News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

What should I get at the library?

Started by Mattio, January 25, 2013, 12:53:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mattio

I've read all of those except maximum ride

Rainshadow

You should read the Inheritance Cycle.  It's really interesting, and if you like dragons, you'll love it!  If you don't know what it is, it's about a man named Eragon.  They made a movie about the first book, but I'd say that the books are much better.  If you want to read them, the first book is Eragon, second is Eldest, then Brisingr, and finally Inheritance.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Redwallfan7

You should also  check out the InkHeart series and the DragonKeeper Chronicles.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Rainshadow

Yes, definitely the DragonKeeper Chronicles!  Those are good!  And also the Berinfell Prophecies.  They're Christian books, so if you mind those, then it wouldn't be a series for you, but if you enjoy them (as I do ;)), they're great!  The Berinfell Prophecies is about 7 teenagers who learn that they're actually lords of another world, and (in the first book) they must somehow meet up and get to the other world.  I won't tell more than that because I'd spoil the entire series.  I haven't read the third book yet (it came out recently), but I'm hoping to soon!
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

W0NWILL

Redwaller, I wouldn't worry too much about the fourth Maximum Ride, unless you want the full plot. The fourth was disappointing compared to the first three.

Mattio

I've already read Inheritance cycle .....twice and I have the Inkheart series at home Inkheart, Inkspell, and Inkdeath

Redwallfan7

Quote from: Mattio on January 26, 2013, 11:55:14 AM
I've already read Inheritance cycle .....twice and I have the Inkheart series at home Inkheart, Inkspell, and Inkdeath
InkDeath is disappointing compared to InkHeart and InkSpell IMO.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Mattio

Oh hmm right now I'm working on lotr and mossflower

Tam and Martin

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Mattio

ok I normally just pick one of Brian's books off the shelves and hceck it out

W0NWILL

If you're going to be reading Tolkien's works, start with The Hobbit. A much easier read, you'll stand a better chance of getting though it than LOTR, and you get the backstory before you try LOTR.

Mattio

Redwaller

You should read Narnia, after LotR and Redwall, it's my fav series.

Romsca

Mattio

Alright I'll try to get some of these on weds.