News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Favorite Quotes

Started by Rainshadow, September 14, 2012, 11:59:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarky Thistlebrush

'Anybody wanna peanut?' -The Princess Bride
The following is a list of things to bring on holiday:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
42 ~ Seb's Humility ~ Seb's toothbrush ~ Seb's soul ~ Half a Plane ~ Your Toothbrush ~ A creeping anxiety every time you look at your toothbrush ~ Pure Terror every time you look at your toothbrush ~ Death every time you look at your toothbrush

I had to move everything off the list but the bare essentials to make way for this:

shisteer of nothing much

"That Vizzini, he can fuss!"
"Fuss, fuss. I think he'd like to scream at us."
"He certainly means no harm."
"He's very, very short on charm!"
"You have a great gift for rhyme."
"Yes, yes. Some of the time."
"Enough of that!"
"Fezzik, are there rocks ahead?"
"If there are, we all be dead!"
"No more rhymes now, I mean it!"
"Anybody want a peanut?"
"Ugh!"
-The Princess Bride.
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

Jarky Thistlebrush

"Inconceivable!"
"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." -The Princess Bride
42 ~ Seb's Humility ~ Seb's toothbrush ~ Seb's soul ~ Half a Plane ~ Your Toothbrush ~ A creeping anxiety every time you look at your toothbrush ~ Pure Terror every time you look at your toothbrush ~ Death every time you look at your toothbrush

I had to move everything off the list but the bare essentials to make way for this:

shisteer of nothing much

"Is there any way you can trust me?"
"Nothing comes to mind."
-The Princess Bride

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Hickory

"Now, I know why I'm here today. Let's talk about why you are here today. You are all here because of what you think of me. You think I am weak. You think I am a naïve child. You think my concerns about the collapse of the Flow streams stand in the way of your businesses and your own plans for power. You think because I claim visions I am unstable, or delusional, or cynical. You think because I am an accidental emperox that I should not be emperox at all. You think these things, some or all of them. And because you think them, you conspired to cast me aside. To raise my cousin Jasin in my place. To carry on the status quo as long as the Flow streams allowed, and to leave others to worry about what happens next. Well, my friends, last night, I had a vision. A new vision. And in that vision, I saw all your plans. I saw all your schemes. I saw all your frauds, and your cheats, your secret affairs and your secret bank accounts. I saw every one of you as you are, not how you present yourself. And in that vision, I saw you here, in front of me. Humbled. As you are, right now. Tell me, you who could be the very best the Interdependency has to offer, yet choose not to be: Who now is weak? Who has been naïve? Who is cynical? And who is the emperox here? You have doubted me. Doubt me no longer. You have come to destroy me. I am not destroyed. You have come to burn me. I am the consuming fire. You will feel what it is to burn. That was my vision, and my prophecy. And now it is yours."

–Emperox Grayland II. From The Consuming Fire
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

shisteer of nothing much

"No, to the pain!" -The Princess Bride

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Jarky Thistlebrush

"We'll never survive!"
"Nonsense. You're only saying that because no one ever has." -The Princess Bride

shisteer of nothing much

"It's not that bad... Well, I'm not saying I'd build a summer home here but the trees are actually quite lovely." -The Princess Bride

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Jarky Thistlebrush

"You seem a decent fellow. I hate to kill you."
"You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die." -The Princess Bride

shisteer of nothing much

"Who are you?"
"No one of consequence."
"I must know."
"Get used to disappointment."
-The Princess Bride

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Jarky Thistlebrush

"My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die!" -The Princess Bride

shisteer of nothing much

"I would not say such things if I were you!" -The Princess Bride

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Verdauga

Aaaaaaallllllllllllll rrrrrrriiiiiigggggghhhhhhtttttt,,,,, time to break up this princess-bride quote-along.

There is no surer way to obtain peace then to be fully prepared to meet the enemy.-- George Washington (slightly paraphrased.)
Killing the mood since 2019

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

Thanquol

Albert: "You're not allowed to do that."

Death: "The Hogfather can. The Hogfather gives presents. There's no better present than a future."

shisteer of nothing much

Quote from: Verdauga on October 03, 2019, 12:23:21 AM
Aaaaaaallllllllllllll rrrrrrriiiiiigggggghhhhhhtttttt,,,,, time to break up this princess-bride quote-along.

There is no surer way to obtain peace then to be fully prepared to meet the enemy.-- George Washington (slightly paraphrased.)
Why would you do that? *crosses arms grumpily and prepares to throw a full blown tantrum*
Actually, I just thought of a really cool quote.

"Strangers are just friends we haven't met yet." -Anne of Green Gables (Our family lives by this quote)

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!