cornflower showed up, she was carrying a basket, which was covered with a blanket. I asked her what she had, and she said, "Don't bother them, they're sleeping." Against her protests, I took the blanket off, and what I saw was indescribably horrible. There was no less than eight bioscanners just like the one that she was supposed to have gotten rid of in the basket! I pleaded with her to explain why and how she had gotten more of them, when she was supposed to have gotten rid of the one we had, but she just said "You stupid boy" and slapped me. When I tried to take the basket away from her, she threatened me with a laser gun, so I decided to leave her alone and let you deal with her yourself."

"I cannot explain why Tam and Tagg were both so secretive about this event, or why Cornflower seemed inclined to multiply our problem instead of reducing it. I just wanted it to be known that this latest disaster was in no way my fault."
« Subject to editing »

Jetthebinturong

What was Linkin Park doing making an album with someone as lyrically bankrupt as Jay-Z? All of these songs are terrible.

I respect rap in theory but rapping about how good you are at rap is completely bloody stupid, not to mention conceited and narcissistic. No one cares about what you think about your rapping skills, they want to hear songs with meaning.

Banya

Lord Daskar

When work gets overwhelming, remember that you are going to die. -A Coffee Cup

Be silent, or let thy words be more than silence.

Cheerful
Main Entry:   cheer·ful
Function: Adjective.
1 a : full of good spirits <a cheerful outlook> <cheerful obedience>

Ares saves not the brave man but the coward.

Banya

I'll agree with that. But if you have to put it in one category or the other?

Rosie Willowwater

Rusvul

Quote from: Jet the binturong on September 02, 2016, 07:52:22 PM
What was Linkin Park doing making an album with someone as lyrically bankrupt as Jay-Z? All of these songs are terrible.

I respect rap in theory but rapping about how good you are at rap is completely bloody stupid, not to mention conceited and narcissistic. No one cares about what you think about your rapping skills, they want to hear songs with meaning.

I don't think rap is usually about the content of the lyrics. The focus is generally more on the beat and the sound of the rapping.

Snow cones are neither drinks nor food- they're a specific, rather unique dessert. That's like asking whether Redwall is high fantasy or dark fantasy- it's sort of like both, but it isn't really either.

Banya

I'm leaning toward believing snow cones are food, in the same category as popsicles.

Jetthebinturong

What's Dark Fantasy? Never heard that one before. I'm guessing it's Fantasy with dark content?

James Gryphon

Hey guys, big news about the old forum!
Spoiler
It's still down.
[close]
« Subject to editing »

Jetthebinturong

Quote from: James Gryphon on September 02, 2016, 11:05:30 PM