Ungatt Trunn

"They're taking the hobbits to Isengard!" ~ Legolas, The Two Towers

Who doesn't like this one?  ;D

Life is too short to rush through it.

Hickory

I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Rainshadow

"Right now I'm only moving your teeth for appearance, so after this gap is closed, if you don't want anything else done, we can take your braces off."  ~ My orthodontist
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Hickory

"Yub ity yub blub eeeeeeeeeraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh ahhhhhh yub yub"

-Ewoks
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Jetthebinturong

"I try not to think, it interferes with being crazy"~Leo Valdez, The Mark of Athena

Skulduggery Pleasant quotes

"Doors are for people with no imagination"~Skulduggery Pleasant, Skulduggery Pleasant

"We live in a time of fear," Skulduggery said, "where we're too scared of upsetting the status quo to ask the questions we need to be asking." ~Skulduggery Pleasant, Skulduggery Pleasant

"Are you going to shoot me?' Vengeous sneered. 'I wouldn't be surprised. What would a thing like you know about honor? Only a heathen would bring a gun to a sword fight.'
"And only a moron would bring a sword to a gunfight."~Baron Vengeous and Skulduggery Pleasant, Playing With Fire

"We're not retreating, we're advancing in reverse."~Skulduggery Pleasant, Playing With Fire

"Vengeous scowled. 'As you can see,' he said, 'you are vastly outnumbered.'
'I usually am.'
'Your situation has become quite untenable.'
'It usually does.'
'You are within moments of being swarmed by these filthy creatures of undeath and torn apart in a maelstrom of pain and fury.'
Skulduggery paused. 'Okay, that's a new one on me."~Baron Vengeous and Skulduggery Pleasant, Playing With Fire

"That's beautiful," Valkyrie said, looking at it.
"Isn't it? This necklace has cost two very fine men their lives. At times, I wear it in tribute to their sacrifice. Other times, I wear it because it goes with this skirt."~Valkyrie Cain and China Sorrows, Playing With Fire

"What is it with you women?" he yelled, kicking at the air. "You come into our lives, you take everythin'! Throughout the years you got little pieces of me, of my very SOUL, and NOW? Now you got my damn straight razor! How am I supposed to kill people? How am I supposed to even SHAVE?"~Billy Ray Sanguine, Playing With Fire

"The Torment turned his head to him, and frowned. "Who are you?"
"I'm... sorry? It's me, it's Vaurien. Vaurien Scapegrace. I... built the cellar for you?"
"Oh," the Torment said. "You. Why are you back? I thought you were dead. It would have been nice if you were dead"~The Torment and Vaurien Scapegrace, Playing With Fire

"What does he look like?" Valkyrie asked.
"Black hair, pretty pale. Ugly scar on his face. Looks like a vamp."
"You should get back inside," Skulduggery said. "Lock the doors."
"You got it, Kemo sabe. I'll keep my crucifix close."
"Vampires aren't scared of a crucifix, Finbar."
"I don't plan to wave it at him, I plan to hit him with it. It's really heavy. I figure I can do some considerable damage to his head." He Stepped back and closed the door." ~Valkyrie Cain, Finbar Wrong and Skulduggery Pleasant on Dusk, Playing With Fire

"I'm sorry, I don't know what any of you want, or why guns and knives are being waved around, or why the girl has just been taken hostage, but everyone seems to be acting like having a TALKING SKELETON in the room is perfectly normal. And you, where are your eyes? How can you see? How come the only people with eyes in this room are me and her?"~Fletcher Renn, The Faceless Ones

"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilised."~Skulduggery Pleasant, The Faceless Ones

"He has a name."
"Oh yeah. Skulduggery isn't it?" Fletcher responded. "That's an unusual one. Tell me were you born a skeleton or were your folks just disturbingly hopeful?"~Valkyrie Cain and Fletcher Renn, The Faceless Ones

"Valkyrie, I hate to be the one to tell you this, but your friend is most likely dead."
"Of course he's dead. He's a skeleton." ~Davina Marr and Valkyrie Cain, Dark Days

