News:

Moderator activity in progress. Please, be patient. ~ Sincerely, The Staff

Main Menu

Favourite moment(s) in Redwall?

Started by HeadInAnotherGalaxy, June 14, 2011, 11:37:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

What were some moments in the Redwall series that made you jump out of chair and shout REDDDDWAAAAAAALL!!!!!!!!! or found yourself speaking the part of one of the characters as you read or something like that?
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Spring Breeze

I've been listening to Mariel of Redwall and there was a part that made me laugh so hard I almost fell out of my bed!!
Baby grubb and two other Dibbuns snuck out of bed when the sound of fighting woke them up and decided to help so they went down to the kitchen to find weapons and found some knifes, they made there way over to the east or west wall I can seem to remember  :P where some of the vermin were throwing graplings hooks with ropes so they could climb the wall, the Dibbuns seeing the vermin started cutting the ropes.
"'aone atwo and a three and away ye do go varmints' Grubb chuckles happily, and away the vermins did go!"
"Oh, golly.  Old Log-a-Thing's fallen over."
--Trubbs, "Mossflower"

Osu

I really like that conversation between Morio and Rockjaw Grang in The Long Patrol, when the major says something about 'the forces of darkness skulking in the arboreal verdance,' and Rockjaw is all, 'why didn't he just say treetops?' and Morio goes, 'why should he when he knows words like arboreal verdance?'

:'D :'D :'D Wisdom to live by.
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Taggerung_of_Redwall

This topic is a duplicate. One dealing with the same topic is already created, you'll need to look for older topics beofre posting a new one.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Mariel

I like the parts where strategy is revealed, like when an army wants to pretend that they are still camping and sleeping for the night when in fact they are launching an assault.  They leave a few people behind, who keep the fires in the camp burning bright.  But the opposing team isn't fooled because they know that when an army is actually sleeping, the campfires run down low and almost go out.  Brilliant!

Osu

Quote from: Mariel on June 15, 2011, 07:15:52 PM
I like the parts where strategy is revealed, like when an army wants to pretend that they are still camping and sleeping for the night when in fact they are launching an assault.  They leave a few people behind, who keep the fires in the camp burning bright.  But the opposing team isn't fooled because they know that when an army is actually sleeping, the campfires run down low and almost go out.  Brilliant!

Yes, this exactly! This is something I absolutely loved about the way BJ told his stories.

Bananagirl

QuoteBaby grubb and two other Dibbuns snuck out of bed when the sound of fighting woke them up and decided to help so they went down to the kitchen to find weapons and found some knifes, they made there way over to the east or west wall I can seem to remember   where some of the vermin were throwing graplings hooks with ropes so they could climb the wall, the Dibbuns seeing the vermin started cutting the ropes.
"'aone atwo and a three and away ye do go varmints' Grubb chuckles happily, and away the vermins did go!"
That is one of my favorite parts too, it made me laugh so hard the first time i read it  ;D

martins#1fan

LateRose is locked up in Martin's heart, and there she's bound to stay.

martins#1fan

My favorite moment? Well that would be when Martin gets his Fathers sword back.
( as you can see i'm addicted to Martin. )
I try not to be but it's hard.  ;D ;D

Mariel

@martin: Hey, nothing wrong with that.  After all, he is kind of the main character of the series.

martins#1fan

Quote from: Mariel on June 16, 2011, 07:39:42 PM
@martin: Hey, nothing wrong with that.  After all, he is kind of the main character of the series.
@ Mariel. Ha ha I know I was just kidding, but thanks for the encouragement.

Tiria Wildlough

I like *PEARLS OF LUTRA SPOILER* when Clecky meets the seals. He gets down on his stomach and says, 'Haaaaaaawwm Clecky, that's me chaps, Haaaaaaaawm Clecky!' I laughed outright when I read that!!  :D :D :D
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Osu

Quote from: Tiria Wildlough on July 03, 2011, 10:09:15 AM
I like *PEARLS OF LUTRA SPOILER* when Clecky meets the seals. He gets down on his stomach and says, 'Haaaaaaawwm Clecky, that's me chaps, Haaaaaaaawm Clecky!' I laughed outright when I read that!!  :D :D :D
Ooh I loved the bit where Martin and Co. first met Clecky and Gerul.

"Nothing's dark as the night, me ould ma used to say."
"Really? I bet she used to go on about how bright the flippin' day way, too."

Hahaha! ;D

Captain Tammo

Every time the Long Patrol lets out a massive roar "EULALIA!!!!! S'death in the wind! EULALIA!!!!!" and charge into battle. Especially when
Spoiler
[/b]

The long patrol saves Russa and Tammo and at the end of the long patrol at the great ridge
[close]
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

HashRouge

Quote from: Tiria Wildlough on July 03, 2011, 10:09:15 AM
I'd forgotten about that bit, it's brilliant! I love the "arboreal verdance" bit as well  ;D