News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Personality types

Started by Tannsrall, September 19, 2012, 02:23:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skyblade

@Soren: I looked online and it says that ENTJs are natural-born leaders. Sounds legit.

@Plugg: Wow, ours are pretty close (mine is INFP). And I am not surprised that you have a similar personality with those people listed above.

@James: Virtuoso? Creative and stuff? That's neat! And congrats on that 500th post ;)

Quote from: 16 Personalities, copied Plugg's ideaINFP Personality ("The Mediator")
INFP personalities are true idealists, always looking for the hint of good in even the worst of people and events, searching for ways to make things better. While they may be perceived as calm, reserved, or even shy, INFPs have an inner flame and passion that can truly shine. Comprising just 4% of the population, the risk of feeling misunderstood is unfortunately high for the INFP personality type - but when they find like-minded people to spend their time with, the harmony they feel will be a fountain of joy and inspiration.

I feel better about myself to an extent... *half-smile*

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Kitsune

@Sky: That is interesting, and now that I think of it, your personality is fairly close to mine. It is different enough, though. (If two people had exactly the same personalities,  and not just the letters, that would be very creepy. :o )

Banya

INTP!

Congratulations, James.

The Mask

Okay I did it again, I got INTJ. It also gave a description and it sums me up perfectly!
I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

" I will burn the heart out of you." Moriarty, Sherlock

The Skarzs

Hm, well, I took it. A number of those questions could really benefit from a "maybe".
My results:

Introvert(78%)  iNtuitive(25%)  Thinking(62%)  Judging(44%)
You have strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion (78%)
You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (25%)
You have distinct preference of Thinking over Feeling (62%)
You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (44%)

I feel like I'm a little less introverted than it said I was, as a lot of those questions, as before mentioned, should have been a "maybe".
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Romsca

Actually taken way more personality tests since then... 10 total...

ENTJ (5/10)
ENTP (4/10)
ESTJ (1/10)

@Skyblade: actually I would get along with you really well, sorry for that immature post about not liking introverts a while ago. I can get along with INFPs because they're actually about the only people (outside of my family, maybe) I feel comfortable getting emotional around

Delthion

Which link do you use? I can't find it!
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Skyblade

@Romsca: No, you're fine :D And certainly! I'm always open to hearing people's thoughts and feelings (or at least, I try)

@Delthion: Yeah, that link's weird. Try googling "myer briggs personality test". There are several on the Internet.

Mhera

QuoteYour Type
ISTP
Introvert(89%)  Sensing(1%)  Thinking(75%)  Perceiving(67%)
You have strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion (89%)
You have marginal or no preference of Sensing over Intuition (1%)
You have distinct preference of Thinking over Feeling (75%)
You have distinct preference of Perceiving over Judging (67%)

I've taken a few other 16 type tests before and they came out the same; very strong on the I, T, and P but tied (or leaning slightly one way or the other) on the S/N. Many of the characteristics of both ISTP and INTP apply to me, so I'm not that sure which one I'm in.

Skyblade

Can people really be more than one type? That's interesting.

Anyway, the 16 personality types aren't cages for us to be trapped in. They're generalizations... We have freedom nonetheless regarding how we think and behave.

MatthiasMan

Last time I checked, I was INFJ, but I'm pretty sure that's changed. . . .

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Skyblade

No, INTJ. That's what it's called (iNtuitive).

I'm not sure if people can change personality types but it definitely seems possible.

The Mask

I think it's extremely possible. I am an example. When I was young, I was a big extrovert and got along with everyone, and never wanted to do anything alone. Now however, I live far from my friends and do most things by myself. Circumstances can change, and people can change too.
I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

" I will burn the heart out of you." Moriarty, Sherlock

Edraithel

I took another test for this and my introvert percent was much higher then when I first took it but I'm still INFP. The last test I took said I was around 80% introvert, and I would completely agree with that. I live in a house with a INFJ (my dad), ISFJ (my mom), ISFP (my sister, and a ISTP (my brother). It's funny that my parents are both a J and my siblings and I are all P's.
"A cage," she said. "To stay behind bars, until use and old age accept them, and all chance of doing great deeds is gone beyond recall or desire." - Eowyn, Lord of the Rings

"Listen for the destination in your heart if you lose sight of your path." D. Gray Man