Moderator activity in progress. Please, be patient. ~ Sincerely, The Staff

Main Menu

some books you redwallers may like!

Started by phoenixfoden, October 20, 2012, 06:23:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phoenixfoden

here is a list of some i like!

welkin weasles by garry kilworth
walter moers zamonia books(the 13 and a half lives of captain bluebear is very recomended!)

i will have more soon!

Wot Wot

I like;
The cure by Michael Coleman
The great gatsby by something Fitzgerald
David copper field by Charles dickens
The mystery of Edwin drood by Charlie dickens

phoenixfoden

rumo by walter moers is the best book i have ever read!

Redwallfan7

I wish that books like Redwall and the Welkin Weasels were more popular. I looked for a Welkin weasels book at a bookstore, and they didn't have the author's name or the title, and the woman at the register gave me a weird look. People just can't handle the fact that those books are sophisticated.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

phoenixfoden

Quote from: Redwallfan7 on October 24, 2012, 01:14:40 AM
I wish that books like Redwall and the Welkin Weasels were more popular. I looked for a Welkin weasels book at a bookstore, and they didn't have the author's name or the title, and the woman at the register gave me a weird look. People just can't handle the fact that those books are sophisticated.
try second hand book stores.thats where i got mine. and as for the woman behind the counter, well she can GET STUFFED!!!!!ahem!

Redwallfan7

Quote from: phoenixfoden on October 24, 2012, 01:25:29 AM
Quote from: Redwallfan7 on October 24, 2012, 01:14:40 AM
try second hand book stores.thats where i got mine. and as for the woman behind the counter, well she can GET STUFFED!!!!!ahem!
ok, and right on :D
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

phoenixfoden

i get alot of those people myself.you just want to scream at them.

Redwallfan7

Quote from: phoenixfoden on October 24, 2012, 01:37:55 AM
i get alot of those people myself.you just want to scream at them.
True, very true. That won't stop us from loving them though!

phoenixfoden

you should look up walter moers zamonia series. more like welkin weasles than redwall.does his own illistrations to!

Redwallfan7

phoenixfoden

it says in the front cover he is a lot of things like a cartoonist, painter and many others i cant remember.

Redwallfan7

Quote from: phoenixfoden on October 24, 2012, 02:36:57 AM
it says in the front cover he is a lot of things like a cartoonist, painter and many others i cant remember.
Have you read the wind in the willows? Thats similar to Redwall

phoenixfoden

i am a HUGE fan. badger is my favorite. a guy with a french name illistrated one i read,it was beutiful.

Redwallfan7

I like otter and badger, I'm currently reading it

phoenixfoden