QFR: Cooper (Rainshadow) vs. Raven Brinewater (Brookskimmer)

Started by BrookSkimmer, January 06, 2013, 05:00:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rainshadow

Cooper tried backing up, tripping yet again in the process.  He smacked his head hard against the ground, groaning and clutching his chest.  He slowly stood up, waving his sword around.  His vision was blurry, and he couldn't see where the vile otter was.
  "Come out, ye coward!" he shouted, looking around wildly.  He was so dizzy!
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

BrookSkimmer

The fight had severely injured both creatures at this point. They were pouring blood and aching from various wounds. Raven felt herself loosing consciousness. She lurched forward and found herself caught by Cooper's randomly waving blade.

The wound was taken across her side. She gasped, dropped her cutlass, and clutched her wound. The otter's words came in a garbled babble.

"M-mercy... please... mercy..." She slumped against the low railing and tried feebly to kick the rope off her footpaw.

Rainshadow

Cooper heard her plea and hesitated.  "Wot?" he asked.  Why was she asking for this?  He suddenly realized that he couldn't kill her.  It would be wrong to do that.
  He lowered his one remaining blade, wondering what happened to his other sword.  Putting a paw over his chest, Cooper still had a grip on his scimitar, but he didn't kill her.  "I won't kill you, even though yer an 'orrible creature.  It ain't right to kill a beast in cold blood."
  Blinking, the wildcat realized that he could see once again.  His head still pounded, but he could clearly see the pitiful, whimpering otter in front of him.
  "Yeah, that's right," he continued.  "I won't kill ye, I'll just let ye live wi' the fact that you've been defeated by a lowly wildcat."  He spat at Raven, showing his hate for her.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

BrookSkimmer

Raven could not hear Cooper's words. She saw him talking and saw him move his blade so that is was not pointing at her anymore.

Ha! Fool! She would kill him as he tried to show her mercy. All it would take was one swift strike with her cutlass and it would be over. She would keep her slaves. Her crew would take more slaves from the wildcat's ship. Nothing could stop her!

"I kill you!!!!"

She sprang forward with some unknown energy. Before the otter could reach Cooper the rope around her footpaw tightened and flung her back. She smashed into the railing again, this time going over the top of it and into the sea.

The rope was attached to a heavy lead sounding ballast. The weighted end flew over the rail and hit Raven on the head. The blow cracked the otter's skull. She was out before the weight attached to the rope drug her under the water.

Thus ended Raven Brinewater slaver of the high seas.
----

Brielle had made it onto the Lashkeel. The wildcat prowled the deck now that the fighting had subsided, looking for Cooper. She knew he had come aboard and she knew he would be after Raven. Blood spattered the deck everywhere and she swallowed hard to keep from gagging.

Then she saw Cooper. He was bleeding from many injuries and staring over the railing of the ship. She came quickly to his side. The she cat wiped her cutlass clean and sheathed it as she made her way to Cooper. She did not go right to him for fear he would strike at her. You could never tell what a beast would do after the heat of battle.

She spoke calmly to him. "Cooper?"

Rainshadow

Cooper barely noticed Brielle standing beside him.  He was still staring at the spot where the pirate captain had disappeared.  "Sh-she's dead," he said, a slightly horrified look on his face.  "She fell, an' now she's dead."
  He looked at Brielle, fear in his eyes.  "Wot did I just do, Brielle?  I just watched 'er die.  I coulda 'elped 'er, but no, I just stood there an' watched 'er die."

BrookSkimmer

Brielle came forward and placed a paw to Cooper's shoulder.

"There was nothing you could have done." She took a deep breath. "I saw it happen, it was so fast you never could have gotten there on time to help."

The she cat glanced around. The fighting was starting to die down.

"Let's go get the slaves."

Ooc: that's it for this thread. Transfer back to main thread.