News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

Crossed Swords Plotting: Swords of Freedom

Started by BrookSkimmer, February 27, 2013, 11:43:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dannflower Reguba

Err.. Beasts.  ;D

Xbalantie will almost certainly be outside (considering her massive ammount of anti-social skills.    ;D). She enjoys storms, especially at night, though she wouldn't tell anyone that.

@ Leatho as I was reading up since I've last been here, I was thinking "BIG CAVE!" the whole time through.  :D
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Icefire

Quote from: Icefire on March 07, 2013, 03:17:08 AM
Perhaps Vannøyne and Liv have their conversation and then get interrupted by someone (Spera perhaps?) who tells us to come inside as there's a storm brewing outside and a party awaiting us inside. Then, we have a couple of options from there...
We could all be inside singing, dancing, eating, taking part in various competitions (how is that going to work indoors?) Marcus could be the lookout. Eventually, Xbalantie may break away, too, and they can spot the ship. (Together or apart and reporting in a similar fashion to the previously suggested idea.)
So, we like this idea?

Random! I found a picture of a targe that is similar to what I'm picturing for Liv's Aegis! Take a look!
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

Rainshadow

THAT SHIELD SPIKE IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  *Ahem*  Anyway, I like the idea that Vannøyne and Liv would be outside and Spera would come up to them, telling them to get their tails inside for the party (or something along those lines ;)).
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Dannflower Reguba

That's a SPIKE!? I thought it was the handle!  :D The Targe now makes a lot more sense. BTW, this is what a Bolas looks like:

This is actually a REALLY bad example of what I'm trying to portray. It's basically three weighted ends with a center (each end 120 degrees when outstretched), some come with handles, some don't, some have three ends, some have two. Xbalanties are three ended, without handles.

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

BrookSkimmer

Your first chance to post for the tournament will be tomorrow!

Icefire

@Dan: A handle on the front of a shield? ;) The bolas are a great idea!

@Leatho: Does your bonnie lass have a name? I'll probably need to know that if we have a full on conversation about her. :)

BrookSkimmer

Ok, first posts are bout to go up! I'm going to set this at the beginning of a spring festival of sorts. The festival takes place in a large cave. You can make your first post explaining what your character is up to. Be aware, you won't have a very good time trying to develop your character if they have no interacting with anyone. Try to make it so if your character is outside, they might be able to interact with another character.

;D

As you post in the tournament, continue to plot here!

Dannflower Reguba

Quote from: Icefire on March 10, 2013, 10:56:21 PM
@Dan: A handle on the front of a shield? ;) The bolas are a great idea!

@Leatho: Does your bonnie lass have a name? I'll probably need to know that if we have a full on conversation about her. :)

I know, I know *smacks own face* I thought it was stupid too.  ;)

The bolas make a great dueling tool, and if you attach flammables on the ends.... You've got a better repellent than fire swingers! These things are NOT easy to learn how to use!

Leatho Shellhound

Sorry every one! I was at church, then chors, then evening church, then a youth fellowship, than my mom and sis watched a movie!!!

Um...... Seafur.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Icefire

Quote from: Leatho Shellhound on March 11, 2013, 03:39:04 AM
Sorry every one! I was at church, then chors, then evening church, then a youth fellowship, than my mom and sis watched a movie!!!

Um...... Seafur.
No problem! I'll be in a similar boat next week I'm sure.
Seafur...good to know. :)

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: Icefire on March 11, 2013, 03:54:53 AM
Quote from: Leatho Shellhound on March 11, 2013, 03:39:04 AM

Um...... Seafur.
No problem! I'll be in a similar boat next week I'm sure.
Seafur...good to know. :)

Awesome!

I will hopefully post tomorrow, it's midnight here, and tomorrow is school!!
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Ceteruler

BrookSkimmer

I'm just gonna say, the posts I've seen so far are just what I've been hoping for! You guys are doing a really great job :D

Rainshadow

I've just now realized that this is probably my first really girly character I've ever played, and I'm enjoying it!  :P  That's really weird, lol!
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Icefire

Quote from: Rainshadow on March 11, 2013, 05:20:47 PM
  I've just now realized that this is probably my first really girly character I've ever played, and I'm enjoying it!  :P  That's really weird, lol!
That is weird! You? Girly? This will be fun!  ;)