"Beep-Bloop" -Verdauga, 2024

Main Menu

RP: The Quest for the Sword

Started by Lady_Gwalia, July 10, 2011, 07:57:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nightfire

Oh, shut up. You're the one who posted something ridiculous, such as:

Quote from: HeadInAnotherGalaxy on August 09, 2011, 01:15:23 AM
The moon would have been out and shining magnificiently, but it had the fever and was restricted to staying in bed and reading Sherlock Holmes stories instead. Because of this night got fed up with waiting for the moon to come out, stopped slowly creeping up on the earth, took a running jump, and completely covered the earth in darkness.

I say the moon should be out. :P Didja like my song? Wrote it meself only this morning.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

OOC: In that' caze, wid Lady_Gwalia pleaze ztep forward an' dezide the fate o' the moon, az thiz RP waz her dezizion tae begin with?
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Nightfire

Yes, please. Lady Gwalia? Will you please decide whether or not the moon should be out?
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

DanielofRedwall

OOC: This is the actual RP you're posting on, put this on the discussion or use OOC!
Received mostly negative reviews.

Nightfire

OOC: Whatever. BIC:

Streamblaze had stood up again and taken an encore, but now she was out of breath. "Whoo! I never though I'd git tired dancin', but it's happened now, I'll tell ye, mate!" She plunked down next to Joey, noticing Lady Amber's absence. "Oi, where'd Amber go? Didn't she like my song?" The ottermaid pretended to look hurt.

Trigoma

OOC: woah woah watch the spam ppl. :D btw iv lost what the hecks going on lol. moon? ...ok? anyways...

trigoma finished eating and went outside for some freash air.
"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting is sure to follow. However, that parting need not last forever... Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short time...that is up to you."
—Happy Mask Salesman

Nightfire

Lady Amber led beckoned Musician towards the bell tower, gesturing at the twin bells at the top. "I always like to go sit up there, along with good old Methusalah and Matthias. They keep me company whilst I sit there an' gaze out at the countryside. 'Tis a nice, quiet spot for a bit o' thinking."

Redwall Musician

Maypetal looked up at the bell tower. "It looks rather high. I'm rather scared of hights, wot!"

Sundew was sent to bed. She had fallen into a deep sleep, and started snoring. Now she lay in bed, fast asleep for the night.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Nightfire

"Come on, you don't have to look out the windows if you don't want to. I want to show you something." Lady Amber said, smiling. "It's beautiful. I really want you to see.

Redwall Musician

"Oh, alright," Maypetal said. She followed Lady Amber up to the bell tower.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Nightfire

They soon reached the top. "Look," Amber said, pointing at the twin bells, Methuselah and Matthias. They gleamed brightly, looking as though they were glowing. "Aren't they beautiful?" she breathed. She took an arrow out of her quiver and lightly pinged the side of the Methuselah bell with the arrowhead. It made a slight ringing sound, and Amber could feel it's echoes reverberating deep inside her. "Look!" she pointed out of the window, and the whole of Mossflower wood was lit up in the silvery glow from the moon, and she saw the gleam of th river Moss snaking it's way through the trees. "This is my favorite spot to come and relax. The view is the most spectacular in the whole of Mossflower." She sat perched on the edge of the sill, just staring at the forest. "Come look," she said, beckoning Maypetal over.

Trigoma

trigoma looked up at the moon thinking to himself. he then saw the 2 beasts on the bell tower. it was quiet a curious site. but he just ignored them and closed his eyes to take a rest.

OOC: whens the swords stealer coming? we need to move this along lol so it doesnt grow stagnant.
"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting is sure to follow. However, that parting need not last forever... Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short time...that is up to you."
—Happy Mask Salesman

James Gryphon

OOC: Look back, and you'll see I'm already here.

---

The clamor had finally died down in Great Hall, with all the beasts asleep right in their chairs or gone to bed. Not seeing anyone awake or active, Terrus the volethief stowed his silverware under his robes, and then gently rose from his chair and began his long stride down the Hall.

The sword was extraordinarily beautiful -- "Though not as pretty as Bonny," the vole thought in a moment of conceit -- and razor-sharp, forged to fight and destroy. However, something about the tapestry didn't look quite right, and it unnerved Terrus to see it. "I'm a friend," the vole whispered to anyone that might be listening. "Don't be afraid."

The sword was a little bit too high above his head to reach, or even jump for, so Terrus drew a rope, one of the tools of his trade, from amidst his robes and made a lasso with it. The consequences would be grave if it was a failed toss, but he had practiced moves like it maybe a thousand times and met success. The rope felt perfectly right and ready to be used.

The rope went right on target, and began to drag the sword down to the floor. With a lightning-fast move of the paw Terrus grabbed the swordhilt before the blade could hit ground.

The blade felt unnatural and unbalanced in Terrus' paw. Slightly confused, he said, "I've come to rescue you. You don't have to be imprisoned in here anymore; don't worry. We'll be out of here in no time."

There was no response, but the blade seemed to feel even heavier in Terrus' grip than it did before. Bewildered by the sword's unfavorable behavior, and now frightened by the strange images that seemed out of the corner of his eye to be lurking in the tapestry, the vole hid the sword under his long robes and began to walk out of the room, towards the exit.

Terrus silently opened the door and looked around outside. Nobeast appeared to be in sight. All he would need to do now is exit from one of the gates, possibly the smaller gates in the walls, and it should be an easy trip back to the marten from there. With one paw keeping the freed prisoner in place, and the other paw around Bonny, ready to bring her into play from under his cloak, the vole began to creep towards the closest wall. Just one minute and they'd all be free.
« Subject to editing »

Tiria Wildlough

Shellmara had an uneasy feeling that something was amiss. Still, she kept on chatting and laughing. After all, what could possibly go wrong in Redwall Abbey?
OOC: What indeed!  ;)
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Nightfire

Lady Amber was chatting to Maypetal, when she noticed a dark figure creeping along the inside of the outer wall. Something was amiss. She didn't recognize that creature. "Hoi! You! Stop right there!" She vaulted out of the belltower window and climbed down to the ground in the way that only a squirrel could. She ran towards the shadowy creature, and reached out to grab him.

OOC: James, you have my permission for Terrus to injure her, but don't kill her. ;)