News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Hurricane Sandy

Started by Lutra, October 27, 2012, 08:44:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lutra

Hope all who are destined to be hit by Hurricane Sandy (basically the northern US east coast) to be safe and secure and use common sense. :)  I don't live on the coast--very far inland--but certainly will be affected if we get all the rain that is being forecast.  Living near a river that flooded the last time a hurricane came this way is also very uncomforting.  :-X  Given the fact a lot of trees still have leaves, I can certainly see places in the area without power for some time.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

phoenixfoden

man. hope no one gets hurt.

Redwallfan7

I hope people in that area stay safe! 
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Snowwolf

I live on the northern east coast near Connecticut and we got hit hard
"Weapons may be carried by creatures who are evil, dishonest, violent or lazy. The true warrior is good, gentle and honest. His bravery comes from within himself; he learns to conquer his own fears and misdeeds.
- Matthias from "Mattimeo

Flandor

Buffalo only really got high winds and some heavy rain, luckily.  Nothing like the October storm five years ago that took our power and all for almost two weeks.  Hope everyone here is safe, some of the photos from NYC were very disquieting.
"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer

Lutra

No kidding...I don't know anyone down there, so no effects for me personally.  New Jersey as a whole took a bigger hit.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

WildDoogyPlumm

I live not far from NYC, but we're okay.  Tree down across the street, branch down in neighbor's yard.  Both are chopped up now. 
When I see videos on CNN about the damage elsewhere, it really makes me grateful we didn't get much worse.  Power's even back!
The winds Monday night were insane.
"Guid warriors cannae rest 'til those dirty slayers are paid out in steel for their crimes, ye ken?" - Doogy

Dalek Fur

The Boardwalk is completley destroyed, sand is everywhere. Man, I am praying for the northeast

brocka

Live in Pennsylvania about 90 miles from the coast. We lost power for a couple of days. No heat and no hot food, but other than that it could have been so much worse. Some tree damage, housing damage and flooding. Hey, I seem to remember some mice taking advantage of floodwater and making it work for them! Anyone with me on that one?

brocka

Read my own post and had a thought. I don't mean to minimize anyone's suffering. Just trying to bouy up,a bit, the spirits of everyone that lives in the storm track. As soon as things are up and running, I plan to give something to my favorite help organization.

MatthiasMan

(Haven't been on in so long. Anyways. . .)

In my area we didn't get hit that hard. I knew we weren't going to get hit hard where we were so I don't know why our school have two days off.

Dalek Fur

Not used to hurricanes, I guess.

redwallgurl

I'm grateful that I didn't get hit hard, only some rain but that's okay compared to everyone else who got hit.
Fun. is a fantastic band.

MatthiasMan

I feel bad for all the people in New York and New Jersey. They got hit really hard. God please help them get through this rough time. . . .Amen.

Skyblade

I know how rough a hurricane can be, having gone through my share of them this summer. I'm praying for everyone affected by this storm. Stay strong people!

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!