News:

Moderator activity in progress. Please, be patient. ~ Sincerely, The Staff

Main Menu

The Quest for Romance Discussion/Sign Up

Started by Rainshadow, October 22, 2012, 08:48:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will you help come up with a theme for the sequel?

Yes!!
13 (86.7%)
No.
2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 15

BrookSkimmer

Well the battle posting will take a while plus the journey home. I'm think it there will be other threads in the future featuring these characters as well. It's up to you if you want to join. :)

Something Horrifying

I think...that I might. :O

Or I might wait for another thread, so I have time for some non-battle RP? This thread really seems to be trying to keep to a schedule, and I wouldn't wanna wreck that or anything. It's just not something I'm used to. lol I think I'm better with scheduleless, more free-form RP, where stuff kinda just happens when it happens. I know that's not everyone's thing, though. And maybe doesn't work with quite so many people? I don't know very much about public RPing, still. XD I'm trying to learn, though!

I will start my app just in case, though, because I totes have a character ready.  ;D
SEPULCHRITUUUUUUUUUUU-UUUDE!

Fanfics: Blackness (complete) --- Recovery (in progress)
Art: Art Thread --- MS Paint Redwall

Paradox

Quote from: Something Horrifying on December 14, 2012, 05:37:31 AM
lol I think I'm better with scheduleless, more free-form RP, where stuff kinda just happens when it happens. I know that's not everyone's thing, though.

Definately understand where you're coming from with that.. In the past, I used to just avoid alot of roleplaying forums because alot of the major roleplays they had were schedule-based and I do not have as much free time as I did many, many seasons ago  :'( :'( But I make do! And this place fits the bill very nicely  :D
No, that won't work.. it makes too much sense!!

Rainshadow

Hey, I never had a chance to say hi to you, Paradox!  Hi!  :P  Welcome to The Quest for Romance.  :)
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Something Horrifying

Well, guess Flandor and I are officially out of this. lol

(Hope he's back soon, I miss him. D: )

BrookSkimmer

Something you are welcome to jump in with a character during the story whenever you feel like it. It would be a different style for you I realize but feel free to try it if you wish... if not, there will be other QFR threads in the future I'm thinking :D

Something Horrifying

Quote from: BrookSkimmer on December 18, 2012, 05:16:07 AM
Something you are welcome to jump in with a character during the story whenever you feel like it. It would be a different style for you I realize but feel free to try it if you wish... if not, there will be other QFR threads in the future I'm thinking :D
I have another character I'd love to get in on some adventures (and maaaybe possibly romance? any romance with her would probably be one-sided, since she's not too interested in love--I'm totally cool with RPing one-sided romance, though, if the other player is! and you never know...XD), but I'm not sure I wanna jump in RIGHT before a battle with no time for even getting to know anyone?

What a shame, too, because this character HATES pirates. She's totally into law enforcement and justice, to kind of a ridiculous level. She might come in right AFTER the battle though? I kind of see her being out there in a little boat by herself after getting separated from other creatures she was hunting pirates with or something. Or maybe meeting people when they get back to land.

Something Horrifying

(Double post because character app~)

Name: Beatrice
Species: Rat
Weapons: She carries a short sword for extreme circumstances, but much prefers to only use a heavy wooden truncheon.
Appearance: Beatrice has grayish beige fur, with a blue strip dyed diagonally across the front of her muzzle. She's about average size, fairly fit and decently strong, but nothing exceptional--it comes from training more than natural ability. While she's kind of pretty, with dark eyes and long eyelashes, her face is very animated, so is usually engaged in a series of ridiculous, exaggerated expressions. She wears black boots and a long green and burnt orange double-breasted coat, with brass buttons, red cuffs, and red feathers around the collar and down the lapel.
Personality: This is a...slightly eccentric rat. She comes from a coastal city, a fairly bustling area. Because of the large number of ships that come and go there, and the threat of pirates, to keep the city safe and running more smoothly they've got a force of trained creatures keeping order and peace (hypothetically). Beatrice has been trained as one of these sort of informal officers of the law. Honestly the system is pretty corrupt and ineffective, but Beatrice's belief in law and order is unshakable and she doesn't seem to notice the problems with the rest of the system--she's just out to do her job, and her job is JUSTICE!

...Until she gets distracted by the idea of adventure.

As I mentioned before, she's very animated--a lively, energetic, and usually outgoing creature that adores making friends and having fun. Her passion for law enforcement really boils down to more of an intense hobby than strict moral code, though. She's willing to bend the rules a bit when she feels it's justified. Her role as a sort of police officer is just that to her--a role, that she plays. Like a game. She especially fancies herself a master detective. She probably is not.
Lover: Beatrice isn't terribly romantically inclined, though you never know, it could happen. I'm fine with unreciprocated feelings towards her, though. And if she were to reciprocate, her idea of romance is more "super special best friends/adventure buddies".

Rainshadow

Accepted!  And where would you want to come in?
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Something Horrifying

Quote from: Rainshadow on December 18, 2012, 10:42:15 PM
  Accepted!  And where would you want to come in?
Thanks! ;D Probably either after the battle, or in the next thread?

Mattio

Name:Mattio
Species:Hare
Weapons:dirk, rapier
Appearance:Light Grey, Red Long Patrol tunic.Tall
Personality:Kind,hard to get,short tempered
Occupation (one type of character listed in this post):Salamanastron
Lover:Phillum Torsoem
Other:Can play the snare drum

W0NWILL

Tiria Wildlough

Phillim in love? Lol! Sorry, but that idea just seems funny to me. ;)
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

BrookSkimmer

@Mattio: Your character would be considered crew on the Freebeasts at this point. Be prepared we are heading into battle!

To everyone: Please feel free to post as your character for the upcoming battle. We would love to see lots of people active in the fight!

Rainshadow

Haha, Won, I think it'd be a bit strange to have Phillim in love, after seeing her personality!  :P