Martin the Warrior-Most well-written Redwall book?

Started by Ungatt Trunn, February 26, 2013, 01:23:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think that Martin the Warrior is one of the most well-written Redwall book?

Yes! Definautly!
7 (22.6%)
No, I don't.
6 (19.4%)
Not shure....
18 (58.1%)

Total Members Voted: 31

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Sailears

Well I don't want to come across as judgemental, but it is better written than some of the more recent books (maybe because the formula gets a bit repetitive).

However I wouldn't say it is the most well written book - there's at least half a dozen which I consider better. Unfortunately not having read any of them in a while, I can't say for sure which ones. From memory I'd say Mossflower, Outcast, Pearls, Doomwyte, Loamhedge, Taggerung, and possibly a few more.

MtW is great from an emotional point of view, and the character interaction/dialogue is enjoyable to read.
My ears, how are you, wot!

WildDoogyPlumm

Going to be perfectly honest here: I really, really don't like Rose.
As for the book, eh.  It's not the worst in my opinion, but it's not the greatest, either.  Sort of in the middle.
"Guid warriors cannae rest 'til those dirty slayers are paid out in steel for their crimes, ye ken?" - Doogy

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: WildDoogyPlumm on September 09, 2013, 02:01:15 AM
Going to be perfectly honest here: I really, really don't like Rose.
I think that she's okay, though sometimes I wish it wasn't such a big deal made about her death.

Life is too short to rush through it.

Banya Streamdog

EEEE AYE EEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Dannflower Reguba

This book nearly ruined the series for me. :-X There were a lot of.... "less preferable," plot decisions, some of the character relationships were a bit skewered (poor Felldoh!), and the plot as a whole just didn't give me any satisfaction. Badrang died, yes, but Martin got vaguely thrown to the wind, and a lot of pivotal characters were thrown away like so much chaff. I was excited going into it, and ended up very disappointed.   :(
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

The Shade

I have to agree with that, I was a bit underwhelmed when I finished it...
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: danflorreguba on September 17, 2013, 02:35:24 AM
There were a lot of.... "less preferable," plot decisions...
Like what? If the plot was changed than what it was already, the story would go in a very different direction.
Quote from: danflorreguba on September 17, 2013, 02:35:24 AM
some of the character relationships were a bit skewered (poor Felldoh!)
The differents in Martin The Warrior to allot of the other Redwall books is that it takes a bigger view on the reality on war, hence the "skewered characters".

I guess that me and dannflorr don't really see everything eye-to-eye. ;)

Life is too short to rush through it.