RP: The Quest for the Sword

Started by Lady_Gwalia, July 10, 2011, 07:57:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nightfire

Lady Amber strode away from the Abbess and Togan. She saw a sleek brown shpae circling in the water like a pike, and she went over to it. She stood patiently until the smooth form of an otter's head broke the still surface.
"Well, good mornin' to ye, matey," she said, dipping her head respectufully.
"Good morning to you indeed, you young scallawag. It's noon!"
"Oh, is it?" the otter replied cheerfully, not to be daunted.
Amber sighed. "What am I going to do with you, Streamblaze?"
"Well, ye could chuck me in a bowl o' 'otroot soup."
"That would hardly qualify as a punishment," she sniffed haughtily. Then she broke down and chortled.
"Whooohahahoohahahahooo!!!" Streamblaze exploded in all-out laughter. She grabbed Lady Amber and dragged her underwater, dunking her and then tossing her back up on land.
"Aargh! What did you do that for!!!" she spluttered, glaring at the irrepressable otter.
"I'm just foolin' and gambollin'. I likes to do that, don't ye?"
"Yes, but NOT in the water!" The two friends seemed unlikely, a young otter and a squirrelqueen, but they sat together on the bank of the pond, chatting away.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Redwall Musician

OCC: Are we gonna make the players come soon?
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Lady_Gwalia

Tey was in the kitchen, bust helping with preparations for the feast that evening. Everybeast was reveling in the excitement caused by the preparations for such an event. And so many guests were attending, she thought.

The Traveling Players had been traveling up the path for a full day, the red sandstone walls of the Abby within sight. Elya was skipping ahead of the cart, when she caught sight of the Abby gates. With a joyful shout she ran back to join the others.
"We'll be at the Abby soon! I can see the gates!" She cried. "Lets sing 'em a song to let 'em know we're coming!"
With that she dashed ahead, loudly belting out a song.

Down goes the paw an' up rises dust,
Keep thy courage, hold thy trust,
Come to our journey's end we must,
Marching the high road together.

Tramp tramp tramp! Can we make camp?
Not whilst there's light, not 'til tonight!
One two! One two! Beneath a sky o' blue,
Sing out, comrades, Tramp tramp tramp!

On goes the trail, for ever more,
Weary of limb, and sore of paw,
Keep on moving, that's our law,
Marching the high road together.

Tramp tramp tramp! Can we make camp?
I'll tell ye when, don't stop 'til then!
One two! One two! Daylight hours growing few,
Sing out, comrades, Tramp tramp tramp!
High or the hills, far or the seas,
Fly with the small birds and follow the breeze,
Go with your heart, where would you roam?
Back to the rose colored stones you call home.
~The Pearls of Lutra

Gonff

"Abbess Rose, Abbess Rose! I foun' a traveller. Can I go t'ow a knife now?" he asked.
"No Togan you can't throw any knifes, why don't you go find some one to play with?" Turning to the traveler she asked "What's your name?"

Putley sang as load as the rest of them, he couldn't wait to get to the abbey to sample some of their legendary food.

OOC: I think this season should be called The Season of Visitors. :D There are so many travelers coming to Redwall.  ;D
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to a garage makes you an automobile.--Billy Sunday

Nightfire

"Come 'ere, ye li'l omadorm!" Streamblaze said, grabbing Togan and tickling him. "What's this hankerin' to play wi' knives, eh? Can't ye raid the kitchens or go swimmin' instead?" She dumped him on the ground, checking to make sure he wasn't concealing any knives in his tunic.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Togan saw a few of the other dibbuns and ran over to join them. They had a quickly whispered conversation, followed by barely stifled giggles and looks at Terrus, and then a mad dash into the abbey. They were in such a hurry that they didn't bother to close the door all the way.

