News:

Moderator activity in progress. Please, be patient. ~ Sincerely, The Staff

Main Menu

Doctor Who Thread (Rebooted Series or Doctors 9+)

Started by AxeHound, October 15, 2012, 04:16:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rachel25

I liked the latest episode, but then again, its the first I've ever seen.  I really enjoyed it, and can't wait to watch the next one.  ;D

Firehawke

The knitting, crochecting, Zoo Tycoon playing, frog loving member!

The Mask

Yeah it does.
Spoiler
@Han: That was Missy. That is all that is known about her. I suspect a cat fight between her and River Song.
@Jet and Rain: Yes, they're gonna work that in! That's why Capaldi said " I've seen this face before, where have I seen this face before?"
[close]
I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

" I will burn the heart out of you." Moriarty, Sherlock

Jetthebinturong

Okay so I found the end of Into the Dalek incredibly creepy, anyone else?
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Mister Cheese

How would someone with no netflix or good Internet streaming ability get into this show

Jetthebinturong

Um, watch it on tv? It's on BBC America if you're American and BBC1 if you're English (don't know what it is anywhere else) but since you've missed Deep Breath and Into the Dalek, you'd be starting on the third episode of the eighth series. It doesn't really matter if you haven't seen the previous seven series but you should try and find reruns of the first two episodes of this one

The Mask

And ABC1 in Australia. Into the Dalek isn't out here yet! So no spoilers without boxes okay?
I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

Rainshadow

Well, lemme just say that I enjoyed Into the Dalek.  That much I can say without spoilers, right?  ;)

Into the Dalek
  I totally called that they'd somehow be shrinking themselves to go inside the Dalek.  I was shocked, however, with how cold the Doctor was in this episode.  I understand that he's a new Doctor and they're trying to make him more alien, but how he was just totally fine killing a man, then later not even caring that others had died?  That's gonna take me awhile to get used to.  I'm really glad he had Clara there to slap him and make him care.  He really needs that.

On another topic, who thinks that Missy and "heaven" are a bit strange?  I'm quite confused as to what that part of the story is.  Part of me wants to say she's River Song, another says she's a villain, and the rest is still going, "Huh?"  Lol, all I know for sure is that she makes me think of Mary Poppins.  A sorta creepy Mary Poppins.
[close]
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

The Mask

Yep seen it.

Spoiler
Well through out the build up, Moffat and others have been saying that this Doctor is one of the darkest. And it's true. He was shocking in Into the Dalek. And I find it interesting how is a 'good dalek'. And he is, the prejudice he shows towards them and the want to always destroy them.

I've got a hunch of what Missy is about. I can see the Doctor and Clara going to heaven and the people he's killed pass judgement on him and some sorta trial. :o
[close]

Jetthebinturong

I have a feeling Robot of Sherwood will go down in history as one of the worst episodes of all time.

Did anyone actually like it?

Rainshadow

Wait, you've already seen it?  For me, it doesn't air till this evening!
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Jetthebinturong

Rainshadow

Oh, yeah.  Duh.  Lol, Doctor Who doesn't air till 6 here, and currently it's 12:44.  Ugh.  So I'll probably be avoiding this thread now so I don't give into the temptation of reading spoilers that people may post.  (I can never avoid opening those spoiler boxes.  Curiosity just kills me, and I'm not even a cat!  ::))

The Mask

I watched it last night and then the special, The Ultimate Doctor. Again I'll put it in spoilers.
Robot of Sherwood
Well. That was an...interesting story. I didn't particularly enjoy it. Not much really happened. I mean the spoon-sword fight was pretty cool.That's about it. I was hoping for a Missy scene but ah well.
[close]

Series Theories
Who is Missy? I just had some random ideas so I thought I would bounce them off you guys.

A regeneration of the Master! It would fit with the name, Missy seems awfully similar to Master; almost a nickname.

Future Clara! The only thing we know about the series about the finale involving Missy is a line about someone saying someone betrayed their trust. Who else could betray the Doctor's trust so much than Clara?! Also it would account for the 'girlfriend-boyfriend' thing.

A future Doctor! Similar reasons to above. Maybe Missy and the Doctor have already met and Missy did something terrible?
[close]

Firehawke

The knitting, crochecting, Zoo Tycoon playing, frog loving member!