News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Verdauga, 2024

Main Menu

The video game topic

Started by Matthias720, June 15, 2011, 07:26:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dawnwing

I've been hearing a lot of people talk about Lord of the Rings Online lately. What exactly do you do in the game?  Is it free-to-play?

Dannflower Reguba

Twiglight Princess
Welllllp...... I killed Zant..... For the first time.... I wonder how many times you have to kill him. He seems a bit too easy though, I never dropped below half health (if even). How much is left to the game? Because I really want to finish all of the side quests, but I don't know how to get to the gold guy and I don't know if the bridge is back yet so I'm not sure whether stopping in those two places is worth my time yet.
[close]
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Shadowed One

Quote from: Dawnwing on October 21, 2013, 03:30:54 AM
I've been hearing a lot of people talk about Lord of the Rings Online lately. What exactly do you do in the game?  Is it free-to-play?
Yes, it is an MMO, and has a free to play, which is what I do. It is based on the Lotr books, which means it has places such as the Old Forest and the Barrow Downs that aren't mentioned in the book. It is very fun, and I am really enjoying it.
Quote from: Rainshadow on October 21, 2013, 02:15:00 AM
  Lemme see...  Eldanna (level 52 elf warden), Alreenia (level 30 elf loremaster), Ellowynne (level 27 (I believe) human burglar), Sorrinn (level 11 dwarf runekeeper), and one other that I can't think of at the moment.  All on Firefoot, of course.  ;)
Who do you play as most?
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

"I'm languishing in heroic obscurity!"-Doc

Rainshadow

@Dawn:  It's a great game.  Let's just say that.  You can play free to play, or, to get things like the gold cap unlocked and to get more areas, you could go VIP, but it isn't necessary.  You earn Turbine Points while playing, which allows you to buy things like the riding skill (which means you can ride horses, ponies, and goats), you can buy new areas, cosmetic gear, swift travel (pretty much that means teleporting from one area to another via horse stables.  You can ride there by normal travel, but that takes much longer.), etc.  It's a very fun, but slightly confusing (at first) game.

@Shadow:  I play mostly as Ellowynne and Sorrinn (well, at the moment), and have kinda left Eldanna somewhere in Moria.  I haven't touched Alreenia in ages, due to the fact that I played her with a friend, but we restarted 'cause we hated our characters.  And then I can't even remember my fifth character, which obviously tells ya that I don't play that 'un often.  ;)
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Norham Waterpaw

Quote from: danflorreguba on October 21, 2013, 03:38:57 AM
Twiglight Princess
Welllllp...... I killed Zant..... For the first time.... I wonder how many times you have to kill him. He seems a bit too easy though, I never dropped below half health (if even). How much is left to the game? Because I really want to finish all of the side quests, but I don't know how to get to the gold guy and I don't know if the bridge is back yet so I'm not sure whether stopping in those two places is worth my time yet.
[close]

For the first time? You have a ways to go.
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

Rainshadow

@Dan:  What temple did you beat?  'Cause I think you might fight Zant a couple of times, but I can't totally remember.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Norham Waterpaw

Yeah, me neither. I thought you fought him several times, or am I thinking of Ghirahim?  :P
Gah! I don't know!
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

Rainshadow

Quote from: Norham Waterpaw on October 22, 2013, 01:07:17 AM
Yeah, me neither. I thought you fought him several times, or am I thinking of Ghirahim?  :P
Gah! I don't know!

Ho boy, you fight Ghirahim like, every other boss!  ::)

Norham Waterpaw

Oh, that man...

I about died laughing, because when he was doing his little ritual dance at the end, my sister turned around and said. "Is that Grandma Impa humming?"

Dannflower Reguba

I JUST broke that giant crystal thing over Hyrule castle (stupid boomerang triforce puzzle driving me nuts) Are you guys talking about that fat orc thing that seems to be some feeble attempt at a nemesis?  ::) "Killed," him again under the crystal, got the key.

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Norham Waterpaw

Ah... So did you just leave the Twilight Realm?

Rainshadow

Ah, yep, you definitely killed Zant then, 'cause you're doing the last temple (AKA Hyrule Castle).  Yeah, no worries, you don't have to fight Zant, you just have to fight an equally annoying boss.

@Norham:  I know!  I was cracking up at that part!  Lol, even though it was supposed to be dark and scary, it was like:  "Dude, you're dancing and humming, how scary can it be?"  :P

Dannflower Reguba

Quote from: Rainshadow on October 22, 2013, 03:36:32 PM
  Ah, yep, you definitely killed Zant then, 'cause you're doing the last temple (AKA Hyrule Castle).  Yeah, no worries, you don't have to fight Zant, you just have to fight an equally annoying boss.

@Norham:  I know!  I was cracking up at that part!  Lol, even though it was supposed to be dark and scary, it was like:  "Dude, you're dancing and humming, how scary can it be?"  :P

Doesn't Ganondorf just face you head on? Zant was annoying because you fight like, 10 different former bosses (in the form of Zant of course) in the fight.

Rainshadow

Quote from: danflorreguba on October 22, 2013, 04:36:44 PM
Quote from: Rainshadow on October 22, 2013, 03:36:32 PM

Doesn't Ganondorf just face you head on? Zant was annoying because you fight like, 10 different former bosses (in the form of Zant of course) in the fight.

Mmm, sort of.  You fight Ganondorf several times, and you're not actually fighting him at some points.  (Okay, okay, I'll admit, I've never actually fought him.  I've watched my brother fight him, though.  And I learned that in the final battle, when the two of you are dueling, if you pull out your fishing rod and swing it around, it distracts him.  It's awesome.  ;D)

Norham Waterpaw

In Ocarina of time, you can use your empty bottle to do that.  ;D

Yeah, Ganon is pretty tough, but I'll let you decide that. There are many forms that you have to fight, each very annoying.