"We don't do what we do for the glory or the fame or the credit; we do it for the quiet satisfaction of making the world a better place, saving the lives of innocents, and being better than you are." ~Skulduggery Pleasant, Dark Days

"My wife was saying to me just the other day how she's noticed a spring in my step lately. That was because I thought you were gone forever."
"I missed you too, Thurid."~Thurid Guild and Skulduggery Pleasant, Dark Days

"They say sarcasm is the lowest form of wit," Valkyrie said.
China glanced at her. "They've obviously never met me."~Valkyrie Cain and China Sorrows, Mortal Coil

"You're under arrest for multiple counts of murder. You have the right to not much at all, really. Do you have anything to say in your defense?" ~Skulduggery Pleasant, Mortal Coil

"She's not... She's not datin' the skeleton, is she? How would that be even possible, let alone... nice? He's got no skin, or lips, or... or nothin'."~Billy Ray Sanguine on Valkyrie Cain (and no she is not dating "the skeleton"), Mortal Coil

"Valkyrie patted Fletcher's arm. "Don't worry," she said. "If the bad man comes, I'll protect you."
"If the bad man comes," Fletcher responded, "I'll bravely give out a high-pitched scream to distract him. I may even bravely faint, to give him a false sense of security. That will be your signal to strike."
"We make a great team."
"Just don't forget to stand in front of me the whole time," he said."~Valkyrie Cain and Fletcher Renn, Death Bringer

"The fact is that we have no way of knowing if the person who we think we are is at the core of our being. Are you a decent girl with the potential to someday become an evil monster, or are you an evil monster that thinks it's a decent girl?"
"Wouldn't I know which one I was?"
"Good God, no. The lies we tell other people are nothing to the lies we tell ourselves."~Skulduggery Pleasant and Valkyrie Cain, Death Bringer

"By the way, all joking aside, do I call you Ghastly or Elder Bespoke?'
'You can call me whatever you like.'
Vex nodded. 'Thank you, Gladys."~Dexter Vex and Ghastly Bespoke, Death Bringer

"I swear, talking to you is like talking to a really good-looking and mildly stupid brick wall." ~Valkyrie Cain on Caelan the vampire, Death Bringer

"I try not to underestimate my opponents, no matter how ridiculous their beards."~Skulduggery Pleasant on Bison Dragonclaw, Death Bringer

"But if you can confront your inner demons—"
"I did confront my inner demon. I punched him in the face and he exploded."
Valkyrie had to laugh. "But now he's back."
"Of course he's back. He's resourceful. He is my inner demon, after all."~Valkyrie Cain and Skulduggery Pleasant, Death Bringer

"Get away from my ex-girlfriend, you moany little whinge-bag.'
Caelen took a deep breath, like he was in pain, and stood up. His voice was low, guttural. 'I was hoping I'd get the chance to kill you.'
'You won't be killing anyone, you sad little emo git.'
'You've stood in the way of our love for long enough.'
'Just listening to you makes me want to top myself, you self-pitying Paranormal Romance novel reject.'
Caelen glared. 'Stop insulting me.'
'Why? If you cry will your mascara run?" ~Fletcher Renn and Caelan the vampire on Valkyrie Cain, Death Bringer

"Oh, China. How I have missed you."
"And I have missed you, Eliza. But don't worry, next time my aim will be better."~Eliza Scorn and China Sorrows, Death Bringer

"You should have called us. Desmond would have picked you up.'
'No I wouldn't,' Valkyrie's dad said, stepping into earshot. 'Sorry, Fletcher, but I had important fatherly duties to take care of, which included eating breakfast, showering, and finding my trousers. Of those three, I only managed two. Without looking down, can you guess which one I missed?'... Fletcher smiled back. 'I just want to borrow Stephanie for a moment.'
'Take our daughter,' Valkryie's dad said, waving a hand airily. 'We have another one now."~Desmond Edgely and Fletcher Renn on Valkyrie Cain and Alice Edgely, Death Bringer

