News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

welkin weasles

Started by phoenixfoden, September 19, 2012, 10:46:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

what is the best welkin weasles book?

thunder oak
0 (0%)
castle storm
1 (16.7%)
windjammer run
2 (33.3%)
gaslight geezers
3 (50%)
vampire voles
0 (0%)
heastward ho
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Lutra

Right now I'm still reading the first triology.  Just about anything Scirf says can be considered a memorable quote.  One that comes off the top of my head: "Dried fish? I'd rather eat Mawk."  Mawk gets good lines too.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Tiria Wildlough

Mawk's very annoying. And what's even more annoying is that he's a lot like me... >:(
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

phoenixfoden

I like this one from vampire voles when spindrick pranked the bank badger saying a shunken head he had given to the actress was the bank badgers granddads.
'have you no heart?'
'she has a heart,'said spindrick,'and also your granddaddys head'.

Lutra

Quote from: Tiria Wildlough on November 22, 2012, 03:41:36 AM
Mawk's very annoying. And what's even more annoying is that he's a lot like me... >:(

Don't feel bad....when I was in my teenage years, I could definitely be called a Mawk-the-doubter.  You eventually grow out of it as you gain confidence and get older and have new experiences to end those worries.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

phoenixfoden

Do any of you guys want to do a welkin weasles roleplay?

Lutra

No time, sorry.  I don't do any roleplaying these days.  I do miss it though.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Lutra

Actually I'll take my last comment back....I'll do one if there are other participants willing to join in.  I'll find some time. :)  I'm kind of itching to take part in some role play.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Skipper

Well I wouldn't mind joining.

phoenixfoden

Ok here some things we need to think about.

Were is it set?
whats the story?
whos the bad guys?
Who are you going to play?

Lutra

I've only read the original triology, not the second one.  Right now I don't intend to read the second one, so if I'm going to participate, I'm familiar with the original island of Welkin.

Story....they always seem to have trouble with rats or forest spirits....maybe that should be a plot line?  A mercenary pirate along the shores?

Bad guys.....Poynt is an obvious choice...Falshed maybe....

Who would I play...dunno....that naive otter, Sleek made me chuckle how clueless and gushy he is.  I think I'd need to play a weasel though.  Mawk maybe....I could ham him up well. :)
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

phoenixfoden

Ok

remember we can have magic.mabey the marsh rats get hold of a powerful sword or wand?

Lutra

Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Orinoco

QuoteDo any of you guys have any favorite quotes or moments from welkin weasles?

Just about any moment with Falshed in it would be my favorite...like when he gets struck by lightning in Windjammer Run and feels empowered by it, or when he sings in the underground tunnel, and of course all his dire threats he made that were never carried out. I just can't help but love anthromorphic villains. :)
"My turtleneck is irresistible."   - Adam Young

phoenixfoden

I like the badgers herk and bare from the second trilogy.they were pretty funny.

Tiria Wildlough

I thought they were dumb and annoying. But they were even worse in the first trilogy.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.