Doctor Who Thread (Rebooted Series or Doctors 9+)

Started by AxeHound, October 15, 2012, 04:16:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firehawke

The GI actually makes a few appearances in the classic eps, too!

Has anyone else watched this?!?!?!?

who's on!!!
Love the return of Paul McGann!!!
[close]

Only nine more days!!!  My family's been loving watching the countdown they are doing on Twitter!
The knitting, crochecting, Zoo Tycoon playing, frog loving member!

Lily

I've been looking forward to the 50th anniversary episode, obviously, but I just couldn't seem to muster up the same enthusiasm as every one else. I haven't really had my mind blown by Doctor Who since series five, the most recent stuff just hasn't done it for me.

Having said that... I watched The Night of the Doctor and now I am INCREDIBLY EXCITED.

The Night of the Doctor
I was not expecting Paul McGann to come back! I think I remember someone saying that he wasn't going to be featured in any of the 50th anniversary stuff, and yet BAM, there he was, just as snarky as ever. I loved that mini episode, I only wish it could have been a full-length episode.

[close]

Firehawke

I agree about wanting it to be a full length episode!!!!!!

Taggerung_of_Redwall

So...I stopped watching after season 6. Nor have I kept up with any news outside the show about anything whatsoever...so, how've the years been? :P

I've been wondering for a good three years about the 50th anniversary...and it's now here. Anyway, it's nice to see McGann as the Doctor. I always liked him, afterall, even though he has such a very short time of being cast as the Doctor. And I hear Tennant is back? And Piper? Well...shaping up to be quite a reunion...
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Rainshadow

If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Norham Waterpaw

Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

Rainshadow

If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Firehawke

Norham Waterpaw

Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

Firehawke

My family can't wait!  The only other TV watching we're planning on doing on Saturday is the Husker football game (and that we'll start watching late)...going to watch stuff on BBCA and classic DW on DVD...why can't it be the weekend yet?!?!?!?

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Norham Waterpaw

MeadowR

Just played the Google game! Was a bit frustrating that the controls didn't necessarily follow where I wanted to go using the arrow keys! I 'died' so many times in the last level! :D

I'm working on a Doctor Who picture at the mo. :3

I haven't really watched many of the modern series. I did watch most of the Chris Ecclestons and my favourite episode was the one set during the war with the ghost boy... creepy! Back when I were a tiddler I watched the older series, but haven't seen them in yeaaars and would like to see them again sometime. :)

So even though I don't keep up loads with the modern Who, I still realise that it is quite special. :D
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Firehawke

Brave heart, Whovians...tomorrow is the day!  How should you spend today?  Well, you could visit a junk yard, check out a classic car (which I love doing!), eat some jelly babies, listening to recorder music, watch some magic tricks, or maybe drink so carrot juice.  Whatever you do, don't drink potions created by old ladies in the middle of a war!
So, say "Geronimo" to today and "Alons y" to tomorrow...it's going to be a fantastic day!

Now, here's a fun thing for you guys to do...there are references to each Doctor (not including the war Doctor) it what I just typed...can you figure them all out???

Hope you guys all enjoy the special!!!

Rainshadow

I think I figured out some of them, but I'll put 'em in spoilers in case everyone else wants a go.

My guesses
  2:  "Listening to recorder music"
 4:  "Eat some jelly babies"
 9:  "It's going to be a fantastic day!"
 10:  "Allons-y"
 11:  "Geronimo"
[close]

Other than that, I'm pretty clueless.  :P