"You're in a bad mood,' Skulduggery said. 'I understand. I do. You're saying things that you don't really mean. It's OK.'
'I'll kill you both.'
'Hurtful things said in the heat of the moment. We're not going to hold it against you, Bison. We're all friends here.'
Valkyrie nodded. 'We love you Bison.'
'We do,' Skulduggery agreed. 'You're our favourite Necromancer. You're the cuddly one.'
'Shut up,' Dragonclaw said. 'Both of you just shut up."~Skulduggery Pleasant, Bison Dragonclaw and Valkyrie Cain, Death Bringer

"I would love to have a battle of wits with you, Bison, but I doubt it would be a fair fight.'
'Shut your face.'
'Exactly my point." ~Skulduggery Pleasant and Bison Dragonclaw, Death Bringer

"He looked at her. "We're meant to be together..."
"And this is exactly what I mean."
"Our love is written in the stars."
"And there you go again."
"I love you."
"You bore me." ~Caelan the vampire and Valkyrie Cain, Death Bringer

"You accused me of murder. Do you make a habit of bringing schoolgirls into an interview room with murder suspects?'
He waved his hand. 'Oh, I was only joking about that. I don't really think you murdered someone. Unless you did, in which case I reserve the right to say I knew it all along."~Skulduggery Pleasant and Kenny Dunne on Valkyrie Cain, Death Bringer

"You say one more thing that sounds like it's ripped from the pages of a really bad gothic romance and I'm out of here, are we clear?"~Valkyrie Cain to Caelan the vampire, Death Bringer

"Every human being who has ever lived has the same potential in them for good and evil. Mortal or sorcerer, it doesn't matter. Power has a way of bringing out the worst in people. Mevolent. Serpine. Hitler. Lord Vile. _________. We're all the same."
"You just put me on a list with Hitler."
"You're going to start sulking again, aren't you?"~Skulduggery Pleasant and SOMEONE, Death Bringer

"I cross the place where my heart used to be and hope to be even deader than I am now." ~Skulduggery Pleasant, Death Bringer

"I love you.'
'Yeah, well...'
'You make my heart want to beat.'
'That's nice and creepy. But I'm with Fletcher.(...) Also, these proclamations of your undying love for me are getting kind of... it's a bit much to be honest. Just hold back a little.'
'But my love for you is eternal.'
'That's exactly the kind of thing I'm talking about."~Caelan the vampire and Valkyrie Cain, Death Bringer

"The next time? Oh, my dear Eliza, you're not going to carry on with this, are you? The Faceless Ones had their chance. They returned and they were sent away again. It's time to move on. Time to take up another hobby, like crocheting, or serial killing." ~China Sorrows on the Church of the Faceless, Death Bringer

"Other stories tell how I eat innocent newborns, how I'm ten feet tall, how I breathe fire and have great dragon wings. None of these are wholly accurate. I don't have dragon wings, I don't breathe fire, I'm only eight feet tall and I've never eaten a newborn that didn't have it coming. My name is ________. What's yours?" ~SOMEONE, Kingdom of the Wicked

"Mostly we've had to found ways to amuse ourselves."
"Really?" Valkyrie asked. "Like what?"
Plight's smile faded. "Like human sacrifice."
He grabbed one arm and Lenka grabbed the other and Valkyrie cried out.
Then they both let go. laughing.
"Naw," Plight said, we just play board games."
..."She fell for it!" gasped Lenka. "She fell for the human sacrifice bit!"~MYSTERIOUS SOMEONES and Valkyrie Cain, Kingdom of the Wicked

"Grand Mage," Ghastly said, as he put the map away, "did you know the sparrow flies south for the winter?"
"What an odd thing to say," Ravel said, and as he turned, he snapped his palm against the air and Paloma slammed into the wall."
....."What do you know," Ravel said, breathing a little faster, "Skulduggery's silly little code actually works."~Ghastly Bespoke and Erskine Ravel, Kingdom of the Wicked

"Dexter, please put your shirt on. Valkyrie's getting distracted."
"I'm not," she said, then smiled at Vex. "You don't have to put your shirt on." ~Skulduggery Pleasant and Valkyrie Cain on Dexter Vex, Last Stand of Dead Men

