News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Favorite Quotes

Started by Rainshadow, September 14, 2012, 11:59:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Søren

I'm retired from the forum

SoranMBane

"If a man's wearing his pants on his head or if he says his words backwards from time to time, you know it's all laid out there for you. But if he's friendly to strangers and keeps his home spick-and-span, more often than not he's done something even his own ma couldn't forgive."
~ No-bark Noonan, Fallout: New Vegas

Truly the great sage of the Wasteland, old No-bark.

Luftwaffles

Ok, there are some quotes I like, but this one I just love:

"One man's trash is another man's treasure".

There's so much truth on this words! In fact, just the other day my friend was getting rid of his old headphones and, after a quick fixing, I could bring them back to life. Now I'm using them... and that's just ONE of the MANY examples I have regarding the subject.
~Please be sure to join us if ever you are passing~.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

Skyblade

Quote from: Wot, wot! on May 21, 2015, 02:50:10 AM
:D "A day without laughter is a day wasted"
~My grandma

:)

There are really nice quotes here.

"Fate is whatever blessings or curses you receive; destiny is how you respond to them." - PluggFiretail

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Luftwaffles

"Lord, help me to become the kind of person my dog thinks I am".

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

Hickory

Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent, a new nation, conceived in Liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal.

Now we are engaged in a great civil war, testing whether that nation, or any nation so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure. We are met on a great battle-field of that war. We have come to dedicate a portion of that field, as a final resting place for those who here gave their lives that that nation might live. It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do this.

But, in a larger sense, we can not dedicate -- we can not consecrate -- we can not hallow -- this ground. The brave men, living and dead, who struggled here, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract. The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here. It is for us the living, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who fought here have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us -- that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion -- that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain -- that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom -- and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.

Abraham Lincoln
November 19, 1863
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Luftwaffles

"Flowers always make people better, happier, and more helpful; they are sunshine, food and medicine for the soul". - Luther Burbank.

Jetthebinturong

"They all yelled in excitement. Tamara yelled because she was happy. Aaron yelled because he liked it when other people were happy, and Call yelled because he was sure they were going to die."
~ The Iron Trial by Cassandra Clare and Holly Black
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Luftwaffles

"To be prepared, is half the victory" - Miguel de Cervantes.

Rainshadow

"In other health news, the Night Vale Council for Commerce reminds you to regularly consume wheat and wheat by-products.  By doing so, you are directly supporting the local Night Vale farmer, as well as the local Night Vale commodities conglomerates.

Looking for a snack?  Try wheat, or a wheat by-product.  Dinner?  Wheat and/or its by-product.  Trying to patch a leaky roof?  We have just the thing for you, and we also have its by-products.

Wheat and wheat by-products.  By Americans, for Americans, in Americans, watching Americans."

~ Cecil Baldwin, Welcome to Night Vale
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Jetthebinturong

Just a reminder to all the parents out there: let's talk about safety when taking your children out to play in the scrublands and the sand wastes. You need to give them plenty of water, make sure there's a shade tree in the area, and keep an eye on the helicopter colors.

Are the unmarked helicopters circling the area black? Probably World Government. Not a good area for play that day.

Are they blue? That's the Sheriff's Secret Police. They'll keep a good eye on your kids, and hardly ever take one.

Are they painted with complex murals depicting birds of prey diving? No one knows what those helicopters are, or what they want. Do not play in the area. Return to your home and lock the doors until a Sheriff's Secret Policeman leaves a carnation on your porch to indicate that the danger has passed. Cover your ears to blot out the screams.

Also remember: Gatorade is basically soda, so give your kids plain old water and maybe some orange slices when they play.
~Cecil Baldwin, Welcome to Night Vale

"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Skyblade

"You have three faces. The first face, you show to the world. The second face, you show to your close friends and your family. The third face, you never show anyone. It is the truest reflection of who you are."

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Lady Ashenwyte

"Good and Evil are two sides of the same coin."- Lord Manu, the Shiva Trilogy.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Wylder Treejumper

"A man will resort to any expedient to avoid the real labor of thinking"
-Sir Joshua Reynolds
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Luftwaffles

"It is better to have too much courtesy than too little, provided you are not equally courteous to all, for that would be injustice" - Baltasar Gracìan.