Started by Tam and Martin, September 30, 2012, 12:56:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which of these books do you like the best

Pearls of Lutra
The Long Patrol
Marlfox
Taggerung

Rainshadow

That was the saddest part in the book to me!  I nearly cried the first time I read that. :(
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Redwallfan7

Is it weird that I ddin't recall that part?
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: Rainshadow on October 03, 2012, 05:34:18 PM
  That was the saddest part in the book to me!  I nearly cried the first time I read that. :(

Same here.....like when I read about Rose in the last battle in the book Martin the Warrior.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Redwallfan7

Quote from: Leatho Shellhound on October 03, 2012, 11:10:24 PM
Quote from: Rainshadow on October 03, 2012, 05:34:18 PM

Same here.....like when I read about Rose in the last battle in the book Martin the Warrior.
I kind of have to admit Badrang is cool... no offense. Skalrag is too
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

GeminyaTome

I went with The Long Patrol, on the pole, but I also really liked Taggerung and Marlfox. It's sometimes hard choosing a favorite..... sigh
Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God. For a thousand years in thy sight are but as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch in the night.

Psalm 90:2,4

Dreamer

of those, I like the long patrol the best.
~Dreamer~

WildDoogyPlumm

Marlfox.  The plot (the tapestry being taken to a faraway island, and a few kids trying to get it back) was unique, and the characters were well-designed (but when are they not, really?).
"Guid warriors cannae rest 'til those dirty slayers are paid out in steel for their crimes, ye ken?" - Doogy

LittleRobin

Mine also Taggerung and that is my top favorite.

FunBoy

I have read all these books, but I like Pearls of Lutra very much. I really enjoyed it the first time I read it, and after rereading it, it holds up better than most of the others from the series.

Dreamer

~Dreamer~

phoenixfoden

Cheesethief

the only one i haven't read yet is taggerung but the other three are some of my favorites in the series. id have to go with long patrol followed closely by pearls

Tam and Martin

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Sailears

Woah, where did you dig this up from? :o

Tough choice.
I love the Long Patrol because of all the awesome hares, so I voted for that.
Taggerung would be my second choice because of well done characters and a very personal story rather than large battles.

Pearls has an awesome "sidequest" - Tansy, Arven, Piknim and Craklyn are amazing. However I found the "main story" to be a bit dull - I will say I find Grath Longfletch to be a boring, one-dimensional character. Then Martin II is the generic warrior mouse, and Clecky/Gerul while fun are far from the most captivating characters in the series.

I don't rate Marlfox highly to be honest. Overall it is a well constructed story and fun to read. However Redwall feels completely abandoned, and while I like the main cast, I don't find them to be amazing. Janglur Swifteye and Cregga are probably the only two characters I can think of that I properly like in that book.
My ears, how are you, wot!

Captain Tammo

The Long Patrol is my favorite book. In my head, I see Tammo as one of those extras you'd see mentioned in another book with an untold story. He was never overpowered or even weilded matin's sword, yet he was a simple hare who learned to be a warrior and that makes him special. By adding characters like Russa Nodrey, Sabertache and Russano, Brian found himself looking at one awesome story!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior