News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Verdauga, 2024

Main Menu

Retake Redwall Discussion

Started by KitrallStreamrippler, February 09, 2013, 06:09:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How did Martin's sword end up in Mossflower?

It was hidden before the abbey was conquered
A slave snuck it out and hid it
A vermin stole it- but then got lost and died in the woods
It's been lost or hidden away for a long time before the abbey was taken
None of the above (please post a suggestion)

Mattio

How about we work to make up a riddle and its somewhere blatantly obvious no one checked like the bottom of the pond or the roof

KitrallStreamrippler

Hmm. *nods thoughtfully* Unfortunately, I've never had much of a head for writng or solving riddles, but anyone who wants to help make one is completely welcome to.

I'm going to make a minor beginning character (slave). I'll post the character sheet when it's done.

Oh, hey- *notices 'create poll' button* what an good idea. :)
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

Mattio

I tied here it

Look straight south at twixt night and day
Above the tapestry,
You shall see a lord of the wood,
Climb up thy lord and you shall see,
A king of the evergreens,
Look for the hedgehog that never dies,
In its protective shell.

W0NWILL

I can write riggles and puzzles and brain teasers.

Rainshadow

I think that Martin's sword should be hidden in Brockhall.  That'd be interesting.  Maybe there's a neutral character and/or band of characters that are treasure hunters, seeking to find the sword as well.  I think that'd be interesting.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Mattio

Look back at the place you called home,
And sing the song of the baritone,
And in that song you shall find,
The answer that you seek.

Oho this is the song of the baritone.
You sing it night and day
In the orchard where dibbuns play,
But not the otter dibbuns for they fancy some where else!

Romsca

Stolen by a vermin who then got lost and died in Mossflower Woods

Dannflower Reguba

Quote from: KitrallStreamrippler on February 11, 2013, 01:43:28 AM
danflor: You're welcome of course, but *puzzled face* you didn't do the fur/personality thing on purpose? Huh.

Mattio: Thanks for the input. Your suggestion is simple and to the point, but still sounds nice... I think I'll use that. Btw, should I change the name of this discussion/topic/whats-it-called to match? If so, how does that work?

Also, there is a plot point that needs to be clarified:
Should Martin's sword be in use by the warlord or hidden? And if hidden, where? (In Mossflower, at Salamandastron, inside the abbey?) Any input on this subject is welcome. I will go with whatever choice is most popular.

NO! It wasn't!  :D :D :D :D :D I JUST noticed that when you pointed it out!
ROTCL!

I enjoy writing the riddles as well, Mattio, you want to work together on this? That could be interesting.  ;) I'm REALLY for the Mossflower idea, and think that it should have been hidden away a generation ago, one old coot knows the where abouts...but is it there? >:D

Refined app:

Name: Sodo Suelain
Species: Squirrel
Weapon: (Martin's sword if found), uses a sword of this appearance

He will also wield a bow on occasion
Appearance: Blotchy gray fur with a few white patches (especially on the back side of his left ear), He wears a dark green tunic with a hood, tight bound leather gauntlets (palm to 2' in. from elbow) his eyes are luminescent bright green with a darker hue.
Personality: He's quiet, but friendly. Dark, but reassuring. He is a mixed beast, he has a charisma of sorts, but yet needn't say a word to inspire. Silently kind are the two of the most common describing words when it comes to him.
Other: As he is quiet, he hasn't told anyone where he has come from, or his back story, what IS known is that he hates the fox Warlord for what he has done, and would do anything to end his reign.

BTW Sodo is not meant to have any relation to Frodo or soda. 

P.S. I've already stated my position on the Sword, I prefer the race.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Mattio

It appears in barrel twice and orchard too,
It is in between moon and noon,
Search in four floors  and you shall see it twice

That's the last one I made

Sure I just whipped up a few
Quote from: Mattio on February 11, 2013, 02:02:55 AM
I tied here it

Look straight south at twixt night and day
Above the tapestry,
You shall see a lord of the wood,
Climb up thy lord and you shall see,
A king of the evergreens,
Look for the hedgehog that never dies,
In its protective shell.

Quote from: Mattio on February 11, 2013, 02:25:44 AM

Look back at the place you called home,
And sing the song of the baritone,
And in that song you shall find,
The answer that you seek.

Oho this is the song of the baritone.
You sing it night and day
In the orchard where dibbuns play,
But not the otter dibbuns for they fancy some where else!

KitrallStreamrippler

Whoo! These are all really good ideas! Also, nice riddles, Mattio. Very cryptic, but with a nice sound to them.

Also, here is another character I'll be playing (in the beginning, at least)-
Name: Vurrp
Species: Mole
Weapon(s): Usually none, but can sling well in a pinch.
Appearance: Short, somewhat muscular, with black velvety fur that is just beginning to lose its shine and turn grey. Wears an old dust-colored tunic.
History: Vurrp's father was a Foremole, but then the abbey was taken and Vurrp has been a slave since he was a Dibbun. Both his parents died when he was in his "teen" seasons.
Personality: Friendly and optimistic, he is always trying to cheer up the other slaves (especially young ones). He always makes the best out of what he is given, but he does not believe that any of the slaves will ever escape. Vurrp often uses his sound mole logic to cool tempers before revolts or escapes can be planned or enacted, as he doesn't want to see anybeast punished for their rash actions.
Other: If Sodo is a slave, I would like for Vurrp to be friends with him (with danflor's permission).
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

Mattio

KitrallStreamrippler

What do you guys think of starting the RP this Saturday? (2/16) I think that by then we'll have everything ready to go. As to Martin's sword, it looks like the most popular option is that it should be hidden somewhere in Mossflower Woods. Any ideas about where, who hid it, when, etc.?

Also: Should the RP take place just several seasons since Redwall was taken, or like, two or three generations? I just want to make sure I've got all the details straight.

Side note: I am working on drawings of all the characters. If you have any specific requests or anything, let me know. I will most likely be posting them here (unless I should post them somewhere else?) as I finish them. After I figure out how to get them onto my computer...

Thanks, guys (and girls)!  ;D

Mattio

Cool and if you have a chip reader you can use that by taking the chip out of the camera and put it in there

KitrallStreamrippler

I think I might, actually. Thanks!  :)

Umm, is anyone actually still interested? I won't be offended or anything if you're not; it's totally fine. Sometimes, I get all excited about a good idea or something, but after the initial "This is going to be awesome!" I just lose interest. It's just that I'd like to know if you guys are still planning on playing. Should I go ahead and start the game? I'm gaining confidence and learning quickly, but I still don't know very much about this, so please give me some feedback. Thank you!

Mattio