who would win?

Started by Captain Tammo, July 07, 2011, 09:57:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skalrag of Marshank

Ironbeak would definitely win if it was one on one, like Nightfire said.
"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

Captain Tammo

How about if every villain had only 5 soldiers to back them? Who would win?

Redwall: Cluny the Scourge
Mossflower: Tsarmina Greeneyes
Mattimeo: Slagar the Cruel
Mariel of Redwall: Gabool the Wild
Salamandastron: Ferhago the Assassin
Martin the Warrior: Badrang the Tyrant
The Bellmaker: The Urgan Nagru
Outcast of Redwall: Swart Sixclaw
Pearls of Lutra: Ublaz Madeyes
The Long Patrol: Damug Warfang
Marlfox: there's many marlfoxes, let's go with Mokan
The Legend of Luke: Vilu Daskar
Lord Brocktree: Ungatt Trunn
Taggerung: Juska
Triss: Princess Kurda
Loamhedge: Raga Bol AND I guess you could say Kharanjul
Rakkety Tam: Gulo the Savage
High Rhulain: Riggu Felis
Eulalia!: Vizka Longtooth
Doomwyte: Korvus Skurr
The Sable Quean: Vilaya the Sable Quean
The Rogue Crew: Razzid Wearat
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Plugg Firetail

Probably Gulo.Gulo would have fought an army  with 8 soldiers.

Log-a-Log

Badrang. I think he was the most cunning and had the most leadership
I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

Captain Tammo

Quote from: Plugg Firetail on October 09, 2011, 01:44:23 PM
Probably Gulo.Gulo would have fought an army  with 8 soldiers.

True, however he doesn't think and would probably just get himself killed. Look at Ferhago, he took down a couple of badgers single pawed!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Plugg Firetail

Yeah that is true but remember Ferhago killed most of them by treachery. If they're going to do battle than I don't think that trick would work.

Captain Tammo

What about Razzid? He, like Gulo, uses fear as a weapon also. I know every warlord does, but especially those two IMO

Plugg Firetail

Yes but Razzid was not thatsmart.He tried to break into Redwall by himself.

DanielofRedwall

I would go for Ferahgo the Assasin to get over the line, in that case. He was not only a cunning leader, but also a fine fighter. Cluny would be up there, and perhaps Gulo and Razzid just because their sheer madness and fighting skills would almost "scare" the others.
Received mostly negative reviews.

BrookSkimmer

Quote from: James Gryphon on July 08, 2011, 02:53:54 AM
Gabool the Wild might also be a possibility; people might not think much of him, but he's one of the greatest vermin swordsrats of all time, a master manipulator, and, most importantly, doesn't leave any loose ends. Even when his fortress was being stormed, he had a plan to deal with the intruders, and only Martin's supernatural intervention kept the heroes from being killed.

Totally agree with this. He was very good at manipulating and the story would have had a different ending indeed if Martin had not helped out! Wow, he died in a nasty way! Just finished listening to Mariel of Redwall as an audio book. If he had not gone crazy he could have gotten much further I think.

Captain Tammo

I think Ublaz would be up there. His hypnotic stare is an enormous advantage (SPOILER) he hypnotized a coral snake!!! It's amazing! And he was an incredibly intelligent leader and let's not forget his skill with the sword. Personally, he's my favorite villain

Trisscar95

I think Vilaya could have one if Zwilt had listend.
'Twixt leaning ash and poison gold,
Trisscar Swordmaid, look, behold,
What is sought by everyone.
Now! Ere high noon light moves on.'

Flint and Steel

I think that Cluny would probably win, And here are some reasons why.
1 He was a Great all around villain.
2 Master Strategist.
3 A very good swordsbeast.
4 Extremely cunning.
5 He was strong for a rat, and He killed a PIKE.
Cluny could hold his own against a PIKE, So He could probably do the same with an enemy like Gulo or Tsarmina. Against less experienced Foes, Such as Kurda and Pitru :P,
He would without a doubt, Hurt them very badly ;D! That is, If the cowards didn't Run away first ::).     
Ad Astra Per Aspera (To The Stars Through Difficulties)

Nightfire

Okay, scratch the idea of Gulo fighting his dad.

What about Gulo vs. Askor?

Gulo was physically more powerful, from what we can tell in the book. But Askor was more skilled and much faster.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

James Gryphon

Well, what makes you think that Askor was faster or more skilled? I don't think there's much evidence to suggest that -- all we know is that Gulo was considered to be more crazed, and more ruthless than either his father or brother.

For what it's worth, the hordebeasts themselves all thought Gulo would have the advantage in any fight between the two, and I think they ought to know, so like them, I'd favor Gulo in this match.
« Subject to editing »