News:

Moderator activity in progress. Please, be patient. ~ Sincerely, The Staff

Main Menu

The user name Above Me

Started by Leatho Shellhound, October 01, 2012, 05:24:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skyblade

Thanks! :) I like yours too; it reminds me of... deep and thoughtful things. It has a strong pull towards nature.

Mine's based off Rawnblade the badger's own monicker. I used "Sky" because I like it :DDD

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Banya

You took it and made it your own. That's really cool.  I like 'Rawnblade' as well.
I like that you said mine has a strong pull toward nature. Thanks.

LT Sandpaw

Banya sounds like a character from the series but I can't for the life of me remember. A neat name with interesting sound, I like it because it is similar to my second choice as a profile name which was Casta, I went with Sandpaw instead because I wanted the name for RPing.

Quote from: CaptainRocktree on February 24, 2015, 02:02:56 AM

I like Sandpaw, He is a cool character! But wasn't he a Colonel?
Actually no, The name originated from the warriors stories, the one about cats, I then heard a similar name, not completely the same in one of Brian's books. I liked the sound and it worked with many franchises as a go too name.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

The Skarzs

Definitely a name I would expect to see in one of Brian's books; the rank fits the name.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

LT Sandpaw

Thx,

Sooo here's someone I want to ask where their name originated, Its sounds strange and yet gives off a good light, very creative with the different spelling as well. So where did it come from?

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

MatthiasMan

No I don't want to shake your hand. I'm fine with my nicely washed and clean hands.

Cornflower MM

MatthiasMan. . . . . Very cool! Slightly mysterious sounding, too.

Banya

Søren

For the longest time, I thought it was Bayna for some reason. :P

I'm retired from the forum

Banya

I remember those days.

Soren the owl + Martin the Warrior, I presume.  My brother read the Ga'Hoole books, so I know most of the characters. 
It's kind of funny, because owls eat mice, but we're going to ignore that technicality.

Luftwaffles

It seems like an interesting character, although I thought it was a Russian name :P
~Please be sure to join us if ever you are passing~.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

Banya

Your name amuses me since you told me you now have a cat named Sierra.  It's a cute name for a cat.

^Banya is actually the Russian word for sauna or steam bath, I discovered not long ago.

James Gryphon

I'm still having a wee bit of trouble pronouncing your name; I get the "ny" or "ñ" part, but I'm not sure about the a's. A as in yacht, or band, or something else?
« Subject to editing »

Hickory

It's like the one in yacht, right Bayna?  ;D
Gryphon. Do you like us calling you Games Jryphon?
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Banya

Thanks for the assistance, Tibby Tub Tub.
Did you know... our usernames are from the same book?

@James: A as in 'yacht,' but if you pronounce it like the A in 'band,' it won't bother me, as long as it's kept short.  No A as in 'crayon' business.