Started by KitrallStreamrippler, February 16, 2013, 03:47:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who is more awesome?

Dumbledore
Gandalf

psybox

Quote from: KitrallStreamrippler on February 16, 2013, 03:47:35 AM
"I basically rely on my magic
so?  This isn't Buffy the Vampire Slayer, relying on magic isn't that bad.
Quote from: KitrallStreamrippler on February 16, 2013, 03:47:35 AMand though I am pretty friendly
See? he's a great guy!
Quote from: KitrallStreamrippler on February 16, 2013, 03:47:35 AMI'm regarded as a crazy old coot
...but he isn't, he's just eccentric.  Name one genius who isn't.
Quote from: KitrallStreamrippler on February 16, 2013, 03:47:35 AMOh, and I died."
So did Gandalf.

Quote from: KitrallStreamrippler on February 16, 2013, 03:47:35 AM"I ride around on a horse wielding a staff and a sword
Dumbledore can teleport.
Quote from: KitrallStreamrippler on February 16, 2013, 03:47:35 AMsmiting goblins and orcs.
Goblins don't really need all that much smiting where Dumbledore is from, and orcs are just another name for goblins.
Quote from: KitrallStreamrippler on February 16, 2013, 03:47:35 AM
I rarely use my magic, but when I do, it's SUPER AWESOME and just at the right times.
See my reply to Dumbledore relying on magic, and Dumbledore is capable some pretty awesome magic.
Quote from: KitrallStreamrippler on February 16, 2013, 03:47:35 AMI can be kind of scary sometimes, but I'm mostly regarded as a wise and capable leader.
So is Dumbledore.
Quote from: KitrallStreamrippler on February 16, 2013, 03:47:35 AMOh, and when I died, I came back stronger."
True, but he had to die to come back stronger.

Redwallfan7

I'm not a Harry Potter fan. It never clicked for me. I saw the first movie and I thought some of it was decent, but not enough for me to become a fan of it. I'm choosing Gandalf because he helped Frodo and his companions on their adventure, and offered them guidance and helpful advice.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Vilu Daskar

Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

UNKN0WN

Emperor Ublaz

Myst is the best puzzle game EVER!!!

You can win by losing. Jesus did.

Why are you looking
So intently at the beans
While they are sleeping?
               --haiku by me

Linux is GREAT!!!

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Ah zort o' zee zem az bein' different verzionz o' ze zame perzon, like viz Doctor Vho'z variouz incarnationz.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Tam and Martin

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Dag Downyfur

I say Gabdalf  but I accidentally clicked Dumbledore on the poll  :-\
Doctor Who is epic, so is Sherlock. And many other fandoms, but there's not enough room to list them all in my signature!
"I am and always will be the optimist, the hoper of far-flung hopes and the dreamer of improbable dreams." -Matt Smith

Iamthatis

IAMTHATIS MY SWORD SHALL WEILD FOR ME
RIP BRIAN JACQUES

Dawnwing

I just saw this video today that reminded me of this thread:

Ungatt Trunn

Life is too short to rush through it.

Sailears

The results speak for themselves.
My ears, how are you, wot!

White One6193

Gandalf Mithrandir Olorin.

[Always Gandalf/size]

Much better than that manipulative sneaky excuse for a headmaster. Pfft.
"Ride for wrath, ride to ruin, and the world's ending!"- King Theoden

RIP Brian Jacques... ET NOMINE PATRI, ET FILLI, ET SPIRITUS SANCTI, AMEN!

Mit Gott, Fur Koenig, und Die Vadeirlandt!

White One6193

Quote from: HeadInAnotherGalaxy on August 22, 2013, 12:58:54 AM
Ah zort o' zee zem az bein' different verzionz o' ze zame perzon, like viz Doctor Vho'z variouz incarnationz.

Yeah, if the the Doctor somehow became Davros.
"Ride for wrath, ride to ruin, and the world's ending!"- King Theoden

RIP Brian Jacques... ET NOMINE PATRI, ET FILLI, ET SPIRITUS SANCTI, AMEN!

Mit Gott, Fur Koenig, und Die Vadeirlandt!

MeadowR

Dumbledore is a very interesting, laid back character in the book which is totally lost in the films. They made him so gruff and it was so wrong when he grabbed Harry in the Goblet of Fire. That's not Dumbledore!!

Certainly from a film point of you, Gandalf is waaay better. (And it's Ian McKellen! :D)

It's a toughie going by book versions. I haven't read LOTR in a while so I can't remember how well his character comes through.

So, for fairness, my vote is going by __film appearances__.
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014