"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Favorite Quotes

Started by Rainshadow, September 14, 2012, 11:59:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhera

"I'd like to die on Mars, just not on impact." -Elon Musk

Luftwaffles

"The mind is its own place and in itself, can make a Heaven of Heck, a Heck of Heaven" - John Milton.
~Please be sure to join us if ever you are passing~.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

Banya

You can say "Hell," Sierra.  Firstly, it's a term that exists in the Redwall universe.  Secondly, it's not a curse word when used to describe a place.  Thirdly, I haven't heard anyone use "heck" since I was a child, and I am unused to it; when reading it, it throws me off of what is actually being said.

Luftwaffles

Quote from: Banya on May 14, 2015, 03:00:35 AM
You can say "Hell," Sierra.  Firstly, it's a term that exists in the Redwall universe.  Secondly, it's not a curse word when used to describe a place.  Thirdly, I haven't heard anyone use it since I was a child, and I am unused to it; when reading it, it throws me off of what is actually being said.

A long time ago, I asked a mod about it, and he said that I can't use it (at least on my sig).

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

Banya

@Sierra: That makes sense for your signature.  I've used the word a handful of times (referring to the place), and it's never been altered or mentioned.

"Human sympathy has its limits, and we were contented to let all their tragic arguments fade with the city lights behind."

"Reserving judgments is a matter of infinite hope."

"I couldn't forgive him or like him, but I saw that what he had done was, to him, entirely justified."

"All I kept thinking about, over and over, was 'You can't live forever; you can't live forever.'"

- F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

Luftwaffles

@Baña: I don't know, I will stick with "heck".

"He who reigns within himself and rules passions, desires, and fears is more than a king" - John Milton.

Hickory

"'What was that?' said Seamus Finnigan, staring at the egg as Harry slammed it shut again. 'Sounded like a banshee.... Maybe you've got to get past one of those next, Harry!'
'It was someone being tortured!' said Neville, wh had gone very white and spilled sausage rolls all over the floor. 'You're going to have to fight the Cruciatus Curse!'
'Don't be a prat Neville, that's illegal,' said George. "They wouldn't use the Cruciatus Curse on the champions. I thought it sounded a bit like Percy singing.... maybe you've got to attack him while he's in the shower, Harry.'"
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Luftwaffles

"You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you have never had the courage to commit" - Oscar Wilde.

SoranMBane

"You guys do what you do best; find something simple and complicate it!"
~ Burt Gummer in Tremors 3, addressing a group of government agents.

Burt Gummer is a national treasure.

Hickory

"I have an army."
"We have a Hulk."
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Luftwaffles

"Absence makes the heart grow fonder" - Thomas Haynes Bayly.

Feles

Half the deal for twice the price- someone

The only thing overdone here is my toast-Jontron

"I fight for the men I've held in my arms, dying on foreign soil. I fight for their wives and children, who's [sic] names I heard whispered in their last breaths. I fight for we few who did come home, only to find our country full of strangers wearing familiar faces. I fight for my people impoverished to pay the debts of an Empire too weak to rule them, yet brands them criminals for wanting to rule themselves! I fight so that all the fighting I've already done hasn't been for nothing. I fight... because I must."-Ulfric Stormcloak

Also relized that posted a similer topic in the cellars recently, :-[
and i dont know how to take it down  :P
I am the harbinger of the spicy rooster apocalypse,
I am the hydrogen bomb in a necktie,
I hold the flames of a thousand collapsed stars,
I am Bobracha!

Jetthebinturong

"I prefer to remain unenlightened so that I may better appreciate the darkness."-Friedrick Thiessen, The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern (referring to stage magic)
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Feles

I will take it! I will take the Ring to Mordor!
Though... I do not know the way.~Frodo

Pity? It was pity that stayed Bilbo's hand. Many that live deserve death. Some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them, Frodo? Do not be too eager to deal out death in judgment. Even the very wise cannot see all ends. My heart tells me that Gollum has some part to play yet, for good or ill before this is over. The pity of Bilbo may rule the fate of many. ~Gandalf

Mordor, Gandalf, is it left or right?~Frodo
I am the harbinger of the spicy rooster apocalypse,
I am the hydrogen bomb in a necktie,
I hold the flames of a thousand collapsed stars,
I am Bobracha!

Luftwaffles

"Don't be hard on yourself. Failing is a natural consequence of trying".