News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Favorite Quotes

Started by Rainshadow, September 14, 2012, 11:59:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tungro

"You can speak your mind, but not on my time"

WorshipTiria

I wanted to quote diminish, but I couldn't figure out what to put so I'm just gonna link the channel.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAQ9IeyeprRKx0zq5QAJV8Q/featured
I'm about to go GREMLIN MODE

Flib Bigboat

"May'aps they're be'ind that big boulder, Cap'n."
This remark did not improve Hookfin's temper.
"Aye, an' mayhaps I'll beat your brains out agin that great boulder if'n yer make another stupid suggestion. Spread out an' look around."
As they searched, one searat close to the boulder nudged his friend. "Can you smell burnin', matey?"
"Nah, but it'll probably be Cap'n 'ookfin's ole brainbox tryin' ter figger out where the badger went. Heeheeheehee!"
"You two over there, stop sniggerin' an' start searchin', or I'll lay me sword blade across yer backs!"
~Mariel of Redwall
Life is often like pushing a luggage cart through the airport. Sometimes I feel ridiculous, sometimes I look ridiculous, but I just keep pushing that luggage cart, and hoping I'm generally heading in the right direction.
Always keep your word, always finish what you started, and never go unprepared.
In a hole in the ground, there once lived a hobbit.
It's your birthday today, everybeast say hooray, there's a cat licking your birthday cake, it's your birthday today!
Long live the RRR!

MathLuk

"Imagine dying by suffocation, how pathetic..."

- Fausta, gazing at her father's hanging corpse, fifteen years before she will be executed by being killed via sauna suffocation, Unbiased History of Rome: Episode XVI: Constantine the Great
By what strange trick of fate do our paths cross anew?

Link to the Redwall Readership Restorers: https://discord.gg/frYkSzE

Flib Bigboat

"He's got a clothespin on his nose [said Eeny], and some arrangements of rubber bands. I've seen braces on teeth, but I never saw one on a nose before."
"Makes him snore terrible, that clothespin," said Quik. "Shook two pictures off the wall last night, and a pitcher of milk walked right off the table and went smash on the floor. Never even woke him. Good milk, too." He licked his whiskers. ~Freddy and the Space Ship

Also this:

"S-s-s-simple," said Inigo after a while.
"Are you frightened too?" asked Fezzik in the darkness.
"Not . . . remotely," Inigo said with great care. "And before, I meant to say 'easy'; I don't
know how the 's-s-s-s-' got in there."
~The Princess Bride
Life is often like pushing a luggage cart through the airport. Sometimes I feel ridiculous, sometimes I look ridiculous, but I just keep pushing that luggage cart, and hoping I'm generally heading in the right direction.
It's your birthday today, everybeast say hooray, there's a cat licking your birthday cake, it's your birthday today!
Long live the RRR!

One-Eye the wildcat

"Legolas from Fortnite"
"What will become of us? Where will we go, we who wander this vast wasteland in search of our better selves?"

"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos. I'm an agent of chaos."
Long live the RRR!!

Tungro

"Oh that's nothing Georgie, you can't go by what a girl says when she's giving you hell - it's like Shakespeare, sounds well enough but it doesn't actually mean anything."

Flib Bigboat

[Harry] and the D.A. were resisting her under her very nose, doing the very thing she and the Ministry most feared, and whenever he was supposed to be reading Wilbert Slinkhard's book during her lessons he dwelled instead on satisfying memories of their most recent meetings, remembering how Neville had successfully disarmed Hermione, how Colin Creevey had mastered the Impediment Jinx after three meetings' hard effort, how Parvati Patil had produced such a good Reductor Curse that she had reduced the table carrying all the Sneakoscopes to dust.
~Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Long live the RRR!

MathLuk

A genius given the means to study it all, he became an expert in three fields of Roman excellence.
Studying law, he understood what separated civilised men from savage barbarians.
Getting acquainted with high-level theology, he adhered to Christian principles and never gave in to heresy.
And by reading history, he got really happy and inspired, and eventually depressed and outraged.

-Dovahhatty on Justinian the Great

Tungro

"Freedom is not free, free men are not equal, equal men are not free"

MathLuk

"The thicker the hay, the easier it's mowed."

- Alaric I, King of the Visigoths

Flib Bigboat

"Can't they see us?" hissed Jane, from behind her tree.

"I guess not," Mark hissed back. "Kathie wished grownups wouldn't notice, and I guess they're grownups, the same as any."

"But they're magic," Katharine joined in the whispering. "They ought to notice everything. You'd think."

"I guess they kind of notice, but not much," whispered Mark.

"How the wind whispers in the trees," said Chauncey Cutlass, just to prove it.

"This is dandy," said Jane. "Now we can plague them and prey on them and bamboozle them to our heart's content, and they'll never know who. What could be sweeter?"

"What'll we do?" said Katharine.

"Let's not do anything," said Martha.

"Hurry up with that digging," said Chauncey Cutlass to his men, "and back to the ship. I like not this shore. The very trees seem to be staring at me, and the air seems full of voices. Spirits, I suppose. Still, all the better to guard the treasure with. Now. In with the box."
~Magic by the Lake
Long live the RRR!

Booklover

@MathLuk Thought you'd appreciate this.

"If you can understand the 'whys' of yesterday you're going to understand the motives of tomorrow." (some random person on youtube)
Error. Error. Cannot compute.

MathLuk

- Trickery and deceit. That is the way of the Romans, not of the Huns.
- Which way rules the world?

Attila the Hun and Flavius Aetius
From Attila (2001)

One-Eye the wildcat

"What will become of us? Where will we go, we who wander this vast wasteland in search of our better selves?"

"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos. I'm an agent of chaos."
Long live the RRR!!