And I've already done the last book
[close]
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Maudie

"I am going to kill somebody, and it's not going to be the ball!!"-Myself, directed at an annoying girl who was criticizing my volleyball skills that I had made perfectly clear were nonexistent before we started the game.
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Rusvul

"Engage!" - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

EDIT: "I thought I'd seen everything when it comes to bad mobile ports, but they can't even be bothered to rip you off correctly. That's an impressive level of terrible." - Totalbiscuit

Søren

"Is the parking break on?"
- Captian Christopher Pike

I'm retired from the forum

Skyblade

I like these quotes from Sara in Frances Hodgson Burnett's A Little Princess, which sounds girly but is an amazing novel.

"It is a story. Everything's a story. You are a story - I am a story."

"When you will not fly into a passion people know you are stronger than they are, because you are strong enough to hold in your rage, and they are not, and they say stupid things they wish they hadn't said afterward. There's nothing so strong as rage, except what makes you hold it in - that's stronger."

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Jetthebinturong

I just love this description ok Akiva from Daughter of Smoke and Bone

Certainly, they couldn't see him as he truly was. His fiery wings were glamoured invisible, and he should have been able to pass as human, but he wasn't quite pulling it off. What people saw was a tall young man, beautiful - truly, breath-stealingly beautiful, in a way one rarely beholds in real life - who moved among them with predatory grace, seeming no more mindful of them than if they were statuary in a garden of gods. On his back a pair of crossed swords were sheathed, and his sleeves were pushed up over forearms tanned and corded with muscle. His hands were a curiosity, etched both white with scars and black with the ink of tattoos - simple repeating black lines hatched across the tops of his fingers.
His dark hair was cropped close to his skull, with a hairline that dipped into a widow's peak. His golden skin was bronzed darker across the planes of his face - high ridges of cheekbones, brow, bridge of the nose - as if he lived his life in drenching rich honey light.
Beautiful as he was, he was forbidding. It was difficult to imagine him breaking into a smile - which indeed Akiva hadn't done in many years, and couldn't imagine doing ever again.
But all this was just a fleeting impression. What people fixed on, stopping to watch him pass, were his eyes.
They were amber like a tiger's, and like a tiger's they were rimmed in black - the black of both heavy lashes and of kohl, which focused the gold of his irises like beams of light. They were pure and luminous, mesmerizing and achingly beautiful, but something was wrong, was missing. Humanity, perhaps, that quality of benevolence that humans have, without irony, named after themselves. When coming around a corner, an old woman found herself in his path, the full force of his gaze fell on her and she gasped.
There was live fire in his eyes. She was sure he would set her alight.
-Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor, Chapter 9: The Devil's Doorways

I think Akiva is supposed to be an angel, the other one who was mentioned earlier was called an angel by a woman and the narration says "She was not far wrong."
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Skyblade

THANK YOU! I was waiting for someone else to reply so I could post again! Btw that's a cool description. And this thread is a great idea.

I like a lot of quotes from songs. For example, the one in my siggy (I'm hoping some will find it inspirational. You never know). And also these are a few more.

• "If they hurt you, they hurt me too." - All About Us, t.A.T.u.
• "Any way the wind blows." - Bohemian Rhapsody, Queen
• "The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded hell, right to the top. Don't look back." - It's Time, Imagine Dragons
• "It's not too late. It's never too late." - Never Too Late, Three Days Grace

Rusvul

"Ah, excuse me, sirs, but you seem to have fallen into our trap." -Wilbur Higgins III, Rollplay Swan Song

Søren

"OHHHH, she was clever! Cleverer then you lot and she's dead!"
-Sherlock Holmes, Sherlock, Series 1 episode 1

I'm retired from the forum

Skyblade

Sirius Black in the movie Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix: I want you to listen to me very carefully, Harry. You're not a bad person. You're a very good person, who bad things have happened to. Besides, the world isn't split into good people and Death Eaters. We've all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That's who we really are.

It was just one of those quotes I fell in love with instantly.