News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

Topic: Watership Down

Started by Tam and Martin, November 09, 2012, 11:44:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tam and Martin

Have you ever read the book by Richard Adams called Watership Down? I don't know if there is already a topic for this but I just wanted to see what ya'll thought about it if you have read it or not.
I really loved the book. My favorite character was Bigwig.
Feel free to share  :)

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

W0NWILL

Vahl! Vahl! A vorheen e! (Yes! Yes! I love it!) Lutra hrayao eth forum vor e. On lan Duhreth-rah. A Dandelion. (Lutra runs a forum for it. We call him chief Hawkbit. I'm Dandelion.) Dandelion lay ma vao character. (Dandelion is my favourite character.)

phoenixfoden

I want to read frost dancers:a story of hares by garry kilworth.ive nearly finished a story of wolves.its so awesome ;D

Redwallfan7

I'm on chapter 29. Fiver is My favorite character so far. Of course, that could change if I go further and read about someone else that I like  ;).,I think it's a wonderfully written book.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Lutra

Quote from: W0NWILL on November 10, 2012, 12:51:28 AM
Vahl! Vahl! A vorheen e! (Yes! Yes! I love it!) Lutra hrayao eth forum vor e. On lan Duhreth-rah. A Dandelion. (Lutra runs a forum for it. We call him chief Hawkbit. I'm Dandelion.) Dandelion lay ma vao character. (Dandelion is my favourite character.)

Is that a translation from that weird english to lapine translator?  Someone had a lot of time on their hands to analyze a language that wasn't meant to be analyzed. ;)

Anyway, yes I do run a forum for WSD fans: http://s4.zetaboards.com/Fivers_Honeycomb/

First book is really good, sequel to the book (Tales from Watership Down) was a letdown except for a couple of the stories and the final chapter about Campion.  The film was a pretty faithful adaptation given the time constraints and production problems.  The tv series butchered the book storyline terribly, but once they got to season 3 and didn't try to base it on the book's plots anymore, it was far more interesting.

I've been really exhausted after many long days at work, so the rabbits are definitely at play while the chief has been away. :P  I'll probably head on over once I'm finished up here for the night.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

phoenixfoden

Quote from: phoenixfoden on November 10, 2012, 01:12:38 AM
I want to read frost dancers:a story of hares by garry kilworth.ive nearly finished a story of wolves.its so awesome ;D
sorry that sounded off topic but frost dancers would probly appeal to wsd lovers

W0NWILL

Quote from: Lutra on November 10, 2012, 01:34:09 AM
Quote from: W0NWILL on November 10, 2012, 12:51:28 AM

Is that a translation from that weird english to lapine translator?  Someone had a lot of time on their hands to analyze a language that wasn't meant to be analyzed. ;)

No, I used a very nice Lapine dictionary here.

DanielofRedwall

I'm very surprised there hasn't been a topic for this!

Yes, I'm a massive fan of WSD. It is my favourite book behind the Lord of the Rings books and just ahead of my favourite Redwall book, Mossflower. I'm on Lutra's forum, I go by Fiver there as he is my favourite character from the book, just ahead of Hazel and Dandelion. I really loved the movie as well. The television show... wasn't the best, I agree with what Lutra said before. I'm reading Tales From Watership Down right now, and I agree it isn't anywhere near as good as the original, but it is enjoyable enough. The first story has a really obvious environmental message. ;)
Received mostly negative reviews.

Aldeneg

I've read Watership Down and I loved it! I've never watched the show. I've seen a lot about it but I just haven't gotten around to watching it. I've also never read 'Tales of Watership Down.'
Bigwig would have to be my favorite. He was awesome in the book. :)

My personal opinion is that I wish does had more credit in the book.  :-\ The only doe who really did anything was Hyzenthelay.

Lutra

Does were not meant to "do much" in the book. ;)  Until Hazel gave Hyzenthlay something to do, it wasn't thought much to let them do anything.  Its a bit of a product of the times.  The TV series is a more closer representation of how we see women's roles today just because its 20 years newer than all previous material.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Tam and Martin

I just looked up the WSD forum and joined! Thanks for telling me because I didn't know there was one! I took Bigwig as my username (he and Fiver are my favorites!). Thanks!!! Looking forward to getting to explore it soon!
Does anyone have a favorite part? I still can't decide, but I love when they go to Efrafa and the whole battle that ensues and how they have to sneak in - I love that!!!!

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Lutra

Pretty sure there's a topic about favorite scenes on the board. ;)  I think just talking with Keehar was one of my favorite scenes, the way he goes on about "mudders". ;)
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Gingivere Greeneyes

First of.........KEEHAR!!! KEEEHAAARRR!!!

There now that's out of the system. I myself have only seen the film and tv show, but I'm hoping to get the books for Christmas. Keehar is my favourite character as you can tell, I also like Fiver, Bark the Badger and Skree the hawk from the show, Tv Campion, film Blackberry and Tv Pipkin are all my favourites.
Sela: The leaf is Redwall, Chickemhound is the boot.
Chickenhound: I don't wanna be the boot!
Sela: Shut up your the boot. You, Cluny are the rock, and I'm the sports car.
Cluny: I wanna be the sports car!
Sela: No. I'm always the sports car. D:<

Redwaller

I joined the Forum!

And so far the book is awesome!

Kera Thorn Bladewind

Well, I like it! MORE LIKE I LOVE IT!  ;) I actually got both books today for my birthday, so now I can read them again!
My favorite character is definitely Bigwig in the books, but I like Campion best in the series.  :)

And...Lutra is Hawkbit from Fiver's Honeycomb? I didn't know that. I go by Keeralie Starflight over there.