News:

Moderator activity in progress. Please, be patient. ~ Sincerely, The Staff

Main Menu

Doctor Who Thread (Rebooted Series or Doctors 9+)

Started by AxeHound, October 15, 2012, 04:16:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rainshadow

Ah, yeah, I watched it live (first time I've done that for a Doctor Who episode :D).  It was really good!
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Buzz_Bumble

Quote from: Lily on April 15, 2013, 01:49:34 AM
How are you guys liking Clara so far?

season 7.2 in case someone hasn't seen the new stuff yet
I was a bit worried they were going to play up the romance angle between her and The Doctor, but so far it seems OK. I actually really like her.
[close]

I don't know that's really a "spoiler", but anyway ...
Spoiler
There was an article in the local TV Guide here in New Zealand where Jenna-Louise Coleman said that basically because her character doesn't remember the previous meetings, their relationship has had to start again each time. The inferred idea is that it will grow into something more, but it's unlikely to be an actual romantic relationship since the Doctor is technically married to River (although it's now a bit confused where and what timeline that was in).
[close]

Rainshadow

Hmm, I wonder if they'll meet up with River some time in the future...  Or past.  ;)
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Firehawke

I would love if that happened!

I'm pretty pleased with the character, too!
The knitting, crochecting, Zoo Tycoon playing, frog loving member!

Firehawke

What do you guys think about...

just announced info
The name for the last episode of series 7???  The Name of the Doctor.  You know it's going to be good...and River's back!!!  And how about the 50th anniversary info---David Tennant and Billie Piper coming back?!?!?!  And Jemma Redgrave, too!  Can't wait to see it!
[close]

Buzz_Bumble

Spoiler
Steven Moffat said a while back that this season would reveal the Doctor's greatest secret ... but we'll have to wait and see whether it actually happens or is somehow twisted to not fully do so.

Here's an unexciting spy photo from the filming of the 50th Anniversary special that someone posted on the internet:

[close]

We just had the episode with the singing to the old God play here in New Zealand, and next week is the submarine episode.  :)

By the way, it's not a "rebooted" series ... it's simply resurrecting and continuing the series after a long break.  Idiotic "reboots" start again and make lots of ridiculous changes until they are barely recognisable as having anything to do with the original (they're in-name-only gabage).

Firehawke

Love the pic!!!

And I second your words about "reboots"!

Rainshadow

I can't wait for Journey to the Centre of the TARDIS!!!  I've been wondering what all the different rooms of the TARDIS look like.  The only time you really get to see it (from my little knowledge ;)) is when

That episode with Idris that I can't remember the name of
Rory and Amy are being chased through it.
[close]

Maudie

i probably sound stupid but who and what is Doctor Who?  ???
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

psybox

It's a TV show about a time traveling alien, that is all you need to know.

Rainshadow

Quote from: Rainshadow on April 18, 2013, 12:33:01 AM
Quote from: Redwaller on April 17, 2013, 09:03:58 PM
Could someone explain to me what exactly is Doctor Who?

*Ahem*  Another way of explaining it would be Wonwill's way:

Quote from: W0NWILL on August 28, 2012, 09:07:04 PM
Okay, it's epic. And awesome. And epicer. I love it. It follows the story of the Doctor, who is an alien called a timelord. He always has a human female companion. He is immortal, though he can die. When it's time for him to die, he reincarnates, though he has to be on the Tardis (his spaceship) so that's how he would die-not being on the Tardis. To understand it, you have to watch it. It's on Netflix, and Netflix has a free trial.

Tardis:

Three latest doctors:

9th:

10th:

11th:

As you can see, I'm a big fan. ;D

You're welcome.  ;D

Maudie

"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Rainshadow

There are much better pictures of them.  ;)  And that's not even all the Doctors!  There's 11 of them.

The Doctors

Lol, sorry, but that pic of 4 just makes me crack up every time.  ;D

[close]

Buzz_Bumble

You missed the Peter Cushing Doctor as well ... although there's still only 11 regenerations of the Doctor.  :)

Quotei probably sound stupid but who and what is Doctor Who?  Huh
It's a TV show about a time traveling alien, that is all you need to know.

You also need to at least know that it's a British TV series, so for Americans it only plays on a particular network you may not be able to watch.

QuoteI've been wondering what all the different rooms of the TARDIS look like.

The TARDIS is basically infinitely big (on the inside) and has infinite rooms, plus they can be reconfigured and moved around ... so you'll never see "all the different room".  :)

Rainshadow

Quote from: Buzz_Bumble on April 22, 2013, 10:41:12 PM
QuoteI've been wondering what all the different rooms of the TARDIS look like.

The TARDIS is basically infinitely big (on the inside) and has infinite rooms, plus they can be reconfigured and moved around ... so you'll never see "all the different room".  :)

Haha, well, I'd at least like to see the library and the swimming pool.  ;)