Cave potato.

Jetthebinturong

Quote from: The Skarzs on November 19, 2014, 08:24:06 PM
Most peculiar; never heard of them.

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on November 19, 2014, 08:07:01 PM
A polearm isn't a weapon
I beg your pardon?
...it's a category that some weapons fall under including a spear, pike and halberd
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

The Skarzs

But you just said that some weapons. . .
Okay, well I'm pretty sure the definition of a weapon is any object that is used for harming another living being. :P
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jetthebinturong

Not necessarily the case, you also get ceremonial weapons and ornamental weapons which aren't supposed to be used for harming anyone
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Rusvul

Interesting interpretation of the word 'weapon' that I rather like:

A weapon is anything that is used to hurt anyone. A book is a weapon if you hit someone over the head with it, a longsword is not if you use it to chop vegetables.

Not a particularly accurate definition, but intriguing to think about.

Conrad the Painless

A polearm isn't a weapon, it's a category that some weapons fall under including a spear, pike and halberd

I own a bokken. We were going to be some nanchaku (nunchucks to us westerners) but we decided against it. I want to learn how to fight with tambo though, they're pretty cool. Did you know there's such thing as a thirty-two bladed sword? They're from Sri Lanka and they're called Urumi, commonly known as a whip-sword

That reminds me, I like Halberds too! I remember a story where a town in Poland or some country similar to that used them to hold-off German forces.
"Our Lord and Savior.....The Easter Badger, shall pierce the darkness with his scepter and  guide us through the night...."

The Mask

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on November 19, 2014, 08:56:45 PM
Interesting interpretation of the word 'weapon' that I rather like:

A weapon is anything that is used to hurt anyone. A book is a weapon if you hit someone over the head with it, a longsword is not if you use it to chop vegetables.

Not a particularly accurate definition, but intriguing to think about.
I think it is pretty accurate actually. Seriously, a piece of toast is a weapon if you choke someone on in it.
I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

" I will burn the heart out of you." Moriarty, Sherlock

Conrad the Painless

Or Lysol is a weapon if your spray it over someone's face while they're sleeping.....make's em' choke.
"Our Lord and Savior.....The Easter Badger, shall pierce the darkness with his scepter and  guide us through the night...."

The Skarzs

. . . And if you're Jason Bourne, than a pen is a weapon, a book is a weapon, a rag is a weapon, so is a magazine, and a toaster. . .
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Dannflower Reguba

And then there's an eraser..... If you're Jackie Chan.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Wylder Treejumper

Chuck Norris needs no weapons... He IS one!  ;D
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

LT Sandpaw

Really anything could be used as a weapon, generally something like a grass stalk isn't going to do much. but it can still be counted as a weapon.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

The Skarzs

Indeed.
On another note, I'm close to finishing the kukri.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Lady Ashenwyte

Did you know there's such thing as a thirty-two bladed sword? They're from Sri Lanka and they're called Urumi, commonly known as a whip-sword

Some info on the Urumi, it was a sword commonly used in Kerala in India and they are one of the more common weapons in Kalaripayattu, a Keralite martial art involving weapons and press points on the body, some of which are fatal and others not,
only the most skilled fighters could ever hope to learn to use the press points. I have a comic which has some Urumi fighting in it, but I don't have it right now. :P
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Conrad the Painless

The Urumi whip-sword sounds AWESOME!