Grabbing a bucket full of water they convinced a taller beast to put it up on the door for them. They thanked them, and then they had Togan and another dibbun slip out of the door without causing the water to fall and start running towards Terrus and the abbess. "Abbess Rose, Abbess Rose, something terrible has happened! We need Mr. Voley to come quick with us! Quick! Hurry! Hurry!" They each took one of Terrus's paws and tried to pull him towards the door.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Nightfire

Lady Amber saw what they were doing and halted the dibbuns, "Hold on a tick, there. Where do you think your dragging him off to? Git, before I feed you a bowl o' boiled nettle soup!" She shooed them away, whispering to Terrus, "Sorry 'bout that, but if you had gone with them, you'd have gotten drenched." She left him standing there and sprinted up the ash tree, sitting quietly and watching the abbey.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

"Oh, ferrets..." Mumbled Togan and the other dibbun as they slipped back inside. "I guess We're gonna have t'do it the ol' fashion way." the other dibbun said. Togan merely nodded his head. They all waited until another beast walked by and asked them to get the bucket down for them. Once again they were able to convince a taller beast to comply, and they were handed the bucket.

Taking the bucket Togan and the other dibbun ran out the door and threw the contents of the bucket at Terrus. Dropping the bucket they quickly attempted to make a hasty getaway by running back inside the abbey.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Nightfire

"Hahaar! Gotcha, be hearties!!!" Streamblaze yelled as she swooped them up in her arms. "Were are ye running off to like yer tail's on fire?" She proceeded to tickle them both, giving no mercy.

Trigoma

trigoma wanderd to the gate house to take a look around. "morning trig." said an abbey dweller. "morning..." grunted trigoma. he went to the gate house and saw parchments gathered here and there. "can i help you with something?" said a voice. trig turned to see the gate keeper. "i was wondering if you have any books or notes on that anceint sword here." said trigoma "y would you want to know?" said the gate keeper suspisiously. "just curious." replied trigoma. the gate keeper went back in and came back with a thin old book. "here it is, the beginning to the now of the sword. iv been keeping close record on it. dont lose it. its good to see some youth taking interest it the past!" then he trundld back to the gate house. trigoma sat back in the orchard and started the small book...

OOC: im not sure who is the gate keeper so sorry if i god modded your caracter. please correct me if im wrong :D
"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting is sure to follow. However, that parting need not last forever... Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short time...that is up to you."
—Happy Mask Salesman

DanielofRedwall

Joey wandered over to where Trigoma was sitting. Looking at the title, he said "you sure are interested in that sword, aren't you? I don't know lots about it myself, even being the wielder of it! They say it's made from the metal of a fallen star... But remember, it can still be a weapon of evil in the wrong paws!"
With that, he wandered off, leaving a very confused Trigoma behind.
Received mostly negative reviews.

Lady_Gwalia

OOC~ somebeast needs to notice our lovely players trouping loudly up the path.
High or the hills, far or the seas,
Fly with the small birds and follow the breeze,
Go with your heart, where would you roam?
Back to the rose colored stones you call home.
~The Pearls of Lutra

Nightfire

Lady Amber strode along the walltops, taking in the cool breeze. Suddenly a small cloud of dust caught her attention. "What the...?" She heard singing, and then the bright colours of a traveling troupe came into view.
"Streamblaze!" She barked, "leave them dibbuns alone and get over here! We got visitors!"
The otter ran over. "Well, if'n 'et's so urgent,  help me unbar these gates matey!"
The two quickly opened the gates, admitting the Traveling Players into Redwall Abbey. "'Ello!" Streamblaze called cheerfully to them. "Sorry for the delay, Amber din't notice ye until after ye were already way up close to the abbey. Oof!"
The Squirrelqueen had kicked her ribs, causing her to gasp. "I you'll just wait a tick, Abbess Rose will be right over." She smiled warmly at the Players.

Redwall Musician

Maypetal looked at the main abbey building. I bet that's where the bally kitchens are, wot!, she thought, I better practice for the show. Maypetal then began to cry.
"This is a beautiful day! To see the abbey. The abbey which we had traveled a long way!" Maypetal said in her dramatic stage voice.
~~~
"Trigoma doesn't seem to happy," Sundew said, half to herself, half to the tree, as she pulled out her knife. She then wandered over to the main gates to see the players. She smiled at them. She herself was excited at what was to come. Traveling players, and a feast! she thought.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Nightfire

Lady Amber and Streamblaze stood side by side, watching the Traveling Players with interest.