News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

The most random thread ever!!!

Started by Icefire, July 04, 2011, 04:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Groddil

@Fatch of Southsward:

I never even knew who Jasper was anyway (he probably wasn't active at the same time I was), so you're my favorite of the two.

Søren

NO. WAY. JASPER IS YOUR BROTHER?! Wow!
He didn't start the craze, but he pretty much drive a gas trunk into the fire it was.
Gather round kids, it's retro-forum story time.
At the time, there was only the SFC. It's had about 300 pages or so, and was started by Bonaparte (known on the other forum as Blaggut). Well, Jasper comes up with this idea for a matching topic, called "Matches Made in Heaven". Delka and Ambren were among those started by him, he who mashed two members he thought would be a good fit. Rainhound and Skarloe were also featured, but they started themselves in the original SFC.
MMIH started shipping on a wide scale on the forum.

And they all lived happily ever after.

I'm retired from the forum

Aimless Gallivanter

im gay!!!!!!

Lady Ashenwyte

You're bringin' back memories. I miss the Redwall Abbey Forum.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

James Gryphon

@Fatch of Southsward: Jasper was one of my favorite members, as you might've been able to tell looking at my posts, so it's good to know that he lives on here in some form. I can definitely see the resemblance between y'all; intelligence, perception and articulation seem to run in your family. :)
« Subject to editing »

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

@Fatch of Southsward: Is he really? That's cool! Like Sor said, he really fanned the flames of ships. . . . . But I can't say he was my favorite person. (I hold grudges. Don't insult my RPing skills. Ever. That enough info for you?) In all honesty I think you're more fun than he was! (Can I PM you later? No? Too bad)

Fatch of Southsward

Thanks Peony.  :D Sure, you can always PM me!

Haha, well I must say what I'm really sad about is that I never got to read or see that stuff. Everything from the old forum seems to have been wiped out - even the archives.

I particularly like the illustration of driving a gas truck into the fire Soren.  :) I'll let him know about that as well.  ;D That stuff sounds crazy! He's always doing rediculous but good natured things like that when he's at home. He found out about my third brother's girlfriend (which he had kept secret from Mom!  :P ) and kept hinting at it and messing with him at dinner all summer. It was great! Ahhh good times.

When she came over to eat at the end of summer, he tried to set out candles, and tried to take their order!

Anyways, all this to say, I'm not too surprised.

Also, @James Gryphon - I appreciate that, and I've no doubt he will to! I'll get some sort of response back to you!  ;D
~ The best way to pay for a happy moment is to enjoy it ~

Banya

That's hilarious and so like a sibling.

Delthion

Quote from: Fatch of Southsward on September 07, 2016, 04:29:46 AM
Quote from: James Gryphon on September 07, 2016, 12:24:31 AM
There were a couple of ships that were around before that, like Skarloe and Rainhound. It might be the first one that really got going because of the shipping craze, though.

I've kept this a secret mainly because I wanted to develop my own personality and place in this forum, but I'm fairly certain my younger brother started that craze. (And Delka)

I never used the forum until after its death and resurrection, so I didn't know what he had done, and couldn't go back in the history books to check. We're at different colleges now, so I don't really ask him about what he used to post on here. I just vaguely knew that he used it in the past. I honestly didn't even know his username. (We both keep internet out of real life. Honestly I'm too insecure to want to have something like this associated with me - which is why I don't post pictures of myself. I just would be embarrassed, for some stupid reason...)

Anyways, awhile ago I saw his name in the awards, so that tipped me off - and he was mentioned a few times as the person that came up with Delka...? I think...?

Whatever the case, I think I'll let him know he won an award / let him know his ship is so well supported (if it is actually his?) because I know he'll appreciate it after how long it's probably been. I didn't mention it to him or you before because he's busy being smart, an intern, an athlete and popular... (I'm a little jelly)

Anyways, if you haven't guessed, he is Jasper.

Again, sorry I never mentioned this before. Jasper is more fun to be around than me most of the time, and I didn't want to set high expectations.  :P

YOU ARE THE BROTHER OF THAT MOST BLESSED MEMBER WHO DEVELOPED MATCHES MADE IN HEAVEN??!!!! Allow me to shake your hand. ;D
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Rainshadow

Not to break from the current topic, as it's really cool to have secret siblings on the forum (;D), but I just gotta say that I'm really excited because we're heading to the airport now for our flight back home that leaves in a few hours.  I enjoyed the trip to Universal and Didney Worl, but I really miss home and I can't wait to get back to Washington and its cool weather.  Also, I really wanna hug my dog and bury my face in her neck floof.  I miss Abby so much.  Like, enough that whenever I saw a service dog in any of the parks we went to, I'd gasp and kinda squeal a little bit because "oooh, look at that dog, it's so cute!", and I'm not even a dog person!  :P

But the thing I miss the most is my own bed.  As cool as it was to sleep in a queen-sized bed, I had to share it with my blanket-stealing sister for two weeks, and I was in the same room as my dad, who could wake the dead with his snoring.  Over the past two weeks, I've only gotten two full nights of sleep.  The rest of the time I woke up at least once per night due to my father's snoring.  I can't wait to sleep in my own bed.  ;v;

So, yeah, I can't wait to get home.  I'm done with being in Florida; give me back my beautiful evergreen state.  And my dog.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Maudie

I HAVE DISCOVERED THE SECRET TO SURVIVING HIGH SCHOOL!!

Wear sweats, but skinny sweats so they look halfway decent. Oh, and the athletic kind, not the lounging kind. That way you're comfortable but don't feel like you've been wearing pajamas all day. ;)
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Hickory

I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Groddil

Quote from: Sagetip on September 07, 2016, 11:54:43 PM
What about us boys?

We sit in the corner suffering from an existential crisis and wondering why we went to the worse of the two high schools.

I actually have no idea.

LT Sandpaw

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro