gaslight geezers
3 (50%)
vampire voles
0 (0%)
heastward ho
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Lutra

Just finished the first book.  It was a very unusual read, when you try to compare it to similar fantasy novels (Redwall, Mistmantle, etc.).  I did like it but the constant fantasy turns (magic, gryphons, live statues) makes it hard to just stand still it seems.  I almost think the book is on ADHD at certain points.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Orinoco

Quote from: Lutra on November 16, 2012, 11:15:26 PM
Just finished the first book.  It was a very unusual read, when you try to compare it to similar fantasy novels (Redwall, Mistmantle, etc.).  I did like it but the constant fantasy turns (magic, gryphons, live statues) makes it hard to just stand still it seems.  I almost think the book is on ADHD at certain points.

I agree; the books do get pretty...whimsical at times.  ;)

Was anyone as big a fan of Sheriff Falshed as I was? Him and Mawk were my favorite characters (in the first trilogy).
"My turtleneck is irresistible."   - Adam Young

Lutra

I only intend to read the first three books.  From what I can tell, the second three sound like stories about characters, not necessarily part of the storyline.  Kind of like how Ga'Hoole had those three books in the middle that told about the story of Hoole--I skipped those entirely and just wanted to read the storyline.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Redwallfan7

Do they use the same dialogue and accents as the animals in Redwall?
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

phoenixfoden

Lutra,i think you should give the second trilogy a go.i love the way its based around sherlock holmes and how it is set in victorian muggidrear(london)its alot more funny than the first three and has heaps of action!

And redwall fan sorry but the moles dont have the same accents.i think if they did it would be like garry was just copying brian.

Lutra

No visible accents like Redwall where its definitely species specific.  Everyone appears to talk the same, save for the statues.

Quotei love the way its based around sherlock holmes and how it is set in victorian muggidrear(london)its alot more funny than the first three and has heaps of action!

Not sure I want to read weasels as Sherlock Holmes though.  We'll see.....and I found Mawk to be funny enough because he's such a.....weasel. :D
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Tiria Wildlough

One of my favourite characters from the first books is Miniver the finger-weasel.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Lutra

Miniver was kind of forgotten...don't remember her doing much.  The focus was always on Skirf, Mawk, or the real smart one...Woderled.  Can't even remember how to spell his name! :D
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

phoenixfoden

Wodehed.

Bryony bludd from the second trilogy reminds me slightly of mariel.she is able to take care of herself,smart and usualy more eager to fight sveltlana than sylver.sylver was kind of a pushover when it came to her.

Orinoco

I doubt I'll read the second trilogy because I don't think I could cope with some of the characters being named after the originals. Plus, they seem a little...odd (no offence).

phoenixfoden

Odd in what way?just asking

Orinoco

Quote from: phoenixfoden on November 20, 2012, 10:33:28 PM
Odd in what way?just asking

Well, wearing suits, "vampire voles", and is that a canon on the cover of Heastward Ho!?

phoenixfoden

Well the second trilogy is set in the victorian times
at first i was skeptical about it but it is really cool.i love victorian fashion,buildings and objects.
I like the second trilogy more than the first.

Tiria Wildlough

Quote from: Lutra on November 19, 2012, 09:31:35 PM
Miniver was kind of forgotten...don't remember her doing much.  The focus was always on Skirf, Mawk, or the real smart one...Woderled.  Can't even remember how to spell his name! :D
That's a pity...Miniver was really cool.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

phoenixfoden

Do any of you guys have any favorite quotes or moments from welkin weasles?
(i will have the drawing requests in soon)