News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Verdauga, 2024

Main Menu

Disney Pixar

Started by Redwallfan7, September 27, 2012, 04:35:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redwallfan7

Anyone else a fan of those movies? I love the animation, characters, and the story lines.What are your favorite ones? I especially love Brave, A Bug's Life, and  Monsters Inc. Oh, and my favorite Pixar characters at Atta, Merida, and Randall ;D. I love Pixar because they have more attitude than the classic Walt Disney animation movies (though I like those movies somewhat) and yet they have enough heart and morals in them for a great storyline. I think the team is great at what they do.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Flurgy Twinj

Yeah, Pixar's movies are great, anybody who doesn't like Toy Story seriously has no soul!

But seriously, they are good movies. I really liked what they did with WALL-E. Considering that he barely spoke, he conveyed more personality and emotion than a lot of other characters I've ever seen and I really got behind the little guy in the end.  :)

I think Up's a great movie as well, the opening sequence to it tears me up every time, it's just so beautifully done.

I haven't seen Brave yet, hoping to get hold of that as soon as it's released on DVD and Blu Ray  ;D
From tummy ache, soretail and sniffs,
From grunge and whisker cramp,
From wobbly paws, and flurgy twinj,
O keep all in this camp.

Wisteria Wild Cat

Gotta love Disney Pixar! Though I still like to sneak off to YouTube and watch the old ones, like The Rescuers, Dumbo and The Lion King.
I liked Bolt, but that got old fast for me. I haven't seen Brave yet, though I heard the animation is incredible. But my three favorites are Monsters Inc, Finding Nemo, and Toy Story. I grew up watching those, and now they have a place in my heart.  ;D
I am so unbelievably busy at the moment, (BECAUSE I'M MOVING!!!) if you need me, which you most likely won't, PM me!

W0NWILL

My favourite Pixar move? Monster's INC. It's simple and funny, with a great storyline.

redwallgurl

I love Disney Pixar especially Finding Nemo and Toy Story
Fun. is a fantastic band.

Wisteria Wild Cat

This is quite sad, but when I was younger I loved Buzz and Woody, well, really I was obsessed with Toy Story. My Mom said I watched it everyday, or almost at least. I still have my Buzz and Woody toys, to this day. All those years later, which I find crazy.
I am so unbelievably busy at the moment, (BECAUSE I'M MOVING!!!) if you need me, which you most likely won't, PM me!

Lutra

Disney/Pixar has had a winning record in making films, many making back their (very expensive) production costs and beyond.  They actually made their first real bomb with Cars 2, and even Brave wasn't that great by their standards (I sure didn't like it much).  They are going to have a hard time beating one of my favorites...Wall-E, largely because you are forced to watch and engage rather than listen to babble for most of the film.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Redwallfan7

Quote from: Wisteria Wild Cat on September 27, 2012, 06:53:53 PM
Gotta love Disney Pixar! Though I still like to sneak off to YouTube and watch the old ones, like The Rescuers, Dumbo and The Lion King.
I liked Bolt, but that got old fast for me. I haven't seen Brave yet, though I heard the animation is incredible. But my three favorites are Monsters Inc, Finding Nemo, and Toy Story. I grew up watching those, and now they have a place in my heart.  ;D
I forgot how good those movies are. A Bug's Life is really hilarious
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Capn Greypatch

Quote from: Wisteria Wild Cat on September 28, 2012, 12:33:09 AM
This is quite sad, but when I was younger I loved Buzz and Woody, well, really I was obsessed with Toy Story. My Mom said I watched it everyday, or almost at least. I still have my Buzz and Woody toys, to this day. All those years later, which I find crazy.

Toy Story was  my favourite Disney movie too! Actually, it probably still is.
And I also still have my Buzz and Woody toys tucked away somewhere... in my closet I believe... Are you sure we aren't the same people? :)

Actually, I am slightly ashamed to admit it, but Toy Story 3 was also the last movie I got teary-eyed watching...why did Andy have to grow up? :'(

Disney Pixar has sure made some classics over the years.
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing". - George Bernard Shaw

Rainshadow

Man, I cried at the end of so many of those movies!  Toy Story 3, Monsters Inc., Brave (yes, yes, I did cry at the end of that one), and so many more that I can't think of at the moment.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Flurgy Twinj

Quote from: Lutra on September 28, 2012, 01:05:45 AMThey are going to have a hard time beating one of my favorites...Wall-E, largely because you are forced to watch and engage rather than listen to babble for most of the film.

I couldn't have put that better myself  :)

Toy Story 3 was still excellent though. Anybody who didn't feel emotional at the end of it literally has a heart of stone. I'm an older guy myself but it really reminded me of when I was growing up and had to finally part ways with some of my favourite childhood toys.  :(
From tummy ache, soretail and sniffs,
From grunge and whisker cramp,
From wobbly paws, and flurgy twinj,
O keep all in this camp.

Wisteria Wild Cat

Wall-E was a really good one! So was How to Train Your Dragon, and, well, most if  not all of their movies are good.

Rainshadow

How to Train Your Dragon!  That's another movie that the first time I watched it I nearly cried at the end of it.  I loved the very, very end, y'know, the narration.  But I didn't like what happened to Hiccup.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Wisteria Wild Cat

Quote from: Rainshadow on September 28, 2012, 10:10:04 PM
  How to Train Your Dragon!  That's another movie that the first time I watched it I nearly cried at the end of it.  I loved the very, very end, y'know, the narration.  But I didn't like what happened to Hiccup.
That was so weird! I did not expect that. It was a good little twist, but not the best thing that could have happened.

Redwallfan7

I can't wait for Monsters University (Monsters Inc 2)! mainly because of Randall. Not until next summer though.