News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Verdauga, 2024

Main Menu

The Quest for Romance Discussion/Sign Up

Started by Rainshadow, October 22, 2012, 08:48:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will you help come up with a theme for the sequel?

Yes!!
13 (86.7%)
No.
2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Rainshadow

You can take out Angela.  I decided I'm not going to use her.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Leatho Shellhound

Ok now we just are waiting for Redwallgurl, Brookskimmer, and Tiria Wildlough.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

redwallgurl

Fun. is a fantastic band.

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: redwallgurl on October 24, 2012, 10:31:44 PM
OKay this plan is all right with me.

Awesome

click the banner

Rainshadow

So, Brook, you're going to be the Cap'n of the pirate ship?  I kinda wanted to be the other Cap'n, the one who the L's meet up with.  So, if anyone else wants to be the good sailor, let me know, but if no one claims that, this is my character:

Name:  Cooper
Species:  Wildcat
Weapon:  Double scimitars, sling
Appearance:  Rather handsome black fur (it stands up on top of his head), brown eyes, small black earrings, dark grey tunic, black frock coat (image below), black belt (doubles as sling), twin black scabbards running along his back
Personality:  Very likeable, good sense of humor, sometimes harsh, loyal to his friends, very smooth around the maids, and tends to get his heart broken every time one comes into his life, then leaves soon after.
Occupation:  Pirate captain of a stolen ship (to be named at a later time) (good pirate, like Jack Sparrow)
Lover:  Brielle
Other:  When he was young, he got ill with a sickness that made him mute for a time.  After recovering, his voice was raspy.  It's remained that way until this very day.  He claims that he's a captain, but he has no crew.  He lives on a small ship that he stole from vermin.

Frock coat: (it's not as fancy or flowery.  It's just plain black)

Scimitar:
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

BrookSkimmer

I'm good with all of this!

Should we play this out time line wise? I mean start at Redwall and have the posts be about the creatures there. Then moving to traveling. Then on to the sea where we would start writing the sea faring creatures in. I'm afraid if we start everything at once it might get confusing...

My other idea is to start two threads. One can be from Redwall and the traveling, the other can be about the ships to develop the characters. When the travelers get to the sea, then we end the sea faring thread and join in with the travelers. I think this will end up making things less confusing then trying to post about two different areas at the same time in the same thread.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Rainshadow

That actually sounds really good, Brook!  I probably wouldn't have thought about that lol.  Yeah, we could create 2 threads, 1 saying "The Quest for Romance [Redwall]" and the other "The Quest for Romance [Sea]" or something like that.
  Maybe in the "Sea" one we could go through how Cooper knows the pirates or something.  Then the whole idea of how the pirates go to land and capture the good guy.  We could probably end it there and just have everyone join in on the one.

BrookSkimmer

I think the pirates are leaning towards being bad guys. Is Cooper on the good side? Maybe neutral?

One more thought I had was perhaps Cooper knows the pirates because his L happens to be an old crew member from Raven's ship. Possibly a female wildcat I could create? What do you think?

I like the idea of land thread and sea thread. That will keep it much less confusing. When the two merge we can start a new thread and lock the two old ones.

This is turning into an epic plot line!

Leatho Shellhound

click the banner

Tiria Wildlough

Here's my other mousemaid (Rikkendo's L):

Name: Tia
Species: Mouse
Weapons: None
Appearance: Brown fur and bright black eyes.
Personality: Shy and cautious, which complements Leisa's extroverted nature. She's good with Dibbuns.
Lover: Rikkendo
Other: She's Leisa's best friend.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Rainshadow

Sounds good, Tiria!  And Brook, I was thinking that maybe if Cooper has a lover, yeah, it could be someone who's on or previously was on Raven's ship.  I was also thinking that maybe Cooper was a previous member of Raven's crew, but he left and decided to sail alone.  He stole a ship from some random beast and roamed.  Currently, my idea of his side is neutral.  He leans towards good, though.

Dannflower Reguba

I was just thinking....... What if Leatho's character liked Terra not because of Terra (o.O) But because she was the closest relation to Skipper!? (Strategic romance... lol)
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

BrookSkimmer

@Rainshadow: I like it. That will give Raven and Cooper animosity which will be fun to role play. Are you good with me writing Cooper's lover?

@Tiria: I think Tia and Rikkendo will get along great!

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: danflorreguba on October 25, 2012, 03:27:20 PM
I was just thinking....... What if Leatho's character liked Terra not because of Terra (o.O) But because she was the closest relation to Skipper!? (Strategic romance... lol)

But I don't like Strategic romance...it sounds mean.

click the banner

Skyblade

Now that I have some more time here i'd like to join if you don't mind ^^

Name: Silverstorm
Species: Badger
Weapons: Sword and bow
Appearance: Large and muscular with silver fur
Personality: Helpful and stragetic. Strong and fearsome. Has bloodwrath 
Occupation (one type of character listed in this post): Traveler but knows the redwallers
Lover: Had a past lover and son but they died
Other: Hi

Kind've edited it...hope you don't mind

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!