News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

Homeschoolers?

Started by Gonff, July 07, 2011, 01:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do/Have you homeschooled?

I have forever!
never
I did, then school, then homeschooled
School, Homeschool,School
School, then Homeschooled from then on
Homeschooled, then school from then on

BlueRose

Quote from: rachel25 on January 18, 2014, 04:25:38 PM
Quote from: BlueRose on January 17, 2014, 03:07:22 AM
Quote from: rachel25 on January 16, 2014, 04:41:35 PM
I'd like to do that, I find things like that interesting. I like learning about different places, and such.
I also like learning practical things, like textiles, which I am very good at.  ;D 

Textiles are cool! I'm a handicrafts person too. Sorta. It's kinda like 'Oooh, what if I use my immense amounts of embroidery thread to do... Idunno, let's try this!'

I don't like to knit or crochet... Cross-stitch is pretty fun, though, and actually using a sewing machine doesn't bother me. I made myself a cloak in 7th grade.
Cool, my favorite type of textiles is felting. I especially like needle felting.
I made myself a huge bag, and I made a wall hanging, amongst other things. and I'm making a redwall quilt.  :)

A Redwall quilt? Cool!!! *suddenly wants a Redwall quilt... *
Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

Bitterly jittery, and not very glittery.

rachel25

Yeah, it's a quilt version of the Redwall map, but progress is slow, very slow.  :D I'm thinking about posting pics of it, on here, when I've got more done of it.  :)

BlueRose

Wow!!! I'd never even thought of doing something that craftsy! It sounds so cool! You absolutely have to post pictures, because I really want to see!
Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

rachel25

Yeah, I've only got one, and a bit panels done. I at least want to finish the second one before posting pics.  :) Its a good thing my mum is helping me with it, or I wouldn't have got even that done.

BlueRose

Haha. Yeah, most things like that require help from someone older. I can't sew without my mom's help to save my life. :P

rachel25

I'm alright at sewing, but I only do it at my textiles class.  ::)

BlueRose

You get a textiles class? Lucky. I'm actually trying to learn how to sew by myself...

Leatho Shellhound

I sew, just b/c I find it's useful. But I don't do it as part of my school.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

BlueRose

Heh. I use it to get out of school. :P

Nah, not really. I love school. I'm working on a pattern for a stuffed animal right now. Anyone have patterns for a camel plushie? Or a dragon?

321tumbler

On the subject of textiles, I volunteer at a Caolonial Plantation (which counts towards school) and they have a peg loom which I have woven on. I also card wool, use the drop spindle and spin on the proper time period spinning wheel.

BlueRose

That sounds so cool! I've always wanted to try old-fashion-y stuff like that! I went to a Shaker village near my sister's house once, and the people there were using big looms and stuff. I wanted to try them out really bad, but we weren't allowed. :'(

rachel25

Quote from: BlueRose on January 18, 2014, 08:44:54 PM
You get a textiles class? Lucky. I'm actually trying to learn how to sew by myself...
Yeah, I actually live right next to where I go for my class.  ;D

BlueRose

Wow. I live in the middle of nowhere, so there aren't any places to take lessons.

Faiyloe

On the subject of textiles I do crochet. I made a Redwall mouse plushy.

Spoiler
[close]
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

BlueRose

Kawaii! It's so adorable!