News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Long Patrol

Started by Mattio, January 03, 2013, 11:26:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tam and Martin

Craggle

Craggle organized the ration party getting a score of crew-beasts and taking   them on land. She started looking for food and came up with salty weeds, tubers, and a pool of rain water.

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Romsca

Halftail

Halftail had organized a party to search for recruits while Craggle was searching for rations. His crew had found recruits while he had rested from the voyage. By late afternoon, they had about a score of vermin, half rats with some ferrets, weasels, and stoats, and one fox. He evaluated the new members of his army. Some of them looked ready to fight, but there were a few who looked like they had never held a weapon before. He would send out several of his crew to form an alliance with an army somewhere, but for now the recruits would have to do.

Sierra

Earlier that morning, Sierra the ferret had been having a pretty normal day. A few hours after breakfast, though, some corsairs had come through and plundered her small village killing the goodbeasts and capturing the vermin who were old enough to fight. She fought with her sling, but a large rat had captured her. The captain of the crew began issuing weapons to them. As the captain was about to hand her a spear, she asked, "Can I use my sling instead?"

Halftail

Halftail was slightly surprised by that question. She looked like she didn't know how to fight. He didn't know how to fight with a sling anyway, and he wanted to teach her how to fight. He insisted that she take the spear. Although he was the captain, and she was the new recruit, he couldn't help but smile at her when their eyes met.

Alistair

Alistair kept asking the general questions. "Will I get to meet the real badger lord, sah?" he asked for perhaps the tenth time.

BrookSkimmer

We are all ready for a jolly ole battle, marm. You there are you a recruit?

Lady Ravenpaw nodded to her general. She was ready for whatever might come.

"Aye general, the troops look fit and ready for some action. Tell me, have we sighted the vermin vessel off the coast yet?"

Then a loud clatter sounded from the hallway. It was from a suit of armor falling over.

"What is going on out there?" She looked out into the hallway and spotted Alistair.

"I should daresay you'll fix it!" Her expression softened a little. "Ready for a little skirmish are we Alistair?

Mattio

"Aye, they do. Sadly they have to be." He said while pacing down the line. "And no but I have 10 lookouts watching."

BrookSkimmer

Meanwhile not too far away Halftail was assembling his horde for an attack on Salamandastron.

'Ach, I'll 'ave tha' fortress teh call me own by two night from now." The red ferret muttered to himself as he torn a wing off a roasted shore bird and ate it.

The ferret sent some beasts from his horde to scout out the lay of the mountain from up close. They could be seen on the shoreline by a hard looking out a battlement window...

Mattio

A sargeant ran down the stairs, tripping on the last step. "Sargeant are you all right?," All he said was," We've spotted them, we saw a red ferret that was looking at the mountain," he said while panting heavily.

Tam and Martin

Alistair

Alistair, who was standing right next to them, shouted urgently "A ferret where is he Sarge?"

Mattio

"Over by the north gate he ran when I say 'em" he said before he collapsed.

"Get this hare to the infirmary. Now!" Sabachtre barked.

Tiria Wildlough Rhulain

The young hare saluted smartly and winked at Sabretache.
"Yes sah, General Sabretache. My ol' pater is Bradberry, doncha know?"
"Ahh, young Bradberry. Stand up straight sah! Name please!"
"Sah, Clancy Ashfur Marlin Bradberry reportin', sah!"

General Sabretache smiled, this young one was going to be fun to be around.
"Right, go make a report to Sergeant Sundew! Tell her that my five score are ready for battle!"
Saluting furiously, Marlin replied, "Sah, yes, sah!" then he shot off in the direction of Sergeant Sundew.

The feeling was great, the wind rushed through his sweating, matted fur as he stopped, saluted, and made his report to Sergeant Sundew.

"Marm, General Sabretache wishes to inform you that his five score warriors are ready, marm!" he panted.

"At ease young one. Tell him we'll go around to the back of the army and hit em' from behind!" she replied. With a furious salute in which he pricked himself with his long claymore sword, he was off again. As he made his report, Sabretache sympathized for him.

"Enough runnin' around for you sah! Not made of runner material I see!" he glared at Marlin through a polished monocle.

"Sah, no sah!" panted Marlin.

"At ease soldier. Right, you buffers! Forward the march! Provide a distraction fo' Sergeant Sundew and her force! Let's go slay some voracious vermin! And you better double march or I'll have your tails for tea, your guts for garters, and your rumps for refreshments! Forward the buffs!"

With that, the young soldiers marched forward under the watchful eyes of General Sabretache and Lord Ravenpaw.

A young hare piped up, "Sah, permission to sing to Violets on the Hill, sah?"

"Permission granted Ruggan!"

The gruff voices sang out at the fast beat of the popular marching song.

Violets on the Hill,
Rocks are in the Valley,
New dawn the larks do trill,
But we do not dilly dally.
Rum tee shroo too dum rye ay!

My girl's a waitin' on the hill,
Her eyelids flutter light,
I kiss her with a will,
Her eyes shine so bright.
Tum tee too ta tum dye ay!

Violets on the hill,
March into war I did,
Bad vermin I did kill,
Good byes to friends I bid.
Rum tee tay tie do dye ay!

Violets on the hill,
I returned home today,
My girl loves me still,
Comrades at rest they lay,
With the Violets on the Hill!

At the end of the song, a hare fell to the right of Marlin due to a spear. The war had begun.
What is your name?

You don't want to know! he said.

Yes I do!

M'name is Wilthurio Longbarrow Sackfirth Toxophola Fedlric Fritillary Wilfrand Hurdleframe Longarrow Leawelt Pugnacio Cinnabar Hillwether...

Stop, stop!

But you can call me Jodd. Wanna know what that stands for?

Mattio

OOC:Wildlough (Sorry theres already Tiria.) But you have to post an application in OOC roleplaying in Long Patrol Signup and you may only make a few characters and play them and I recommend that you look at roleplaying rules

Redwaller

OOC: You should've said it was up in the discussion topic.  :D I'll post later.

Mattio

Redwaller

Tam and Martin

OOC: Did what Tiria Wildlough Rhulain put in stay in the story?

Mattio

Ooc: eh don't car do what you like