News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Favorite Quotes

Started by Rainshadow, September 14, 2012, 11:59:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wot, wot!

:D
"You know it's cold outside when you walk outside and it's cold outside"
-My Brother   :)
"Get him! Grab that spy! I want his head!"
Basil chuckled. "What's the matter? Isn't your own head good enough? No, I don't suppose it is. Ugly-looking brute, aren't you?" -Basil to Cluny the Scourge (Redwall)

"The second you change "I can't" into "why not", you can do anything in the world."

Jetthebinturong

Clary smiled and moved closer to Emma. "Your sword is beautiful," she said, pointing to the blade across the girl's lap.
Emma's expression softened fractionally. She touched the blade, which was etched with a delicate pattern of leaves and runes. The crossbar was gold, and across the blade were carved the words: I am Cortana, of the same steel and temper as Joyeuse and Durendal. "It was my father's. It's been passed down through the Carstairs family. It's a famous sword," she added proudly "It was made a long time ago."
"Of the same steel and temper of Joyeuse and Durendal," said Clary. "Those are both famous swords. You know who owns famous swords?"
"Who?"
"Heroes," Clary said, kneeling down on the ground so she could look up into the girl's face.
Emma scowled. "I'm not a hero," she said. "I didn't do anything to save Julian's father, or Mark."
"Heroes aren't always the ones who win," [Clary] said. "They're the ones who lose, sometimes. But they keep fighting, they keep coming back. They don't give up. That's what makes them heroes."

long
She looked up at the boy standing over her. For a dizzy moment she thought he had stepped out of one of her nightmares of her brother, Daniel. He was beautiful, like Daniel had been, though they could not have looked more different. Daniel's skin had been the same brown as hers, while this boy looked like he had been carved out of ice. White skin, sharp pale cheekbones, salt-white hair that fell over his forehead. His eyes were black, shark's eyes, flat and cold.
"Sebastian," she said. "You're Valentine's son."
"Maia." Jordan whispered. Her hands were over his chest, and they were soaked in blood. So was his shirt, and the sand under them, the grains of it clumped together by sticky scarlet. "Don't stay-run-"
"Shh." She kissed his cheek. "You'll be all right."
"No he won't," Sebastian said, sounding bored. "He's going to die."
Maia's head jerked up "Shut up," she hissed. "Shut up, you-you thing-"
His wrist made a fast snapping motion - she had never seen anyone else move that fast, except maybe Jace - and the tip of his sword was at her throat. "Quiet, Downworlder," he said. "Look how many lie dead around you. Do you think I would hesitate to kill one more?"
She swallowed but didn't lean away. "Why? I thought your war was with the Shadowhunters-"
"It's rather a long story," he drawled. "Suffice it to say that the London Institute is annoyingly well protected, and the Praetor has paid the price. I was going to kill someone today. I just wasn't sure who it was when I woke up this morning. I do love mornings. So full of possibilities."
"The Praetor has nothing to do with the London Institute-"
"Oh you're wrong there. There's quite a history. But it's unimportant. You're correct that my war is with the Nephilim, which means I'm also at war with their allies. This"-and he swung his free hand back to indicate the burned ruins behind him-"is my message. And you'll deliver it for me."
Maia began to shake her head, but felt something grip her hand - it was Jordan's fingers. She looked down at him. He was bone white, his eyes searching hers. Please, they seemed to say. Do what he asks.
"What message?" she whispered.
"That they should remember their Shakespeare," he said. "I'll never pause again, never stand still, till either death hath closed these eyes of mine, or fortune given me measure of revenge." Lashes brushed his bloody cheek as he winked. "Tell all the Downworlders," he said. "I am in pursuit of vengeance, and I will have it. I will deal with any who ally themselves with Shadowhunters. I have no argument with your kind, unless you follow the Nephilim into battle, in which case you will be food for my blade and the blades of my army, until the last of you is cut from the surface of this world." He lowered the tip of his sword, so that it brushed down the buttons of her shirt, as if he meant to slice it off her body. He was still grinning when he drew the sword back. "Think you can remember that, wolf girl?"
"I..."
"Of course you can," he said, and glanced down at Jordan's body, which had gone still in her arms. "Your boyfriend's dead, by the way," he added.
[close]

long
Alec strode forward, already notching another arrow to his bow. Meliorn was on the ground, moaning, the snow around him turning red. Alec stood over him, bow at the ready. "Tell us how to get Magnus-how to get the prisoners back," he said. "Do it, or I'll turn you into a pincushion."
Meliorn spat. His white armor seemed to blend into the snow around him. "I will tell you nothing," he said. "Torture me, kill me, I shall not betray my queen."
"It doesn't matter what he says anyway," said Isabelle. "He can lie, remember?"
Alec's face shut. "True," he said. "Die then, liar." And he let the next arrow go.
It sank into Meliorn's chest, and the faerie knight fell back, the force of the arrow sending his body skidding back across the snow. His head hit the cave wall with a wet smack.
"Meliorn had pitch on his shoes," [Clary] said. "'And the streams of Edom shall be turned to pitch', remember? I think he came from the demon realms. I think they're that way."
"Jace," Alec said. "Tell the Queen what we want, and that if she does it, we will let her live."
The Queen laughed, a shrill sound. "Little archer boy," she said. "I underestimated you. Sharp are the arrows of a broken heart."
Alec's face tightened. "You underestimated all of us; you always have. You and your arrogance. The Fair Folk are an old people, a good people. You aren't fit to lead them. Under your rule they will all wind up like this," he said, jerking his chin toward Meliorn's corpse.
"You are the one that killed him," said the Queen, "not I."
"Everyone pays," Alec said, and his eyes on her were steady and blue and hard.
[close]

