News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

The most random thread ever!!!

Started by Icefire, July 04, 2011, 04:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cornflower MM

Quote from: Kitsune on September 14, 2016, 02:07:29 AM
On a somewhat similar note, I've considered vlogging. The only thing is, I would have to make it completely anonymous (not revealing places or names) due to my parents' requests. Should I go to the trouble?

If I do go to the trouble though, I have no problem sharing the videos since it will be anonymous. ;)

DOOOO ITTTTTT!

(You know something weird? I am all for telling y'all to do things like making videos when I can't or won't do them myself. :P I'm such a stalker. :P)

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

LT Sandpaw

Yeah, if you're going to do Youtube videos don't do vlogs. That's just my personal opinion though, I dislike vlogs. Some people like them I guess... ;)

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Søren

...I love Dan and Phil...
And cars. ;)
@Kitsune Yes!! Do it!

I'm retired from the forum

Jetthebinturong

Dan and Phil are great. They're great together anyway. And Dan's great. I don't watch much of Phil's solo stuff.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Banya

Dan and Phil :D :D

I can't listen to vlogs, but I would follow a friend's channel. Skarzs' blacksmithing stuff is great because it's not just his talking (though that's fine and necessary); his videos are full of interesting and informative things to watch. I just can't listen to a rando talking my ears off with their opinions.
Out of curiosity,
@Jet the binturong did you create a youtube channel about book reviews like you had thought about doing at one point? (or did I get that wrong?)

Søren

Jetthebinturong

@Banya: Yes I did. You can type in JonesTomes to the forum search bar and you'll probably find a link. I've only got one video up though. I need to get round to filming my Cinder review. And rereading Skulduggery Pleasant books one and two and ACTUALLY TAKING NOTES THIS TIME.

The Skarzs

I don't mind hearing updates about a person's life while they're doing something (might do it some time), it's just that when they film their life, like a lot of vlogging channels, it's almost like an intrusion into their life and is rather uncomfortable. Of course, it's their decision to film it for the world to see, I'm just presenting my views.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Banya

@Skarzs I didn't quite mean it to sound like being talked to is a bother. I'd like to hear updates from you, Kit, and other people I care about. But once on another site someone I had just met asked me to watch a 10-minute vlog, this one of him spouting their opinions on what they find offensive. I did it to be nice and gave truthful feedback, but I told him I wouldn't do it again because his topics weren't those that concerned me. Truthfully, I found his ranting arrogant and while I didn't dislike the guy, we just weren't going to become friends. But that doesn't go for everyone who makes videos about their lives.

@Jet the binturong Great! I know these titles from the years I worked in my public library and was in charge of the YA section, I just had too long of a list to get to them. I've enjoyed reading your book reviews in the past. Do you warn for plot/character development spoilers?

Jetthebinturong

Quote from: Banya on September 14, 2016, 09:51:41 PM
@Jet the binturong Great! I know these titles from the years I worked in my public library and was in charge of the YA section, I just had too long of a list to get to them. I've enjoyed reading your book reviews in the past. Do you warn for plot/character development spoilers?
Basically if you're talking about reviews then I'll have a section of the video dedicated to a non-spoilery review with an overview of the story and characters and a rating, then I'll have a full-spoiler section which will be referred to as such. In other videos, I will definitely warn for spoilers. There are no spoilers in the video I have up at the moment.

Spoilers are one of the things I hate the most.

Aimless Gallivanter

I've always wanted to make unboxing videos on youtube, getting all those subscription boxes and doing reviews on them. I get some boxes occasionally but not enough to make a full unboxing channel
im gay!!!!!!

Hickory

Corridor did a video about invoking the Ark of the Covenant.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Søren

Dan's new video is the best he's had in a while.