I have forever!
never
I did, then school, then homeschooled
School, Homeschool,School
School, then Homeschooled from then on
Homeschooled, then school from then on

Lutra

Quote from: The Shade on August 06, 2013, 12:35:15 PM
Me too. Who isn't homeschooled on this forum? Disincluding the mods ;)

I think I said it back on page 2 somewhere, I went through public schools and turned out ok. ;)  A public education doesn't automatically mean that you're always at a disadvantage.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

The Shade

Oh no, I didn't mean that  :-\
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

BadgerLordFiredrake

Both is even better, IMO.  ;) The best of both worlds.  And not all public schools are bad.
baby turtle forever

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Aye, aboot 5% o' zem are actually okay. Ze ozer 95% zough...Ach!
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Faiyloe

I have been home schooled all my life and I am in high school now.  ;D
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Redwaller

I'm doing my 10th Grade(Dunno what you call it in English)

rachel25

Neither do I,
I know nothing about schools

Kera Thorn Bladewind

I've been homeschooled my whole life, and I know absolutely nothing about public schools, but I think it might be fun to go for a while, but I like my freedom, so...

Maudie

I'll be going to seminary when I'm 14, which is sort of a public school thing, but more like a thing my church does.
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Quote from: Kera Thorn Bladewind on August 10, 2013, 03:18:59 PM
I've been homeschooled my whole life, and I know absolutely nothing about public schools, but I think it might be fun to go for a while, but I like my freedom, so...

Funny 'ov viz 'omezchoolin' tiz freedom vhile viz public zchoolin' tiz imprizonment!
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

winifred

Sherlock
Doctor Who
Beyond the Western Deep
Mouseguard
Ranger's Apprentice
Lord of the Rings
The Chronicles of Narnia
The Book Thief
Harry Potter
Percy Jackson
:D
And many many more...

Emperor Ublaz

Homeschooling is great!!!!

:-X
Myst is the best puzzle game EVER!!!

You can win by losing. Jesus did.

Why are you looking
So intently at the beans
While they are sleeping?
               --haiku by me

Linux is GREAT!!!

davers84

I went to a private school. I will say I highly regret it. I feel not having been in a public school literally ruined me as a teenager. It made me socially awkward and my first job was incredibly hard socially because I didn't know how to interact with strangers and my school never taught us the "how to". There are definitely advantages of going to private schools/being home schooled, but I feel the disadvantages definitely out-weigh it.

As for people thinking that all homeschooled kids are "not as smart", that's just hilarious. Some of the smartest people I know were either homeschooled or went to private schools. A lot of people think homeschooling is a bad experience, but I think it depends on your situation and what is at your disposal. I came out pretty good. I got a state high school diploma (my school was recognized as a legit private school by the state of Illinois), scored a 26 on my ACTs, and got accepted into college pretty easily. But like I said, when it comes to social interactions, I was a noob. I'm much better at human socialization 11 years later, but my teenage years (especially taking driver's ed at the local high school) were absolutely brutal to me :(

rachel25

Thank You brilliant person  :)
Home-schooling is wonderful I think if I had gone to school I properly not have turned up most of the time I would just find it imposable I love being out side and I get a headache if I work on anything to long and my mum used to be a teacher so she is great at teaching me and my brothers (and sister but she's at collage now and my oldest brothers has finished collage has a job but only because my mum helped him through a hard time in his life)  :) 

Leatho Shellhound

I think home-schooling made me more social, just b/c I had to work harder to make friends.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner