News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

The video game topic

Started by Matthias720, June 15, 2011, 07:26:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norham Waterpaw

Well, the concepts and such remind me of it. By all means, I wasn't making a comparison. Just making a statement about the gameplay and such.   ;D
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

Firehawke

Got a gift card for Christmas and went to go do a little shopping.  The store I was at just happened to have Lego Marvel Superheros for 3DS on sale and I just happened to go down the game aisle...only one copy was left.  Very blessed!  Saving it for my bday!
The knitting, crochecting, Zoo Tycoon playing, frog loving member!

Unimaginative

I'm currently waiting for the next World of Warcraft expansion to come out.
"Once built a steamboat in a meadow
Cos I'd forgotten how to sail" - The Gardener , The Tallest Man on Earth

Rainshadow

Quote from: Firehawke on December 19, 2013, 02:33:28 AM
Got a gift card for Christmas and went to go do a little shopping.  The store I was at just happened to have Lego Marvel Superheros for 3DS on sale and I just happened to go down the game aisle...only one copy was left.  Very blessed!  Saving it for my bday!

WAIT, WAIT, WAIT...  WHAT??  They have Lego Marvel now?  Do they have it for Wii?  *Hastily searches the internet to try and find the Lego Marvel game*
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Norham Waterpaw

Okay, I should point this out. Tf2 if the best free game (other than Lotro) ever.
After like, 3 hours of playing, I had already picked up 3 new weapons:
-The Huntsman
-The Overdose
-The Bushwacka

Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

SaberTruth

Currently I am playing Star Wars the Old Republic, and a little War Thunder (and WW2 airplane game).
I am waiting on Star Citizen and EverQuest Next Landmark to come out.

Firehawke

Quote from: Rainshadow on December 19, 2013, 03:22:06 AM
Quote from: Firehawke on December 19, 2013, 02:33:28 AM

WAIT, WAIT, WAIT...  WHAT??  They have Lego Marvel now?  Do they have it for Wii?  *Hastily searches the internet to try and find the Lego Marvel game*

It's out on a number of platform...hopefully including the Wii!
The knitting, crochecting, Zoo Tycoon playing, frog loving member!

Gonff the Mousethief

I recently got Disney infinity it is really fun ;D
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

The Skarzs

Minecraft is really fun. Halo and Terraria are also very cool.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Norham Waterpaw

Welp, TF2 is no longer an option. Apparently it was rated M, so my parents had me delete it.

Oh well.  :-\

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Dawnwing

Quote from: The Skarzs on January 16, 2014, 04:55:57 PM
Skyrim, anyone?

Absolutely.  Here's my Elder Scrolls collection.  ;D

- Skyrim on PC
- Elder Scrolls Anthology (comes with all 5 main-series games, a map for each, and an Elder Scrolls Online window cling)
- The Infernal City and Lord of Souls by Greg Keyes, two tie-in novels that take place 40 years after Oblivion and about 160 years before Skyrim
- Skyrim logo necklace
- Skyrim logo keychain
- figurine of Astrid, the Dark Brotherhood leader from Skyrim

The Skarzs

Whoa, I like Skyrim a lot, but haven't gone to get any of that stuffs!
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Sir Knight

Hey, Izeroth!  You were saying something over here . . .

http://redwallabbey.com/forum/index.php?topic=177.msg357845#msg357845

. . . about Starbound having problems.  I was saying I didn't know enough about it.  Truth be told, I was hoping it would serve as a replacement for Terraria: somehow Terraria didn't scratch the itch the way I expected it.  So what is the state of the game, and what ISN'T it doing?

(Hey, the forum is warning me about the thread being months old, so I hope The Skarzs didn't lead me astray . . . )

Rusvul

Starbound is a good game, and I have 350 hours in it- As opposed to my 263 in Terraria. Starbound somehow feels more... explorational... If that's a word. You're on a starship going to planets, tiering up, fighting procedurally generated monsters on procedurally generated planets. I've played through Terraria maybe 3-4 times, and I have no desire to do so again. Once Starbound is in a more complete state I will most likely spend a lot of time playing through again, and I will greatly enjoy that.

But it's unfinished.

Starbound is still in an early version of the game, and there hasn't been a stable update in many months. This is ridiculous. There has been PLENTY of time to add at least some of the promised features. But they have added some- Into the Nightly version of the game. It's unfinished, buggy, 'More beta than the more beta than beta.' But it's updated almost every night, at least several times a week. It is absolutely ridiculous to say that even with a small dev team there is no way the could output content faster than this- But at least it's not complete radio silence, work is being done. They haven't taken the money and run, they've taken the money and kind of slowed down. Nevertheless, I think that they should have tried to make their game more complete before releasing it. Early access is just a ridiculous model- It provides no incentive to finish games once people buy it.