News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Dragon Cave!

Started by Dannflor, September 05, 2012, 07:42:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redwallfan7

so, what do you feed the dragons when they hatch?
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Dannflower Reguba

"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Tiria Wildlough

They're cool. I wish I could get one, but the site says I'm too young. Oh well. :P
Hey, Dann, your dragon grew up! :)
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Dawnwing

Quote from: W0NWILL on September 09, 2012, 12:44:55 AM
They're taking over the forums! Doh well.
Heheh I started a fad! (I posted some of my dragons on the "mythical creatures" thread)

You guys might want to change your settings on DragCave so it'll show your username on your dragons' pages - then when someone clicks your name, they can view your entire list of dragons you own.  ;)

And here's something interesting for you new members - did you know that certain breeds have a special ability?

Magi dragons have possibly the most useful ability: they enable you to trade with, or send an egg to, another user.  (Without one you can only accept gifts, not send any or participate in mutual trades).  I will be willing to gift you guys each a Magi if you want 'cause they're so important and they're usually pretty easy to breed.

Shallow-water dragons have the breed-specific action Splash.  It's a reference to the Pokemon games: when you use it, it'll say "DRAGON used SPLASH! But nothing happened!"  But after you use it about 100 times or so, it'll put a little Magikarp badge at the top of your scroll (dragon page).

Pink dragons have another really useful ability: a Pink dragon can influence an egg to be the same gender.  

Green dragons have the Earthquake ability.  When you use it, some of your eggs may hatch instantly.... and some of them might die instantly.  

Ice, Magma, and Thunder dragons are considered rare breeds.  When you have one of each breed, they have the Summon action, which has a small chance of summoning a very rare dragon (you can only get 2 of that type of dragon and they can't be traded).  This is also a reference to Pokemon: in the second movie, a Pokemon collector was trying to capture Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres in order to summon Lugia.

Purple dragons have an action called Fertility, which allows them to make one other dragon more likely to have an egg next time you breed it.

Red dragons, being a warm/fire-themed breed, have the ability Incubate, which takes off 1 day's time for the egg to grow up. (Say you use it on a new egg; instead of saying 7 days left it'll say 6 days left.) If you have enough views, this means it'll be able to hatch a day earlier than it otherwise would have, since it'll get to the "4 days left" mark sooner.

Like I said, I'll be willing to breed pretty much anything if anyone asks; you can click on my egg, and then my username on the egg's page, to see all my dragons.  Probably not the place to look if you want adult dragons to be a surprise though. ;)  (Or once you think you've found every type you can on your own, I can surprise you with something you don't have yet!)

Redwaller

Wow! Your dragons are so cool! So eager for my eggs to hatch!

I have a few questions:

When does an egg hatch?

Can you have more than four eggs at a time?

And please look at my list and click on the egg I couldn't put in my siggie, thank you!

Dawnwing

^ Some time between 4 days left and 0 days left, depending on the number of views and the individual egg.
For now you can only have 4 eggs at a time (and any number of hatchlings.... sorta.  There is a hatchling limit but it's hard to reach; you'd have to use Incubate on all your eggs and have them hatch right away)).  Once you get 50 dragons (adults and frozen hatchlings, growing dragons don't count), you'll get a bronze badge on the top of your user page and you'll be able to have 5 eggs at a time.  Same with silver (200) and gold (500), so eventually the most you'll be able to have is 7.

I clicked your other egg. ;)

Lutra

If a staff member has already mentioned this, I apologize in advance.

Be forewarned if these dragon things "grow" too large and violate the signature guidelines of the forum, you will be asked to remove them.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Redwaller

Quote from: Dawnwing on September 09, 2012, 01:46:57 PM
^ Some time between 4 days left and 0 days left, depending on the number of views and the individual egg.
For now you can only have 4 eggs at a time (and any number of hatchlings.... sorta.  There is a hatchling limit but it's hard to reach; you'd have to use Incubate on all your eggs and have them hatch right away)).  Once you get 50 dragons (adults and frozen hatchlings, growing dragons don't count), you'll get a bronze badge on the top of your user page and you'll be able to have 5 eggs at a time.  Same with silver (200) and gold (500), so eventually the most you'll be able to have is 7.

I clicked your other egg. ;)
Thanks for answering my questions! And clicking on my egg!

Dawnwing

Quote from: Lutra on September 09, 2012, 03:10:42 PM
If a staff member has already mentioned this, I apologize in advance.

Be forewarned if these dragon things "grow" too large and violate the signature guidelines of the forum, you will be asked to remove them.
Don't worry, they don't get any bigger than Dannflor's grown-up one and the ones I posted above.  We can fit three in a signature, so maybe if three grown-up ones were each on their own row then that'd be getting tall, but it's definitely not bad if they're all in one line.

Taggerung_of_Redwall

The grown-up dragons are already too big; hatchlings and eggs acceptably fit the required size limit.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Matthias720

If you want to keep the grown-up dragons in your signature, please place them in spoiler tags. Thank you.

Dawnwing

Ah, okay, thanks for letting us know then. I didn't realize the limit was so short. ^^

SpiderMonkey

Alright, finally received the email. :D

Edit: I'd like one of those "Magi" dragons, do you think you could get one for me Dawnwing?

Dawnwing

^ Just sent you a PM with a gift link.

Once your egg is a hatchling or an adult, you can name them, but note that if it says something like "The ink fades as you write", that means the name is already taken - every dragon on the site must have a unique name.  I name a lot of mine based on their appearance, or else each dragon has a unique 5-digit code (you'll see it in the URL at the top of their page), so often I'll come up with a name based on that code.  For example, klfA became "Kilfaria", DRNUK became "Almost Drunk", "mATT" became "Matt the Dinosaur", MwF1 is "Mwafi", etc.

SpiderMonkey

Got both of mine in my sig.  :)  Is there any downside to having the max amount of eggs at a time?