News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Verdauga, 2024

Main Menu

Retake Redwall Discussion

Started by KitrallStreamrippler, February 09, 2013, 06:09:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How did Martin's sword end up in Mossflower?

It was hidden before the abbey was conquered
A slave snuck it out and hid it
A vermin stole it- but then got lost and died in the woods
It's been lost or hidden away for a long time before the abbey was taken
None of the above (please post a suggestion)

KitrallStreamrippler

I have a couple more ideas to flesh out the plot:

1) Martin's spirit speaks to an old slave, who then has to find Martin's sword and/or someone to take it.

2) Martin's sword could either be held by the vermin warlord, or it could be hidden away since before the abbey was conquered. (If so, then both sides would be in a race to find it)

3) Some travelers (maybe from a faraway place that doesn't know about Redwall's downfall, though that would be unlikely as it happened at least one or two generations ago) could get captured by the vermin, and one of them could take Martin's sword when they escape (if they escape. Who knows?)

This last one is more of a side note than an actual plot point, but I think it would be an added layer of cruelty (to the woodlanders) if the vermin warlord's battlecry was "Redwall". This would hurt the old slaves especially, as they would be most likely to know about/remember the "good old days", but all woodlanders, slave or free, would hate the warlord even more for turning the name of the once-beloved abbey into a symbol of terror and despair.
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

W0NWILL

Personally, I like one and three, and the last one is rather evil-I like it.

Dannflower Reguba

And you claim you aren't used to this.  :D Wanna join mr RP? Seriously, this is great material you have here, and I'm SOOO joining this! I'd work out a title now if I were you.  ;) BTW, You're doing a great job at GM as it is.

Title idea: Redwall? No, Red Horde

as far as 2 goes, I think it would be interesting if Martin had foreseen the take over, and had betook one of the Abbey beasts (that has been LONG dead) to hide it away in Mossflower.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

BrookSkimmer

;D this is all looking very good! Besides a title you may want to decide what spots you want to open up for people to rp. Possibilities, abbey beasts/slaves, the beast chosen to carry the sword, horde beasts, horde leader, woodlanders...

KitrallStreamrippler

Thanks for all the advice. I nodded a lot while reading.  :)

danflorreguba: Actually, I did DM for a couple of D&D campaigns, but I was too nice and very unimaginative. ("So, you're walking down the passage and you see a chest. You open it? Inside you find, ummm, 50 gold and a bag of holding. Continuing down the passage, you now come face to face with- three goblins. Weak, shrimpy ones.") I do love to write, though, and I think I'm learning pretty fast. Maybe I would be better at this sort of thing rather than a tabletop RPG.

As for a title, I like danflor's suggestion of "Red Horde", but I'll have to brainstorm some more.

Okay, so, open positions. We will need a vermin warlord, somebeast to carry Martin's sword, various vermin, several slaves of assorted ages, and woodlanders (preferably with some Guosim and otters in the mix but it doesn't matter). Also, anyone who wants to play a traveler is welcome.

I just got another idea for the plot. If the Martin's sword is hidden, and both sides are looking for it, how about having vermin solve some/most of the riddles and such? I was sometimes puzzled as to why even the clever vermin never got a crack at solving riddles... Besides, it would be interesting (though sad) to see Martin's sword used for evil. You know, slaughtering woodlanders, killing that really cool character you just met; the usual.
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

Mattio

I'll join as an otter unless you want me to be GM

Here's mt character sheet

Name:Bygro Shellhound
Species:Sea Otter
Weapons:Sling, otter spear.
Appearance:Dark brown with a patch of light brown over his chest and up his neck, tall, has a sling around his waist, and he has green eyes.
Personality:Kind, Playful, Fierce in battle, Loyal to his friends.
History:He came across the Western Sea on Pulonged Petunia with the High Rhulain, but he decided to stay in Mossflower with his friend Vannel.

Name:Vannel (Van-nel)
Species:Sea Otter
Weapons:Sling, Copper ladle
Appearance:Light Brown with a cream spot on her neck and chest. Tall, Emerald coloer tunic with a hood.
Personality:Kind, Cheerful, Helpful, And protective of all of the dibbun.
History:He came across the Western Sea on Pulonged Petunia with the High Rhulain, but she decided to stay with Bygro Shellhound.

Dannflower Reguba

I think I'd enjoy being Martin's sword bearer. I'll put up an App some time after I get back from Chruch, we leave pretty soon, and I want to put in a good character.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

KitrallStreamrippler

Leatho: Thanks for submitting the character sheets, they are very creative (I especially liked the copper ladle). ;)

danflor: I'm sure your application will be very good. I can't wait to see it!

Rainshadow

I think I might join as well.

Name:  Donna
Species:  Shrew
Appearance:  Ginger fur, pale green eyes, pale green tunic, dark navy blue leggings (like jeans, only not), brown leather belt
Weapon(s):  Small kitchen knife, whatever she can get her hands on
Personality:  Kind, compassionate, rather emotional at times, loves a good argument, has a sharp tongue at times
History:  Donna was a Guosim shrew before the vermin attacked Redwall.  She had gone to Redwall for a visit, only to be captured by the vermin and forced into slavery.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Mattio

KitrallStreamrippler

Very nice! I like your description. I think that once we have a warlord and a few other characters, we'll be able to start.

Side note: I have a question. Should I have a character? Can I use a character of mine that will be in another RP? *Realizes that was two questions, shrugs* :P

Sorry, Mattio! I just wasn't really thinking, I guess. I can get pretty scatterbrained at times. Sorry...

Mattio

It's fine and yes you can have the same characters in all the rps if you so please

W0NWILL

Mattio

Won you just love being the evil ones don't you?

KitrallStreamrippler

Mattio: Thanks. I'm usually a little weak on creating characters, and especially with names, so I like to use the ones that I find interesting in several places. I do this a lot in my stories.

WONWILL: Of course you can. It sounds like this RP can get off the ground soon- I'm really excited about it!