News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

guess that warcry ;D

Started by Veil Sixclaw, October 20, 2012, 09:40:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thomas Barkshield

Pretty much universal cry of goodbeasts everywhere (providing you don't have a better one ;)).

I have a tricky one: Prime Numberrrrrrrrrr!

Rusvul

Uhhhh... I have absolutely no idea whatsoever.

AWOOOOOOO, YOWLOOOOOO! FEAR THE BLADE DANCER!

Thomas Barkshield

Its Rainshadows, you can find it in one of the forum games. Yours is Rusvul the sabres, I think.

KitrallStreamrippler

I am positively stunned that you guys didn't know about the Alamo. It was a mission that was later used as a fort in the Texas Revolution. It was occupied by Mexican soldiers but then taken over by the revolutionaries. General Santa Anna attacked on February 23, 1836. The defenders would not surrender, and held out for 13 days before they were defeated. Among them was Jim Bowie and Davy Crockett. "Remember the Alamo" became a warcry to honor the brave volunteers who held fast until there was not as single one of them left standing. (Whew. Sorry for the history lesson, but I get really passionate about certain events. :))
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

Thomas Barkshield

I'm not very patriotic to the U.S., cause Im canadian.

Rusvul

Quote from: KitrallStreamrippler on April 14, 2013, 04:12:45 AM
I am positively stunned that you guys didn't know about the Alamo. It was a mission that was later used as a fort in the Texas Revolution. It was occupied by Mexican soldiers but then taken over by the revolutionaries. General Santa Anna attacked on February 23, 1836. The defenders would not surrender, and held out for 13 days before they were defeated. Among them was Jim Bowie and Davy Crockett. "Remember the Alamo" became a warcry to honor the brave volunteers who held fast until there was not as single one of them left standing. (Whew. Sorry for the history lesson, but I get really passionate about certain events. :))
I don't mind the history lesson :D. History lessons are awesome when they're not like done in the most boring possible way. I had not seen your "Remember the Alamo" warcry post. Did you know that there was a dude, an old veteran, who left the alamo before the battle? Davy Crockett was like: "Right, I won't force anybody to stay here. All of you are free to walk away, but if you do, you'll be a coward, and you know it. And the old veteran walked away. This was going to be the last battle he would fight in, before retiring, and he knew he would probably get killed. He had a family, he didn't want to leave them alone.

KitrallStreamrippler

Quote from: Thomas Barkshield on April 14, 2013, 06:50:27 AM
I'm not very patriotic to the U.S., cause Im canadian.
Agh... Why do I not think? *turns bright red* In a desperate attempt to salvage some dignity: Well, it's still a pretty famous battle...

@ Rusvul: I heard about something like that, but I didn't know it was an old veteran though. That's cool that he did that- he was seen as a coward, but he still went home to stay with his family.
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

Leatho Shellhound

I know, he put his family first.

Anyway, back on topic

Swords of Freedommm!!!!!!
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Rusvul

The Swords of Freedom warcry?
Err... I WILL FOLLOW YOU TO THE END OF YOUR DAYS!!!! TO THE END OF YOUR DAYS!!!!!!

Thomas Barkshield

I believe that is what orlando the axe cries as he gets to his wrecked home.

Rusvul

Correct! Now, how about....WHUMPWHUMPWHUMP!! Firjak Greenstone!

Kitsune

Those squirrels in Triss?
Anyway, I know about the Alamo! You're not alone.

Uh, Cluny Cluny Cluny! Kill Kill Kill!

AnnaofRedwall

Cluny's Horde...
For Narniaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! (it's kinda obvious, i know)
I hate it when a package says 'easy open' and you need a scissors, a knife, a crowbar, a gun, and a light-saber to open it.

Ungatt Trunn

Narnia!

"Ungatt Trunn! Trunn! Trunn! Kill, kill, kill!"

Life is too short to rush through it.

Rusvul

Swartt Sixclaw's horde. How about, ENDEAVOR!!