News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Favorite Quotes

Started by Rainshadow, September 14, 2012, 11:59:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corporal Rubbadub

Aragorn: Gentlemen, we do not stop till nightfall.
Pippin: What about breakfast?
Aragorn: You've already had it.
Pippin: We've had one, yes. What about second breakfast?
Merry: I don't think he knows about second breakfast, Pip.
Pippin: What about elevenses? Luncheon? Afternoon tea? Dinner? Supper? He knows about them, doesn't he?
Merry: I wouldn't count on it.

Sebias of Redwall

Théoden: "The horn of Helm Hammerhand shall sound in the deep. One last time."
~~~
Pippin: "Anyways, you need people of intelligence on this sort of... mission... quest... thing."
Merry: "Well, that rules you out, Pip."
~~~
Merry: "The fires of Isengard will spread, and the forests of Tuckborough and Buckland will burn. And all that was once great and good in this world will be gone. There won't be a Shire, Pippin."
~~~

Frodo Baggins: "I can not do this, Sam."
Samwise Gamgee: "I know. It's all wrong. By rights we should not even be here. But we are. It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger, they were. And sometimes you did not want to know the end. Because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was so much bad had happened? But in the end, it's only a passing thing. This shadow, even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stayed with you. That meant something, even if you were too small to understand why. But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back, only they did not. They kept going. Because they were holding on to something."
Frodo Baggins: "What are we holding on to, Sam?"
Samwise Gamgee: "That there's some good in this world, Mr. Frodo ... and it's worth fighting for."

"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Corporal Rubbadub

Merry: "It's good. Definately from the Shire."

Merry: "Longbottom Leaf, eh?"

Pippin: "I feel like I'm back at the Green Dragon..."

Merry: "Hmm, Green Dragon."
Pippin: "A mug of ale in my hand, putting my feet up on a settle after a hard day's work."

Merry: "Only, you've never done a hard day's work."

[The riders appear, and approach the crumbled gates encircling Isengard.]

[The Hobbits spot the riders.]
Merry: "Welcome, my Lords... to Isengard!"

Gimli: "You young rascals! A merry chase you've led us on, and now we find you feasting and... and smoking!"

Pippin  "We are sitting on the field of victory, enjoying a few well-earned comforts. The salted pork is particularly good

Gimli: "Salted pork?"

Gandalf- *impatiently* hobbits

Sebias of Redwall

Frodo: ″'I am glad that you are here with me,' said Frodo. 'Here at the end of all things, Sam.'"
~~~
Aragorn: "Hold your ground, hold your ground! Sons of Gondor, of Rohan, my brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you *stand, Men of the West!"
~~~
Gimli: Never thought I'd die fighting side by side with an Elf.
Legolas: What about side by side with a friend?
Gimli: Aye. I could do that.
~~~
Sam: Do you remember the Shire, Mr. Frodo? It'll be spring soon. And the orchards will be in blossom. And the birds will be nesting in the hazel thicket. And they'll be sowing the summer barley in the lower fields... and eating the first of the strawberries with cream. Do you remember the taste of strawberries?
Frodo: No, Sam. I can't recall the taste of food... nor the sound of water... nor the touch of grass. I'm... naked in the dark, with nothing, no veil... between me... and the wheel of fire! I can see him... with my waking eyes!
Sam: Then let us be rid of it... once and for all! Come on, Mr. Frodo. I can't carry it for you... but I can carry you!

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Wylder Treejumper

"Character is the aim of true education; and science, history, and literature are but means used to accomplish the desired end. Character is not the result of chance work but of continuous right thinking and right acting."

-David O. McKay
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Sebias of Redwall

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Ebantu the Kararehe

"Did you see those Huns? They popped out of the snow! Like daisies!" -Mushu, Mulan
Infant Ebby is a smol, out-of-control firebending terror. It's a good thing she's also quite cute.

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
And rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

Hickory

"It's so much easier for people to die when they believe in something! For those who believe that death isn't the end of everything. For those in whose eyes the world is separated into black and white – who know exactly what they need to do and why, who hold the torch of an idea, of beliefs, in their hands, and everything they see is illuminated by it. Those who have nothing to doubt and nothing to regret. They must have an easy time of dying. They die with a smile on their face."

-from Metro 2033
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Sebias of Redwall

Welcome to the himalayas! -Monster's Inc.

Many things are possible for the person who has hope. Even more is possible for the person who has faith. And still more is possible for the person who knows how to love. But everything is possible for the person who practices all three virtues.
Brother Lawrence

Optimism is a wish without warrant; Christian hope is a certainty, guaranteed by God himself. Optimism reflects ignorance as to whether good things will ever actually come. Christian hope expresses knowledge that every day of his life, and every moment beyond it, the believer can say with truth, on the basis of God's own commitment, that the best is yet to come.
J. I. Packer

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Corporal Rubbadub

[Aragorn tosses Sam over a gap, and then sets his eyes on Gimli]

Gimli: Nobody tosses a Dwarf.

[Gimli leaps, but is balancing off the edge, so Legolas grabs his beard]

Gimli: Not the beard!

Corporal Rubbadub

Legolas: Lembas!

[nibbles a corner]

Legolas: One small bite is enough to fill the stomach of a grown man!

Merry: [to Pippin] How many did you eat?

Pippin: Four.

[burps]

Merry and pippin: Oi! were comin' with you!
Pippin: [to Elrond] Anyways, you need people of intelligence on this sort of... mission... quest... thing.

Merry: Well, that rules you out, Pip.
Pippin: Anyway, were are we going?

Sebias of Redwall

"Our lives aren't just measured in years, they're measured in the lives of the people we touch around us." – The Hunger Games

"Of course, we're fickle stupid beings, with poor memories and a great gift for self-destruction. Although, who knows? Maybe this time, we'll learn." – The Hunger Games

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Captain Wortshire

To defeat the darkness out there. you must defeat the darkness inside yourself. Coriakin - Voyage of The Dawn Treader (2010)
[move][/move]
"It's so sad. Nobody understands you. But the truth is you're the one who finds everyone & everything to be a pain in the butt."
"The moon tide is tugging on our hearts right now."
"Ishkhaqwi ai durugnul"
"We're making the mother of all omelettes here. Can't fret over every egg"
Spoiler
[close]

Tinarandel

The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King [Extended Edition]

PIPPIN: What were you thinking, Peregrin Took? What service could a Hobbit offer such a great lord of Men?

FARAMIR: It was well done. A generous deed should not be checked with cold counsel. You are to join the tower guard.

PIPPIN: I didn't think they would find any livery that would fit me.

FARAMIR: It once belonged to a young boy of the tower. A very foolish one who wasted many hours slaying dragons instead of attending to his studies.

PIPPIN: This was yours?

FARAMIR: Yes, it was mine. My father had it made for me.

PIPPIN: Well, I'm taller than you were then. Though, I'm not likely to grow anymore, except sideways!

FARAMIR: It never fitted me, either. Boromir was always the soldier. They were so alike, he and my father. Proud, stubborn, even, but strong.

PIPPIN: I think you have strength of a different kind. And one day your father will see it.
"The oldest and greatest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and greatest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."~H.P. Lovecraft.

"Try not to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself."~William Faulkner.

"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, when one only remembers to turn on the light."~Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.

"Knowledge is a weapon. I intend to be formidably armed." ~Terry Goodkind.

Sebias of Redwall

Ooh! That's a great one, Tinar!^

"Do not self destruct. We're shooting our way out." - The Mandolorian

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!