long
"Here we are," said the Seelie Queen, and her voice was amused. "Can you guess the right road?"
They stood in a massive cave, the roof lost in shadow. The walls glowed with a phosphorescent shine, and four roads branched off from where they stood: the one behind them, and three others. One was clear and broad and smooth, leading directly ahead of them. The one on the left shone with green leaves and bright flowers, and Clary thought she saw the glimmer of blue sky in the distance. Her heart longed to go that way. And the last was a narrow tunnel, the entrance wound about with spiked metal, and thornbushes lining the sides. Clary thought she could see darkness and stars at the end.
Alec laughed shortly. "We're Shadowhunters," he said. "We know the old tales. This is the Three Roads." At Clary's puzzled look he said, "Faeries don't like their secrets to get out, but sometimes human musicians have been able to encode Faerie secrets into ancient ballads. There's one called 'Thomas the Rhymer,' about a man who was kidnapped by the Queen of Faerie-"
"Hardly kidnapped," objected the Queen. "He came quite willingly."
"And she took him to a place where three roads lay, and told him that one went to Heaven, and one went to Faerieland, and one went to Hell. 'And see ye not that narrow road, so thick beset with thorns and briars? That is the path of righteousness, though after it but few inquires.'" Alec pointed toward the narrow tunnel.
"It goes to the mundane world," said the Queen sweetly. "Your folk find it heavenly enough there."
"That's how Sebastian got to the Adamant Citadel, and had warriors backing him up that the Clave couldn't see," said Jace in disgust. "He used this tunnel. He had warriors hanging back here in Faerie, where they couldn't be tracked. They came through when he needed them." He gave the Queen a dark look. "Many Nephilim are dead because of you."
"Mortals," said the Queen. "They die."
Alec ignored her. "There," he said, pointing to the leafy tunnel. "That goes farther into Faerie. And that"-he pointed ahead-"is the road to Hell. That's where we're going."
"I always heard it was paved with good intentions," said Simon.
"Place your feet upon the way and find out, Daylighter," said the Queen.
"I know you think you are sending us to our deaths," [Jace] said. "But we will not die so easily. We will not lose this war. And when we are victorious, we shall make you and your people bleed for what you have done."
The Queen's smile left her face. They turned away from her and started down the path to Edom, silently; Clary looked over her shoulder once as they went, and saw only the outline of the Queen, motionless, watching them go, her eyes burning.
[close]

All from City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

LT Sandpaw

"The secret to winning is making your opponent believe they will lose, and to believe you will win" - Me

"To surrender is to quit, to quit is to lose, to lose is to fail, and failure isn't forgiven" - Me 

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Skyblade

Some thoughtful quotes I found via Google Images. Internet can be harmful, but lovely, too :)

"The future is decided by what you do today, not tomorrow."

"I cried because I had no shoes, then I met a man with no feet."

"Thr tallest oak in the forest was once just a little nut that held its ground."

"Don't follow your dreams, chase them".

"Do something today that your future self will thank you for."

and...the quote in my siggy :D

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Lady Ashenwyte

"If you want cheese but don't have cheese, go and get some cheese" - Me.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Hickory

"Attachment leads to jealousy, the shadow of greed that is. Greed leads to anger, the path to the dark side that is."

-Yoda
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Søren

"But I don't want to date the barber!"
-Shawn Spencer

I'm retired from the forum

Delthion

"You that's right!" ~Burton Guster
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

MatthiasMan

Keep walking. Keep moving forward. If you stop, you'll get stuck in the mud.

My inspiration.

Eulaliaaa!

"In our imaginations we can go anywhere. Travel with me to Redwall in Mossflower country." -Brian Jacques

And my signature, too.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Mhera

If you can read this, thank a teacher.
If you can read this in English, thank a soldier.

-bumper sticker

Skyblade

"Art is the last form of magic that exists." - a quote that my friend found on the Internet

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

The Mask

'When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, whoever improbable must be the truth.'
SHERLOCK DA MA MAN FTW BEST EVER SO AMAZING OMG!
Ahem. I just watched the Hound of Baskervilles.
I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

" I will burn the heart out of you." Moriarty, Sherlock

Romsca

"[Heck], if I could explain it to the average person, it wouldn't have been worth the Nobel Prize" ~Richard Feynman